Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-12-18, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
What's actually amazing to me is how willing people are to simply ignore what is right in front of them in favor of what's most comfortable. Modern progressivism is steeped in neo-Marxist ideology.
Nobody is ignoring anything. We're just not living in fear that the marxists are coming to rape our women and pillage our towns like some on here want to believe.
Old 11-12-18, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It's fact. Flailing around saying "that's not true" doesn't change it.
Which, ironically, is exactly what you're doing. "The marxists are coming! The Marxists are coming!"

Quote:
I deal with these people on a daily basis.
This explains why you're view of how imminent a threat the marxists really are is completely skewed.
Old 11-12-18, 02:29 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Nobody is ignoring anything. We're just not living in fear that the neo-Marxists are coming to rape our women and pillage our towns like some on here want to believe.
Yes, they are. When you act like me telling the truth about modern progressivism is akin to living of fear, you're doing exactly that. It's uncomfortable for people to consider that there is a real growing movement that seeks to unseat our entire society. They're pro-large government, anti-individualism, and anti-capitalist to just gloss over it. They're not even quiet about it, people just choose not to listen or if they do, they think they're too nuts to every actually win. Well, if you think that lunatic in NY is just a one-off, you're mistaken, as you have been for a long time on this issue.
Old 11-12-18, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes, they are. When you act like me telling the truth about modern progressivism is akin to living of fear, you're doing exactly that. It's uncomfortable for you to consider that there is a growing movement that seeks to unseat out entire society. They're not even quiet about it, people just choose not to listen or if they do, they think they're too nuts to every actually win. Well, if you think that lunatic in NY is just a one-off, you're mistaken, as you have been for a long time on this issue.
Would you go so far as to say that anyone who doesn't believe they're coming to rape our women and pillage our children is an idiot, ala the MAGAbomber? Were you telling the truth then?
Old 11-12-18, 02:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Which, ironically, is exactly what you're doing. "The marxists are coming! The Marxists are coming!"

This explains why you're view of how imminent a threat the marxists really are is completely skewed.
No, it isn't what I'm doing. I have no idea how you're even making the comparison. Completely irrational.

No, it explains your lack of understanding of the issue. You're not on the ground dealing with it. You're ignorant to what is actually going on.
Old 11-12-18, 02:38 PM
All District

JcksnPlrBrs2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No, it isn't what I'm doing. I have no idea how you're even making the comparison. Completely irrational.

No, it explains your lack of understanding of the issue. You're not on the ground dealing with it. You're ignorant to what is actually going on.
Where exactly is this "swarm of Revolutionaries" that you're "braving"...?
All Yappi

Christ he's so dramatic lol. You're a hero Crusaders. Thank you for your service.
All Yappi

Quote:
Would you go so far as to say that anyone who doesn't believe they're coming to rape our women and pillage our children is an idiot, ala the MAGAbomber? Were you telling the truth then?
Yes, I was telling truth. To immediately jump into "it's a lone wolf crazy person" without even a suspect is idiocy, and to favor that over what the available information at the time made apparent is also idiocy. In the end, I accepted that it turned out to a crazy guy in Florida, but that was only after he admitted to doing it. Somehow, you've been convinced jumping to conclusions based on probability makes one smarter than someone who critically thinks through the available information.

It's telling that you constantly have to have to resort to non-arguments. Perhaps you should actually try to understand what happening than ridicule from ignorance. Maybe then you'd stop being wrong about it.
Old 11-12-18, 02:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yes, I was telling truth. To immediately jump into "it's a lone wolf crazy person" without even a suspect is idiocy, and to favor that over what the available information at the time made apparent is also idiocy. In the end, I accepted that it turned out to a crazy guy in Florida, but that was only after he admitted to doing it. Somehow, you've been convinced jumping to conclusions based on probability makes one smarter than someone who critically thinks through the available information.

It's telling that you constantly have to have to resort to non-arguments. Perhaps you should actually try to understand what happening than ridicule from ignorance. Maybe then you'd stop being wrong about it.
I already apologized man. Not all of us are boots on the ground in the middle of the war-zone. Keep fighting the good fight.
Old 11-12-18, 02:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcksnPlrBrs2002 View Post
Where exactly is this "swarm of Revolutionaries" that you're "braving"...?
It's pretty telling that you keep having to put words in my mouth.

As to where progressives are? They're all over the place, but are more concentrated in certain areas. The media is a hotbed, and that's news and entertainment. HR departments. NGOs. Activist organizations. Social workers can be pretty damn nuts when it comes to their ideology and politics. Academia is basically run by them. And many of them are the stereotypical mid-20s millennial with a useless arts degree struggling to pay off their student loan debt.
Old 11-12-18, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I already apologized man. Not all of us are boots on the ground in the middle of the war-zone. Keep fighting the good fight.
Of course. That's exactly what I said.
Old 11-12-18, 03:08 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Crusaders certainly is his own biggest fan, huh?
Old 11-12-18, 03:22 PM
All District

JcksnPlrBrs2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Crusaders certainly is his own biggest fan, huh?
Well, to be fair, he IS vigilantly keeping an eye on the "Red Horde" that has come to permeate the very fabric of our society.
Old 11-12-18, 03:28 PM
All Yappi

Again, I've never claimed there's a "red horde permeating the very fabric of our society". It is still a troublingly large and growing group of people who hold a level of influence far above their raw numbers. It's not a huge problem right now in the sense that they're not on the verge of running the country, but I've always been about addressing it before things get to that point.
Old 11-12-18, 03:40 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Somehow, you've been convinced jumping to conclusions based on probability makes one smarter than someone who critically thinks through the available information.
Part of "critically thinking" is definitely jumping to absolute conclusions before having any real information and calling anyone who would say there's even a 1% chance there could be an alternative explanation a moron.

Quote:
So obviously an inside job you'd have to be a complete moron to think otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Saying a false flag operation is the most likely explanation would be dumb enough, but you went a step further and said it was so obviously the explanation only a moron could think there was any other possibility.
Quote:
Yes, it is what I said.
Old 11-12-18, 03:46 PM
All Yappi

Yeah sure, just ignore this part:

Quote:
To immediately jump into "it's a lone wolf crazy person" without even a suspect is idiocy, and to favor that over what the available information at the time made apparent is also idiocy. In the end, I accepted that it turned out to a crazy guy in Florida, but that was only after he admitted to doing it.
As I said at the time, the only conclusion one could draw given the available information was that it was a stunt by the democrats. They had the most clear motive.

Your constant need to prove people wrong and the lengths you go to do it makes you look like a lonely, angsty teenager.
Old 11-12-18, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, I just thought it was weird a self-professed "critical thinker" would immediately jump to a conclusion, profess 100% confidence in said conclusion, and call anyone who thought there were other possibilities a moron. That kind of seems like the opposite of critical thinking to me. Almost seems like someone who operates purely on emotion rather than logic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: