Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-18-18, 06:11 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you are in a for a nice awakening at some point sir , Genny Box Rocks
Old 07-18-18, 06:15 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Lotty any concern about any Russian money coming in for the Trump campaign via the NRA may be or Mr. Manafort having some info that may shed some light on Russian financing for the Trump campaign?

We know they influenced and interfered in different ways, I think the next shoe to drop is finances . that is a huge reason trump will never release his tax returns and the only Prez candidate to not do so in 50 years .

I realize you have a snappy right wing blog post answer for this but what DO YOU THINK ?
Old 07-18-18, 07:21 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
I will start off by saying I am not a big fan of Trump. I will not list all of the reasons, but suffice to say, I have never been a fan. Those that recall the leadup to the election on here will know that I absolutely got into it on here with several of his supporters (including lotr10).

Having said that, I will say that his comments after the Summit in Helsinki really don't bother me. In fact, I can certainly imagine a scenario where I would be very impressed with them.

Why do I say that?

I say that because the actual Summit was conducted behind closed doors and none of us has any idea of what actually went on. The public comments afterwards were exactly that - public comments meant for everyone to hear. They may not (and, IMO probably don't) reflect the actual content of the Summit. Given what we know of Trump's negotiating style, I could very easily see him being a very tough negotiator behind closed doors while also being very complimentary about the person he is negotiating with when out in public. While I have not read the book "Art of the Deal", I have heard that that particular style is advocated quite strongly in that book. If that is true, why would we expect any different from Trump.

I could also see Trump, who obviously does not care if he gets called names by the liberal media, taking the position that he is going to take the heat in the press for making complimentary comments about Russia - if - it gets him a better negotiating position with the Russians in the future. This would kind of make him the "Anti-Obama" who was famously tough in public comments about the Russians, but then wanted to make sure that Putin knew that he "would have more flexibility ... after the election."

Now, is this for certain? Of course not. As I have stated, the actual Summit was behind closed doors and none of us know what was actually said there. But, as others have pointed out, if you look at Trump's actual actions, they have been much harsher on Russia than prior administrations.

Ultimately, the comments at the post-Summit presser are virtually meaningless in the grand scheme of things. We will have to wait and see what, if anything, comes from the actual Summit itself.

For now, Trump has done a good enough of a job as POTUS, that I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 07-18-18, 07:24 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
^^^^^^ This is waaaaay too rational. You may have to leave the room.

Last edited by chs1971; 07-18-18 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-18-18, 09:12 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_big_toe View Post
I will start off by saying I am not a big fan of Trump. I will not list all of the reasons, but suffice to say, I have never been a fan. Those that recall the leadup to the election on here will know that I absolutely got into it on here with several of his supporters (including lotr10).

Having said that, I will say that his comments after the Summit in Helsinki really don't bother me. In fact, I can certainly imagine a scenario where I would be very impressed with them.

Why do I say that?

I say that because the actual Summit was conducted behind closed doors and none of us has any idea of what actually went on. The public comments afterwards were exactly that - public comments meant for everyone to hear. They may not (and, IMO probably don't) reflect the actual content of the Summit. Given what we know of Trump's negotiating style, I could very easily see him being a very tough negotiator behind closed doors while also being very complimentary about the person he is negotiating with when out in public. While I have not read the book "Art of the Deal", I have heard that that particular style is advocated quite strongly in that book. If that is true, why would we expect any different from Trump.

I could also see Trump, who obviously does not care if he gets called names by the liberal media, taking the position that he is going to take the heat in the press for making complimentary comments about Russia - if - it gets him a better negotiating position with the Russians in the future. This would kind of make him the "Anti-Obama" who was famously tough in public comments about the Russians, but then wanted to make sure that Putin knew that he "would have more flexibility ... after the election."

Now, is this for certain? Of course not. As I have stated, the actual Summit was behind closed doors and none of us know what was actually said there. But, as others have pointed out, if you look at Trump's actual actions, they have been much harsher on Russia than prior administrations.

Ultimately, the comments at the post-Summit presser are virtually meaningless in the grand scheme of things. We will have to wait and see what, if anything, comes from the actual Summit itself.

For now, Trump has done a good enough of a job as POTUS, that I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
You clearly get it BT.

And yes we did go at it a couple of times during the primary's. But I always understood why folks like you didn't trust Trump or thought he would lead the GOP to disaster. Those were reasonable positions to take and if we had a better class of politicians I would have been right there along side you opposing Trump in the primary. Hell among my social circle there were several conservative folks who couldn't stand Trump and had to wear a gas mask to cast a vote for him.

