Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-24-17, 10:31 AM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Do explain
Old 05-24-17, 11:10 AM
All World

Greater Youngstown athletic conference.
Old 05-24-17, 11:37 AM
All District

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Poland is d 4 though.
Barely, if they had 10 more boys they would be D-III, and if not for competitive balance, Poland would still be division 3 by pure enrollment numbers. Poland is at like 265 and Canfield is at 351. For reference Harding is around 600 boys (barely D-II), and Boardman and East are around 525-550, not to mention Fitch is like 650-675 or so.
So Canfield should have to play a school nearly twice as big with over 300 more boys than them (not to mention open enrollment) not one but two divisions higher...
But Poland should not have to play a school with about 80-90 more boys that is just barely one division higher and would have actually been in the same division if going purely on enrollment?

There is nothing Canfield can do about being half the size of a D-I school and having several hundred kids less than the area D-II schools, mind you Canfield does play Boardman anyways (and East but that is not saying much), they also played the D-I school in Ashtabula, and the Kenston Bombers who were very recently D-I.
Poland has shown it can compete with Canfield and Howland despite having less boys in recent years, Canfield tried playing Fitch in the early 2000's twice and Fitch wasn't even that good and they could not really hang with them so they just threw a Hail Mary just about every play.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-17, 12:02 PM
All World

Canfield doesn't have to play up. If they go independent they can find a good schedule for them. They will travel though. Unfortunately what Canfield (and others) like doing to Mooney and Ursuline is being done to them. Cooper must of really ruffled more feathers than we know!
Old 05-24-17, 12:28 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathews99 View Post
Well, I'd love to see Springfield Local jump in that group of Newton Falls, LaBrae, Champion, Liberty, Brookfield, Campbell, and Crestview...

Then move Mathews into the Mahoning Valley Athletic Conference to replace Springfield....
Not likely, but I would love it....
That would be awful for the MVAC, a conference that's already really top heavy in football (McDonald and Reserve haven't lost to any of the other members in 5 years) and hoops.
Old 05-24-17, 12:31 PM
All District

simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Canfield doesn't have to play up. If they go independent they can find a good schedule for them. They will travel though. Unfortunately what Canfield (and others) like doing to Mooney and Ursuline is being done to them. Cooper must of really ruffled more feathers than we know!
I could have sworn at some point you suggested that Canfield play up with Fitch, Harding and Boardman...
The problem with being independent is only for football scheduling it is difficult to schedule games late in the year when everyone else has league games. Finding games for the first 4 weeks will be a lot easier than the last 6, potentially leaving them with a decision to have an 8 or 9 game schedule or play 10 weeks but get slaughtered (and risk injuries) two or three times at a minimum.

Old 05-24-17, 12:43 PM
All Ohio

smartestdumbguy01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do explain
I would think that what is left of the blue tier may approach a few geagua county teams or portage county teams. If those trumbull county schools will be going 45 minutes to play crestview they maybe able to find someone closer who is just as good competitively. Trust me...I doubt its over.
Old 05-24-17, 01:02 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
I could have sworn at some point you suggested that Canfield play up with Fitch, Harding and Boardman...
The problem with being independent is only for football scheduling it is difficult to schedule games late in the year when everyone else has league games. Finding games for the first 4 weeks will be a lot easier than the last 6, potentially leaving them with a decision to have an 8 or 9 game schedule or play 10 weeks but get slaughtered (and risk injuries) two or three times at a minimum.

They don't HAVE to.
Old 05-24-17, 01:05 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Canfield and Boardman have better all-sports programs than Fitch and Harding, which to me is justification for both of them traveling a bit for a league. Canfield should explore the Suburban, Boardman consider returning to the Fed. The golf and swimming programs at Boardman (as well as boys track/XC most years), tennis, soccer, etc at Canfield are all head and shoulders above most of the area schools and probably would be better served in strong leagues. Then all the big leftover AAC schools could promise to load up on games in all sports but football but just outside of a league structure as is currently being proposed. Fitch and Harding would do fine as independents. Boardman seemingly only has about 5 or 6 local opponents willing to play (3 regularly) and Canfield may have burned a few bridges that having 6-7 league games w/3 local schools is probably about as good as either can do.
Old 05-24-17, 01:41 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Barely, if they had 10 more boys they would be D-III, and if not for competitive balance, Poland would still be division 3 by pure enrollment numbers. Poland is at like 265 and Canfield is at 351. For reference Harding is around 600 boys (barely D-II), and Boardman and East are around 525-550, not to mention Fitch is like 650-675 or so.
So Canfield should have to play a school nearly twice as big with over 300 more boys than them (not to mention open enrollment) not one but two divisions higher...
But Poland should not have to play a school with about 80-90 more boys that is just barely one division higher and would have actually been in the same division if going purely on enrollment?

There is nothing Canfield can do about being half the size of a D-I school and having several hundred kids less than the area D-II schools, mind you Canfield does play Boardman anyways (and East but that is not saying much), they also played the D-I school in Ashtabula, and the Kenston Bombers who were very recently D-I.
Poland has shown it can compete with Canfield and Howland despite having less boys in recent years, Canfield tried playing Fitch in the early 2000's twice and Fitch wasn't even that good and they could not really hang with them so they just threw a Hail Mary just about every play.

Poland will be D5 within 10 years.
Old 05-24-17, 01:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Do explain
you don't see the humor?
Old 05-24-17, 01:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
When you have an administration like acted like babies the way they did with Mooney, karma will get you.

In case anyone forgot

http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/feb/0...ards-for-moon/
Old 05-24-17, 02:01 PM
All World

So many schools have that same mooney "ban"