Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-31-19, 01:48 PM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Philly now has to rely too much on Reddick to be their outside threat after the Butler trade and he's not that kind of horse. I think they're starting to see Butler can be a divisive diva.

Anyone else notice how the gripe about NBA players was that they were money grubbing egotists that were more concerned with money than championships. Now the gripe is that they manipulate the system to fashion all star teams to win championships. Funny how things change.
Philly has a rookie guard off the bench, Landry Shammett, who's a decent shooter. I'm not worried about them offensively, I just think they need a better guard or two off the bench that can guard people. Reddick has been a great addition though, one with shooting, but more importantly his leadership. Corey Brewer has been good as well.

I think NBA players will always want to get paid and have big egos. I think now there is SO much money, the stars have the option to get paid AND win. Some people love the fact that players can go play with whomever they want and create these all star teams. Again, it's a microcosm of the AAU system. It's what these kids know. I just think it bad for the league because you have players who become millionaires in one city, and leave at the first chance to buddy up with someone in a big market. I'm not sold that Anthony Davis is as impactful player as made out to be. As we've seen, every team has to have leading scorers, so if you are on the floor for enough minutes, you'll pile up statistics. But is that player a difference maker?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-19, 08:20 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Knicks lol
Old 01-31-19, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
The Knicks must believe this really sets them up for free agency. Unfortunately, they forget they're the Knicks. It only pans out if it leads to two of the big free agents (Durant; Leonard; Irving) along with getting Zion in the draft. Then they'll look like geniuses. The reality, however, is that Dolan owns this pile and they'll end up with none of them and the third pick in the draft and continue to have such an awful franchise that no one wants to come there.
Old 01-31-19, 11:12 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Such an awful trade. I like Dennis Smith and think he has a ton of potential, but smaller athletic guards are a dime a dozen. Porzingis, it he can stay relatively healthy, has significantly more value than him. Even unprotected, the two first rounders they get will be at best late lottery. Odds are the Mavs will at least be solid with Doncic and Porzingis. Those picks that will likely be delivered in 2021 and 2023 will probably fall somewhere between 15-25 depending on what moves the Mavs make if those two stay healthy.

You could argue that they're setting themselves up for the summer by dumping salary, but nobody other than a total idiot is signing with that organization. The best free agent I can ever remember them hauling in was an arguably post-prime A'Mare Stoudemire.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-19, 07:56 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Porzingas said he's still going to sign his QO and be a UFA after next year. Looking less like a win for Dallas unless they can keep him. Still, have to imagine they could have gotten more for Porzingas.
Old 02-01-19, 02:19 PM
All World

Patrick Ewing is the only player in my lifetime that wanted to be in NY, and made the franchise better. It's been a comedy of errors and flops since then.
Old 02-01-19, 02:27 PM
All World

I know, I know, it's one NBA regular season game, but I think the Sixers really grew up last night, beating the Warriors at Oracle Arena last night. They got behind early, got 1 point combined from Embiid and Butler in the first quarter. The second unit stepped up, behind Landry Shammett and Mike Muscalla and kept them in the game. Also last night may have been Ben Simmons best overall game as a pro. He's had more points, and triple doubles, etc. but against a high quality opponent, on the road, he carried us in different spots during the game.
Now Klay Thompson didn't play last night, so it wasn't a full Warriors team, but Curry went for 41 and was out of his mind from 3 point land. He's the best shooter in NBA history, period. End of discussion. You are actually surprised if he misses a shot from 3 point land.
DeMarcus Cousins played really well early, got the best of Embiid in the first half. But Joel really had a great 2nd half, Looney tried to guard him and Embiid just killed him.
Kevin Durrant was good, but wasn't his normal great self, missing alot of mid range shots and that helped the Sixers..

I'm not sure if the Sixers are a contender, but they are in the conversation. I'd like to see them add a veteran guard to help d-up. With Reddick and McConnell, guard play at the defensive end is a little shaky.

The Sixer bench showed up big time last night. McConnell, Corey Brewer, Jonah Bolden, Shammett and Muscalla all contributed in a big way.
Old 02-01-19, 03:34 PM
All District

ceebass13 is on a distinguished road
Judging by the comments made by Kyrie, I am sure Boston has been concerned.
Old 02-01-19, 03:35 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Patrick Ewing is the only player in my lifetime that wanted to be in NY, and made the franchise better. It's been a comedy of errors and flops since then.
A couple of big free agents splashes can turn that comedy of errors around really quick. Just hard to tell if the owner and front office can get out of their own way.
Old 02-06-19, 09:04 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
You know the Knicks will get the first pick this year, don't you? It's already been determined.
Old 02-06-19, 03:04 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
You know the Knicks will get the first pick this year, don't you? It's already been determined.
Funny, I was telling a friend that there is no chance the NBA lets Zion play anywhere but NY next year.
Old 02-06-19, 03:07 PM
All District

I have to admit, watching the Lakers implode is comical to me.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...205-story.html
Old 02-06-19, 03:13 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebass13 View Post
I have to admit, watching the Lakers implode is comical to me.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...205-story.html
If everything goes according to previous experience, the young players will be shipped out in favor of older players who will fill roles around LeBron. Then, when he leaves, the team will be left with nothing. I almost hope Kyrie will go to the Lakers, because you know after a short while, they will have the same problem they had in Cleveland. Kyrie has learned nothing about his role on a LeBron team.
Old 02-06-19, 03:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
If everything goes according to previous experience, the young players will be shipped out in favor of older players who will fill roles around LeBron. Then, when he leaves, the team will be left with nothing. I almost hope Kyrie will go to the Lakers, because you know after a short while, they will have the same problem they had in Cleveland. Kyrie has learned nothing about his role on a LeBron team.
I totally agree. It sounds like NO is not going to deal them Davis either. Basically this could be a lost season, and he is not getting any younger.
Old 02-06-19, 06:17 PM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
The Lakers trainwreck is fun to watch.

Completely deserved on all accounts.

"2nd best team behind the Warriors"
Old 02-07-19, 10:04 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Kevin Durant with another whiny rant last night. That guy becomes more unlikable every time he opens his mouth.
Old 02-07-19, 10:12 AM
All District

Quote:
Kevin Durant with another whiny rant last night. That guy becomes more unlikable every time he opens his mouth.
My list of unlikable players is getting pretty long.
Old 02-07-19, 01:00 PM
All Yappi

BR1986FB is on a distinguished road
I'm likely in the minority but I thought the Cavs got out (from Lebron) while the getting was good. I think this is the beginning of his body starting to break down. I don't think he's going to fall off a cliff but I do think the injuries will become more & more nagging. I know it's considered "blasphemy" but, in hindsight, they should've traded him and kept Kyrie. They'd likely be stacked for the haul they would've gotten (if he would've waived a no trade clause).
Old 02-07-19, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
I'm likely in the minority but I thought the Cavs got out (from Lebron) while the getting was good. I think this is the beginning of his body starting to break down. I don't think he's going to fall off a cliff but I do think the injuries will become more & more nagging. I know it's considered "blasphemy" but, in hindsight, they should've traded him and kept Kyrie. They'd likely be stacked for the haul they would've gotten (if he would've waived a no trade clause).
That was the big problem, he wasn't waiving his no-trade clause. He was going to leave on his terms when he wanted. He was not letting DG or the GM have any power.
Old 02-07-19, 04:01 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He really doesn't help himself. He was never like this with OKC. Whoever is in his "inner circle" really needs to Coach him through this media stuff. Of course there's going to be talk and theories about you leaving and going to NYC when the Knicks just freed up two max slots. He's way to sensitive to the BS said about him, whether it's on Twitter or in the media. He's still a top 3 player in the league and reigning 2-time Finals MVP though, so maybe he just doesn't really give an F anymore.
Old 02-07-19, 04:11 PM
All Yappi

If the rumors are true that the Pelicans were just screwing with the Lakers to get back at them for tampering with Davis, I love it.
Old 02-07-19, 09:24 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Between getting baited and trolled by the Pelicans AND daddy Ball spewing his nonsense on Undisputed, the last few days have been brutal for the Lakers. From a standpoint of chemistry and trust, I think they are probably furked for the stretch run. It's going to be really difficult to recover from this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-19, 07:01 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Honestly, I'm surprised the Lakers didn't ship Lonzo to the Suns or Bulls or some other garbage team after what Lavar said. And what a hell of an ending, another classic game between the Celtics and Lakers. When I saw it was Rondo with the ball, I thought it was going to rim out.
Old 02-08-19, 04:42 PM
All World

Surprise! Look who is predicted to be the first to go in the draft and where he is expected to go. Why do you think the lottery was changed to the worst three teams having the same shot?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral
Old 02-08-19, 07:58 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Somebody had better go and give KLove the Galooley treatment. There are another 4 or 5 teams within a game or two of the Cavs. Gotta be bottom 3.
Old 02-09-19, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

Hey 14red you see John Wall is finishing his degree.
Old 02-10-19, 12:53 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
He'd be way better off with the Marshawn Lynch, "I'm just here because I have to be.....whatever" approach.

Mid-season NBA "journalism" has been a melodramatic pharce for years, and it's only become worse in the age of click-whores. LeBron plays the media game very well, actually to his advantage, but many other players don't do nearly as well.

Durant blows at it He was at a disadvantage as soon as he was outed for the burner accounts. Now he's really painted a target on himself.
Old 02-11-19, 02:21 PM
All District

The NBA has warned the Pelicans that they will impose a fine each game that they sit Anthony Davis. However, the Cavs can continue to pay JR Smith millions not to come to work. Funny how and when they decided to enforce rules.
Old 02-11-19, 03:30 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Hey 14red you see John Wall is finishing his degree.
Good for him, he has plenty of time to do that now that he's healing an Achilles for the next 9 months.
Old 02-11-19, 03:54 PM
All Yappi

Amazing that they can make a few million bucks and if the league doesnt work out they are further ahead than any other 22 yr old. They can also use that money to go back and finish their degree.

I know it is a tough concept to understand but take your time, you will grasp it by 2020