And honestly after Trump was elected I quickly went from elation at such an unexpected outcome to fear that Trump would screw it up. That I have been pleasantly surprised at how well Trump has governed would be an understatement.

As for Trump's negotiating style, you're spot on. If he can get his way through public flattery Trump will absolutely do it. He knows that success is the only thing people will remember. It's funny how so many in the MSM don't understand Trump given that his book The Art of the Deal explains his style & approach in bloody detail.
Old 07-18-18, 09:20 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Lotty any concern about any Russian money coming in for the Trump campaign via the NRA may be or Mr. Manafort having some info that may shed some light on Russian financing for the Trump campaign?

We know they influenced and interfered in different ways, I think the next shoe to drop is finances . that is a huge reason trump will never release his tax returns and the only Prez candidate to not do so in 50 years .

I realize you have a snappy right wing blog post answer for this but what DO YOU THINK ?
None what-so-ever Harry. My goodness the NRA has been out front aggressively supporting gun rights for the past 50 years. Was there any doubt that they would side strongly in favor of Trump over Hillary. As to how much Russian money flowed into the NRA - who knows. Let's see some evidence that at least discloses a number. All I know is that the NRA knows how to fund raise and they have no shortage of generous donors.

And while we're on the subject of Russian money flowing into non-profit advocacy groups are you concerned about the documented money flows from Russia to a host of environmental groups? The Russian donations were sent to groups that opposed oil & gas drilling and pipeline construction. They were also really generous with the anti-Fracking groups. I wonder why?
Old 07-18-18, 09:47 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
The press is the enemy of the people...hmmm where does that quote come from? (Stalin, Hugo Chavez) Your ideology is dangerous and un-American. The MSM asked a simple question and yes it frustrated Donald and Vlad...they do not want to be bothered answer to the people. It was almost a yes or no question. Do you believe your intelligence agencies or Russia....and he answered it. I do not understand why you do not want to hold our leaders accountable. How is that an unfair question. If anything the press are the heroes of our democracy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/histo...-people-2017-2
It's hyperbole.

The bias of the media is the enemy of the people.
Old 07-18-18, 10:15 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Trump is afraid that Putin may just spill the beans and say 'Yeah we did interfere, And helped Trump , he won't do that , but he has probably let Trump know that he 'COULD" do it and with trump forever claiming nothing including al ad's attacks and even any Russian involvement changed even one vote.

If that is true why do political ad's? Why attack your opponent? If Russian interference and attacks on Clinton and hacking into DNC computers wouldn't have changed anyone's mind why do it ? You really think James Comey 11 days before the election re-opening the Clinton email investigation didn't cause undecided to may be go towards Trump? Trumps ego can't take people thinking he didn't win fair and square or had help , that's why he more than any other Prez I history brings up his huge landslide electoral college wi including the last press conference. Who keep reliving things in public ? Insecure people who really care about others perception of him. ;Puti only has to praise him and he has at opportune times and Putin gets what he wants. What that is next we will see soon .

The news that Clinton team played unfairly with Bernie didn't anger some of them them into holding their noses and voting for the bloated narcissist ?

Common sense which is supposedly a trait of the right they brag about seems to be lacking here if you think anything Comey or Putin did and Russian interference in general didn't influence anyone's vote you are being obtuse .

Everything fell into place just right for Trump who won despite receiving 3 million less votes but picked up narrow margin wins in 3 key states by a total of 75,000 votes. I realize that he acts as if he is bigger than he is {Way too long tie is a big giveaway among other tell tale signs} and as if he won in a landslide and has a mandate but even you Trump apologists know it was a tiny margin of victory and seems to have had some help . HE NEEDED IT despite Hilary being a 12-15 years past her political prime having little energy or message and her personal issues that were highlighted.

He still lost by 3 million votes, and HAD HELP . Joe Biden who is basically without scandal would have beaten Trump fairly comfortably . Economy would be fine and we wouldn't be embarrassed by Trump's lies and buffoonish behavior. You don't think the world laughs? Really? You don't think they notice his bullying act with women and most leaders and his deference to Putin and Russia and what those reasons may be ?

The recent events may be forgotten by some or lost in the next news cycle but it is not forgotten altogether, this Russia thing isn't going anywhere anytime soon and the reason for that is despite your protestations and support, there is a there there.
Who cares what the rest of the world thinks? Most of them have never liked us and many of the ones who say they do are just hanging out for the benefits. This globalist obsession of the left is one big reason why Trump's message of America first resonated.

As for political ads... candidates and their PACs run negative ads every campaign season...guess Mueller better indict all of them too.

There is no there there. They've admitted as much twice now. It's DC in 2018...if there was any evidence it would've been leaked by now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: