Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Was Tony Jameson Pinned?
Yes 31 81.58%
No 7 18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-18, 03:38 PM
Freshman

cradle3 is on a distinguished road
I was matside & think he was. He arched & squirmed enough... but 99% of the time, woulda been a pin
Old 08-13-18, 06:16 PM
All American

rjewards is on a distinguished road
when does the season start???
Old 08-13-18, 07:11 PM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
I thought one of us needs to say Tony is an all-time Ohio great and we all loved the fearless way he wrestled. I have no doubt that had the pin been called , he would've torn through the field to finish 3rd. If he weren't so great, we wouldn't still be talking about this match. But you gotta love the moxy of his opponent whom, sadly, I can't even name. So, Tony I know you are here on yappi. I hope you know no one intended any disrespect. As an OH HS wrestling celebrity you will be spoken of good and bad as a wrestling icon at the expense of a regular guy who is on yappi like the rest of us . You showed a lot of class and restraint by not responding. No matter what anyone says, you will always be able to say proudly you were a 4 timer. Kudos to you. Glad you are giving back as a coach.
Old 08-14-18, 08:51 AM
All World

bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
I thought one of us needs to say Tony is an all-time Ohio great and we all loved the fearless way he wrestled. I have no doubt that had the pin been called , he would've torn through the field to finish 3rd. If he weren't so great, we wouldn't still be talking about this match. But you gotta love the moxy of his opponent whom, sadly, I can't even name. So, Tony I know you are here on yappi. I hope you know no one intended any disrespect. As an OH HS wrestling celebrity you will be spoken of good and bad as a wrestling icon at the expense of a regular guy who is on yappi like the rest of us . You showed a lot of class and restraint by not responding. No matter what anyone says, you will always be able to say proudly you were a 4 timer. Kudos to you. Glad you are giving back as a coach.
Good post. His match could be in the mix with numerous other 4xers who got a call (takedown, stall, escape, etc.) somewhere during their four state tournaments that some would argue shouldn't have gone their way. There are numerous calls throughout the state tournament that could have been called the other way, depending on your point of view or bias. This one stands out since it was almost a pin. But the ref didn't call it a pin so history will show that Jameson was a 4xer. I checked the records and indeed he is listed under 4x champs. Congrats Tony.
Old 08-16-18, 08:46 PM
All American

OCEagle is on a distinguished road
Just curious - how did the opponent that ended up losing the match react after Tony Jameson came back to win the match? That may be a greater example of sportsmanship if he accepted what call was made (or not made) even though he had a legitimate reason to slam a headgear, kick a chair, bust through the door to the lockerroom, or walk away into the crowd pushing everyone out of the way so he could go pout. I see that all the time when a kid loses to a better wrestler and it wasn't because of a bad call - or a no call. From what I saw in the video, he did not look to get upset that time was called because of an apparent injury to Jameson while he was continuing to work on the pin.

I have no dog in this fight, but one wrestler benefited and another was screwed-over. Everyone has their opinion on which is which. At this point only one thing is certain - it definitely wasn't a pin. I know that only because the ref never slapped the mat to indicate it was.

And it adds to folklore of sports.
Old 08-17-18, 03:10 PM
All Ohio

miketyson is on a distinguished road
who ever started this

did a great job of pulling off the trolling.....well done.
Old 08-18-18, 05:44 AM
Freshman

LouieIacoboni is on a distinguished road
every day I see this tread and it pisses me off. A little more everyday. Tony won 4 state titles in Ohio and is was one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch. Tony is a bigger man than me for not responding.. I enjoy a little trolling as much as the next in mature adult but the horse has long been dead and rotting at this point. Unless wrestling125 is the kid from bowling green give it up
Old 08-18-18, 08:57 AM
All World

bdhof will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieIacoboni View Post
every day I see this tread and it pisses me off. A little more everyday. Tony won 4 state titles in Ohio and is was one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch. Tony is a bigger man than me for not responding.. I enjoy a little trolling as much as the next in mature adult but the horse has long been dead and rotting at this point. Unless wrestling125 is the kid from bowling green give it up
Cueing MPhillips...
Old 08-18-18, 04:34 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
How about a new poll cucumbers vs. pickles; I'm gonna put it out there right now, I'm a pickles guy. On a good day I might just ask for extra pickles, especially on a big boy.
Old 08-18-18, 10:58 PM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Watching this over and over again, I’m still amazed at Tony’s gas tank.
Old 08-19-18, 08:45 AM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
he laid on his back so long I thought he fell asleep. I heard someone yell throw him a pillow.
Old 08-22-18, 12:49 PM
All District

2sportcoach is on a distinguished road
He did look pinned but who cares. I usually watch this match every year because it is a great match. The gas tank of Tony and the class act after the match he had it was amazing. The scrambling that he did just one of a guy. Tony tipped his hat because he knew that kid brought it and didn't lay down just because Tony was a returning 3Xer. Gotta love the sport for that aspect!
Old 08-22-18, 08:12 PM
All Ohio

white_chocolate is on a distinguished road
I was sitting next to the Bowling Green section that day. His opponent, Rudy Hendon, wrestled for Bowling Green. After his match he came up and his group all gave him hugs and told him how great that match was. He made no excuses, I just remember him saying he was so tired, he gave all he had. I was coaching at a D3 college at the time (Mt. St. Joe). I gave him my card, told him we would love to have him consider our program. He was very appreciative and thankful. I did not one time see him feel sorry for himself that evening. I was very impressed with him as a person. How you handle tough defeat can say a lot about a person.

Brennan Ryan
Old 08-24-18, 05:58 PM
Varsity

rr23724 is on a distinguished road
I was standing matside with my wrestler getting ready on another mat. Jameson was pinned on 3 separate occasions.