Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > St Xavier Bombers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-22-19, 05:47 PM
All Yappi

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Andrew Coverdale is currently the offensive coordinator at Trinity High School in Louisville, Kentucky, where—in two stints on the Shamrocks’ staff—he has been a part of four state championship teams. Before assuming his present position in 2006, he served as the head football coach at Castle (IN) High School for three seasons. He has also been on the interscholastic football staffs at Brown County (IN), McClutcheon (IN), and Noblesville (IN), as well as serving on the staff as an assistant coach at Taylor University. A 1993 graduate of LSU, Coverdale is widely respected for his thorough understanding of offensive football and for his ability to teach players at all competitive levels. A much sought-after clinic speaker, he has written a number of well-received instructional books and has been featured on 11 instructional DVDs.

Coaches Choice Article from 2009
Old 04-22-19, 05:51 PM
All Yappi

2011 Article from CatholicSportsNet

Coverdale has built one of the nation's most potent offenses.

His has an unlikely path to quarterback coaching. He only played football through the eighth grade. He was a student manager in high school and an equipment manager in college.

Not the typical quarterback coach route.

Andrew Coverdale dealt with the rejections and quizzical looks from coaches with whom he interviewed. They would ask him where he played and when his response was that he hadn’t, they’d politely thank him and send him on his way. But he persevered, kept pursuing his passion and became a quarterback coaching expert. How he did it is an interesting tale. Why he did it was simple: he loves the game.

He’s written several books on the subject and currently serves as offensive coordinator and quarterback coach at one of the nation’s finest football programs, Trinity high school in Louisville, KY. Working with head coach Bob Beatty, Coverdale has coached quarterbacks that have won a collective seven state championships in the state’s largest school classification.

Insisting that he possesses a “quarterback’s mentality inside a lineman’s body,” Coverdale attacked learning about the art and science of quarterbacking at every level. A constant pest to high school coaches and even in college at LSU, he learned not by playing, but by watching, listening and soaking up every crumb of knowledge about the game and the position that he could.

“I wasn’t a very good player,” admitted Coverdale, “but I did pester my high school coach relentlessly. He let me serve as a manager and I learned the game that way. He even let me run the scout team one year.”

His time at LSU was not wasted. He looked for opportunities to expand his knowledge of the game under head coaches Mike Archer and Curly Hallman—the man who coached Brett Favre to a great deal of success at Southern Mississippi before leading the Tigers at LSU.

“I went to LSU as an equipment manager and that let me be around a lot of great coaches,” Coverdale said. “They were very accessible and very accommodating for a guy that was a huge pest. It’s difficult because the first question that most people ask you when you’re trying to break into the coaching ranks is ‘Where did you play?’ So there were a lot of notebooks that got shut and a lot of interviews that ended when I told them I didn’t play.”

Working his way through several high schools in his home state of Indiana, Coverdale is grateful to those who gave him opportunities to learn and implement his thoughts along the way.

“I volunteered at a high school in Lafayette, IN in 1993 and just went from there,” he said. “I was fortunate to find some people who were willing to mentor me and put up with me. My roots can be traced back to a handful of men who took a lot of time to bring me up in the profession, teach me to respect the profession and how to coach.”

An early influence included a high school coach who had a profound impact on the little things that went with coaching the quarterback position.

“A lot of that started with Dan Robinson, who is the second coach I worked for,” Coverdale said. “He just had a really comprehensive approach in how he trained his guys, what he expected out of his guys, how they were not just another position. His son had played quarterback for him so you hear the clichι of the quarterback being an extension of a coach and I got to see what that looked like through his son Scott. Dan created a bar where the whole concept of training him, teaching him, giving him the tools and then exercising them (those tools) and letting him be that guy on the field. Giving a quarterback a lot of leeway to make plays and giving them a framework. Setting the bar high for them; making demands of them; but then really letting them run the show and manipulate the chessboard so to speak.”

Growing up in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s, Coverdale witnessed some great quarterbacks in the primes of their careers. Bradshaw, Montana, Fouts, Marino and many others. But he watched Montana and Fouts more closely than the rest.

“I grew up in the Joe Montana/Dan Fouts era,” he said. “There was the fluidity, grace, smoothness and precision of Montana; there was the accuracy and the grit and the toughness of Fouts. As a young coach, I had those pictures in my mind, but I also had the winning example of how Dan Robinson trained his guys at Northwestern high school in Kokomo, IN in 1994.”

Using those two talents as his model, Coverdale quarterbacks contain a certain type of poise on the field. You can see it in the way they execute fakes and how they set their feet to survey the field.

“We get kids who have had some exposure to big game already,” he said. “The fact that so many of our guys have played in the Louisville Catholic School Athletic Association and have played in big environments—the Toy Bowl is a big environment—and they’ve learned to thrive in that. We try to put them in pressure environments. Because of the tone coach Beatty sets, I think that anybody who has been to one of our practices would agree that there’s pressure on the kids to perform on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (at practice) so that some of that poise will carry over into the game. We try to create some of those situations so that they’ll have to react to them.”

All the good ones have common traits; generally they have good footwork, a must for a Coverdale signal caller. He’s a stickler for details and having a strong, solid, sure base from the hips down is vital for a good passer on any level.

“There is a component built into our program about constantly emphasizing the feet,” he said. “Steve Young once said, ‘Ninety percent of the bad throws you make are from the hips down.’ So there is a lot we do in the off-season in terms of ‘the quiet feet.’ It has to come from a kid who has a fundamental poise overall. We make them do a lot of live throws with pressure around them.”

It is precisely that type of attention-to-detail in Coverdale’s coaching that makes him successful on the field. He is also humble enough to know that his student-athletes can teach him a thing or two about coaching as well.

From two-time state champion, Orange Bowl champion and 2nd round NFL draft pick Brian Brohm: “I’ve learned from every one of my quarterbacks,” Coverdale admitted. “One of the major things I learned was that you had to have a flexible system for a kid to read a defense. Some coaches teach that you read from one to two, other coaches say you key a defender and work opposite him. Brian saw the field in a way that was different from all of that. He had a feel. I had to coach him differently. I couldn’t put him in the same box because it would have limited him in some ways. We had to have a system that could accommodate his vision of the field. That is one really big thing that we continue to talk about even now.”

Even now, as Trinity continues to develop premier quarterback talent like current junior Travis Wright, defending state 6A champion quarterback.

“In some ways he breaks the mold,” said Coverdale. “Travis throws a real catchable ball. And he is really athletic, too. We give him a lot of pictures of Drew Brees.”

Breaking a mold is what Coverdale has done as a coach. He had a passion for the game at a young age and turned it into a vocation; a vocation that has touched many through his work at clinics, his books and his work on the field.

It is a legacy rooted in fundamentals as much as it is in the talent he has developed.
Old 04-22-19, 05:57 PM
All Yappi

The Specht-Coverdale relationship stems from the Shamrock-Bomber series that went from 2007-2012 and then developed through USA Football.

Welcome to Bomber Nation Coach Coverdale!

GO X!!
Old 04-22-19, 06:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
2019 Roster
QB: *Wyatt Hudepohl, *Matt Rueve, Liam Clifford, Brogan McCaughey, Jack Wyche, Ryan Nolan, Max Klare, Brennan Bareswilt
RB: *Kellen Newman, *Ben Bracken, Luke Vrsansky
WR: *Liam Clifford, *Marshall Lang, *Drew Maier, Jack Cook, Justin Wittrock, Lucas Cates, Jalen Patterson, Elijah Jordan, Andrew Britt, Elijah Kirk
OL: *Jack Kirby, *Paris Johnson, *Gio Albanese, *Nate Uhl, Jake Sizemore, Jackson Wassler, Cameron Collins, Brian Parker, Jack Renneker, Matt Prophater
*varsity experience
Let's look at the pieces Coach Coverdale has to plug into his high powered offense.

It starts up front with the FOOLS and there will be no shortage of talent there - returning are seniors Paris Johnson (Ohio State) and Jack Kirby (Penn) along with the big juniors (Sizemore and Wassler) and ultra talented big bodied sophomores Collins, Parker and Renneker Those 7 will allow Uhl and Albanese to move back to the DLine which was hit hard by graduation.

Now let's look at the receiver positions where Coach Coverdale can use the explosive Liam Clifford as the next James Quick. With the graduation of Jared Kreimer, Liam will be the big play wideout and I expect Clifford to see some action in the Bomber defensive backfield

D1 prospect and big target senior Marshall Lang can move between tight end and wideout and fellow senior Drew Maier is a solid possession guy that will line up in the slot.

There is a ton of underclass receiver talent and who earns playing time at the X, Y and Z positions is anyone's guess. You've got Jack Cook, Justin Wittrock, Lucas Cates, Jalen Patterson, Elijah Jordan and Andrew Britt (former QB) all of whom saw significant minutes on the JV team last season and then Elijah Kirk who was the standout on the frosh team.

Returning running backs include hard running Kellen Newman and the traditional north south runner Ben Bracken. I would not be surprised to see 160 pound sophomore Luke Vrsansky earn the bulk of the carries as Bomber coaches have likened him to a mix between Sollman (1993 state runner up) and Cionni (2005 state champ). Unsubstantiated rumors have Newman not back this year to concentrate on track.

And on to the QB position, Coach Coverdale's bread and butter.
No shortage of talent here especially in the sophomore class.....Brogan McCaughey, Jack Wyche, Ryan Nolan, Max Klare, Brennan Bareswilt
But the position is Wyatt Hudepohl's to lose as he has been working hard in the offseason when he is not on the mound.

Will Coach Coverdale want to convert Liam back to QB?
Will he want to bring Tucker back to the offense to help run the ball?

Time will tell, but one things for sure.
These are exciting times for StX on the offensive side of the ball.
Old 04-22-19, 09:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
2-3 sophomores earn significant varsity time each season
Past 10 years.....

Class of 2021: OL Gio Albanese, WR Liam Clifford
Class of 2020: OL Jack Kirby (Penn), OL Paris Johnson (Ohio State)
Class of 2019: LB Thomas Kiessling, WR Jared Kreimer (Holy Cross), Matt Mohn
Class of 2018: RB Cameron Specht (Dayton)
Class of 2017: QB Sean Clifford (Penn State), OL Matt Bockhorst (Clemson), WR Colton Paul (Ashland)
Class of 2015: NG Simeon Lane (Princeton), LB Cole Jones (Army/Indiana/Miami), RB Ben Glines (BC), LB Justin Hilliard (OSU)
Class of 2014: RB CJ Hilliard (Iowa) and WR/CB Ryan Frey
Class of 2013: WR Trey Kilgore (Michigan St), WR Kevin Milligan and LB Mark Jacob (Buffalo)
Class of 2012: DE Nate Gerbus (Miami OH), C Brandyn Cook (Miami OH), RB Conor Hundley (Akron)
Class of 2011: LB Steve Daniels (Boston College), LB Sean Duggan (Boston College), OL Jack Woodall
Next year's sophomore class has the real potential to have 6 players getting significant varsity playing time
3 on defense: DL Sam Buerkle (a bigger/badder version of his brother Jake), CB Marque Cunningham (played JV last year, great cover corner), LB Grant Lyons (6'1" 190lb as a frosh, classic Bomber LB with a nose for the ball)
3 on offense: C Brian Parker (6'4" 250lb steam roller ala Brandyn Cook), G Jack Renneker (excellent technique and footwork), RB Luke Vrsansky (a cross between Sollman and Cionni)
Old 04-22-19, 09:50 PM
All Yappi

The class of 2022 is probably the most loaded class since 2015 or maybe 2008
In addition to the 6 sophomores listed above there are others who could play pivotal roles.
One of the QBs in that class will likely backup Wyatt.
The best of the group are Jack Wyche, Brogan McGaughey and Max Klare
Tackle Cam Collins could compete however I look for one of the juniors (Wassler or Sizemore) to be the right tackle opposite Paris Johnson.
Old 04-22-19, 10:51 PM
Freshman

BomberX31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The class of 2022 is probably the most loaded class since 2015 or maybe 2008

In addition to the 6 sophomores listed above there are others who could play pivotal roles.

One of the QBs in that class will likely backup Wyatt.

The best of the group are Jack Wyche, Brogan McGaughey and Max Klare

Tackle Cam Collins could compete however I look for one of the juniors (Wassler or Sizemore) to be the right tackle opposite Paris Johnson.
Wow!
We actually got Coverdale??
This is gonna be fun!
Coach C has got to be as excited as we are; he's got a good mixture of experienced upperclassmen and at least 5 legit future Div 1 incoming sophomores to groom.

Not sure Vrsansky is an every-down back yet but if he puts on muscle over the summer, u never know.
Now add Clifford(stud), Maier, Lang, Jordan, Kirk, & Britt at wideouts, Coach C has to love the future at X.
Seems some of the 2023 Qs, although athletic, need to change positions(rumor has it a couple have moved already) since there won't be enough time, footballs nor do they all have potential to lead the varsity offense and they could be used elsewhere(i.e. DB, S and/or DE).
Maybe Clifford is willing to run the ball...he would b an high-school weapon in the back field.
Utopia is Wyatt is consistent & earns the respect in the locker room or Rueve steps-in & plays with confidence.
There are some holes to fill but they can be filled with more advanced athletes than what has been around the past 3-4 years.
The future is bright for Bomber nation!
No pressure Coach Specht & Coach Coverdale
LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by BomberX31; 04-27-19 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-24-19, 07:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberX31 View Post
Wow!
We actually got Coverdale??
This is gonna be fun!
This is big off season news.
The offense has underperformed for some time
Having an established OC that oversees the entire offense rather than the co-coordinator system (1 coach for the run game and another for the passing game) X had been using should improve the play calling.
Specht is giving Coverdale a lot of leeway to form his staff and implement his system.
Plus this will allow Specht to really hone in on the defense

Quote:
Coach C has got to be as excited as we are; he's got a good mixture of experienced upperclassmen and at least 5 legit future Div 1 incoming sophomores to groom.
The class of 2021 is probably the best in the past 10 years.
There is at least 1 top notch player at each position with impact players and D1 prospects.

QB: Brogan McCaughey: 6’1” 175lb played on JV last season
QB: Jack Wyche: grandson of former Bengals coach, may be the most talented in the group as he missed frosh year due to injury
QB: Ryan Nolan: 6’3” 170lb as frosh
QB: Max Klare: 6’3” 195lb as frosh
RB: Luke Vrsansky: just how good can this guy be?
WR: Elijah Kirk: most productive receiver in class, also a basketball standout
OL: Cameron Collins: will compete for the tackle spot opposite Johnson, 6’3” 210lb last season as a frosh
OL: Brian Parker: will be a 3 year varsity starter at center, 6’4” 248lb last season as a frosh
OL: Jack Renneker: has the best footwork and technique of the OLinemen in his class, will compete for guard spot opposite Kirby
OL: Matt Prophater: 5’11” 250lb as a frosh, probably a year away from varsity play
DL: Colin Poneris: 6’0” 190lb as a frosh, probably a year away from varsity PT
DL: Sam Buerkle: out of the 3 DLinemen in his class probably has the best shot at varsity time, Jake’s younger brother who is a handful
DL: LaVeall Trimble: 6’0” 200lb as a frosh, probably a year way from varsity PT
LB: Grant Lyons: 6’1” 190lbs as a frosh, will compete for a starting spot on varsity, classic Bomber LB with size/quickness and nose for the ball
DB: Ivan Anderson: played safety on JV last season, with the talent ahead of him probably still a year away from varsity
CB: Marque Cunningham played corner on JV last season, size/speed and a great cover corner, great shot to start on varsity as a sophomore

Quote:
If Hudepohl and Rueve sputter at all, Coach C will have a very athletic(Kreimer-like) & well-trained McCaughey to take the snaps infront of a strong but young O-lineman anchored by Paris.
Rueve is a good kid but after watching him last year especially in the final game vs Colerain I doubt he can lead the Bombers to their 4th state championship like Wyatt or some of the sophomores can. Hopefully Cliff really improves his route running and ability to get open downfield. But I agree with you they will get the ball in his hands frequently via direct snaps and sweeps.
Old 04-24-19, 07:57 AM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is big off season news.
The offense has underperformed for some time
Having an established OC that oversees the entire offense rather than the co-coordinator system (1 coach for the run game and another for the passing game) X had been using should improve the play calling.
Specht is giving Coverdale a lot of leeway to form his staff and implement his system.
Plus this will allow Specht to really hone in on the defense

The class of 2021 is probably the best in the past 10 years.
There is at least 1 top notch player at each position with impact players and D1 prospects.

QB: Brogan McCaughey: 6’1” 175lb played on JV last season
QB: Jack Wyche: grandson of former Bengals coach, may be the most talented in the group as he missed frosh year due to injury
QB: Ryan Nolan: 6’3” 170lb as frosh
QB: Max Klare: 6’3” 195lb as frosh
RB: Luke Vrsansky: just how good can this guy be?
WR: Elijah Kirk: most productive receiver in class, also a basketball standout
OL: Cameron Collins: will compete for the tackle spot opposite Johnson, 6’3” 210lb last season as a frosh
OL: Brian Parker: will be a 3 year varsity starter at center, 6’4” 248lb last season as a frosh
OL: Jack Renneker: has the best footwork and technique of the OLinemen in his class, will compete for guard spot opposite Kirby
OL: Matt Prophater: 5’11” 250lb as a frosh, probably a year away from varsity play
DL: Colin Poneris: 6’0” 190lb as a frosh, probably a year away from varsity PT
DL: Sam Buerkle: out of the 3 DLinemen in his class probably has the best shot at varsity time, Jake’s younger brother who is a handful
DL: LaVeall Trimble: 6’0” 200lb as a frosh, probably a year way from varsity PT
LB: Grant Lyons: 6’1” 190lbs as a frosh, will compete for a starting spot on varsity, classic Bomber LB with size/quickness and nose for the ball
DB: Ivan Anderson: played safety on JV last season, with the talent ahead of him probably still a year away from varsity
CB: Marque Cunningham played corner on JV last season, size/speed and a great cover corner, great shot to start on varsity as a sophomore

Rueve is a good kid but after watching him last year especially in the final game vs Colerain I doubt he can lead the Bombers to their 4th state championship like Wyatt or some of the sophomores can. Hopefully Cliff really improves his route running and ability to get open downfield. But I agree with you they will get the ball in his hands frequently via direct snaps and sweeps.
Ivan Anderson transferred to Moeller after 1st semester so he will not be there.
Old 04-24-19, 08:16 AM
Freshman

BomberX31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
Ivan Anderson transferred to Moeller after 1st semester so he will not be there.
Sorry to disagree but these are 2022 kids(not 2021).
Regardless, QB nor WR are positions to worry about at this time but who is running the ball(consistently) & who are filling two spots on O-line is what will be interesting...still the future is bright although I believe, 2021 & 2022 seasons are gonna be our real chances to win state;
Back to back!

Last edited by BomberX31; 04-27-19 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-24-19, 08:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Since when do kids leave X for the Evil Empire??
Old 04-24-19, 08:33 AM
All American

birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Since when do kids leave X for the Evil Empire??
As soon as they get a whiff of your expertise. GBM
Old 04-24-19, 08:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Sorry to disagree but these are 2022 kids(not 2021), Kirk doesn't play basketball, nolan has moved to CB & Wyche is probably the weakest of all Qs, nice kid, decent athlete but not a Q.
Regardless, QB nor WR are positions to worry about at this time but who is running the ball(consistently) & who are filling two spots on O-line is what will be interesting...still the future is bright although I believe, 2021 & 2022 seasons are gonna be our real chances to win state;
Back to back!

Got the date wrong but yes the sophomore to be class is the one (2022)
I don't know anything about the incoming frosh class (2023) but it's always exciting to attend the upcoming frosh camp to see the new class.
I don't follow the basketball teams but saw Kirk's name on the roster.
https://www.stxavier.org/athletics/t...tics-team-id/4
Good to hear Nolan is making the switch to corner....Wiles Dolle did the same thing last year and saw varsity action immediately.
Coverdale will bring a new attitude and work ethic to the offensive side that is sorely needed and we will see an offensive line reminiscent of the lines we had in the Bomber offense glory years (1997-2007)
Old 04-24-19, 08:34 AM
Varsity

BigLepowski is on a distinguished road
Eli Kirk was on the frosh hoops team, I believe in the rotation.
Hope the young QB's mature as stated above. But as we all saw with Hudepohl, the speed of the game and decision making requirements are much more challenging at the varsity level than at lower levels. Hoping for a big jump in that regard with Hudy this year along with a new OC to help with that development.
Old 04-24-19, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
As soon as they get a whiff of your expertise. GBM
Already in trolling form I see.
Must have been something seriously wrong with the kid.
How is the coaching staff coming along?
Old 04-24-19, 08:45 AM
All District

The big thing with the freshman linemen will be their strength more so than their size. Some of them are big and have potential but may struggle to make the varsity transition this year because they need to get stronger.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-19, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLepowski View Post
Eli Kirk was on the frosh hoops team, I believe in the rotation.
Hope the young QB's mature as stated above. But as we all saw with Hudepohl, the speed of the game and decision making requirements are much more challenging at the varsity level than at lower levels. Hoping for a big jump in that regard with Hudy this year along with a new OC to help with that development.
I thought so....as far as football goes Kirk's likely on JV this season with all the receiver talent in the 2 classes ahead of him......the seniors (Lang, Clifford, Maier, Cook, Wittrock) and juniors (Lucas Cates, Jalen Patterson, Elijah Jordan and Andrew Britt).

With Coverdale's help I think Hudy can pull it off. His game at LaSalle last year was near perfection. Granted it was LaSalle but he showed something. It was too bad the injury kept him out of the playoff game vs. Colerain. He threw a lot of pics last year (12 in 8 games).

I'm sure he's been standing on the mound this spring in front of 25 spectators (player's parents) wishing he was wearing a helmet on Ballaban field in front of several thousand Bomber fans.
Old 04-24-19, 08:59 AM
All Ohio

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
The challenge for the 2019 season is to significantly improve both the QB and offensive line play. The QB has to cut down on turnovers. He had 12 interceptions an 7-8 lost fumbles. Turnovers were the reason for the first Colerain loss and the Indy Cathedral loss.

There were too many plays last year where the offensive line didnt get a body on a defender. This resulted in a very weak running game, in spite of having a very solid RB in Chris Payne. In five of the losses the running game average 2 yards are less per carry.

Indy Cathedral 1.7
Colerain (1st game) 2.0
Moeller 1.1
Elder 2.0
Iggy 6.2 (but take away Paynes 93 yrd run and they carried 20 times for 37 yards or 1.85 yards per carry)

This performance puts more pressure on the QB who already struggles with decision making. He also faced a lot of pressure when passing, often having to throw on the run.

St X is never lacking for talent in it's football program. In the years that the team doesn't make a long run in the playoffs it is generally due to a lack of execution.

While it sounds like there are many talented sophomores, the success of the year's team will be based upon the performance of the juniors and seniors.
Old 04-24-19, 09:01 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The big thing with the freshman linemen will be their strength more so than their size. Some of them are big and have potential but may struggle to make the varsity transition this year because they need to get stronger.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Agreed
It's rare for a sophomore to play OLine on varsity.
I can recall 8 Bombers that were able to do it.
Gio Albanese, Jack Kirby, Paris Johnson, Matt Bockhorst, Brandyn Cook, Jack Woodall, Matt James and Kyle Ralph.
This class may have a couple.
Old 04-24-19, 09:34 AM
All American

Quote:
Already in trolling form I see.
Must have been something seriously wrong with the kid.
How is the coaching staff coming along?
I only troll when insulted.
Too bad you disparage one of your own.
Coaching staff will be fine, as will the team as a whole. GBM
Old 04-24-19, 06:58 PM
All Ohio

xman01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agreed
It's rare for a sophomore to play OLine on varsity.
I can recall 8 Bombers that were able to do it.
Gio Albanese, Jack Kirby, Paris Johnson, Matt Bockhorst, Brandyn Cook, Jack Woodall, Matt James and Kyle Ralph.
This class may have a couple.
Forgot Max Baumann, of the 05 and 07 state champs. Also captain Sr. Year.
Old 04-24-19, 08:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman01 View Post
Forgot Max Baumann, of the 05 and 07 state champs. Also captain Sr. Year.
Correct.
Also forgot the soon to be graduated Matt Mohn
Old 04-24-19, 08:21 PM
All Yappi

The local Louisville rag just reported Coverdale's departure from Trinity

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ti/3562795002/
Old 05-03-19, 03:00 PM
All District

wow https://twitter.com/BuckeyeEdits15/s...98601965330432

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-19, 06:36 PM
All Yappi

It's culture shock time Paris
Good luck
Old 05-03-19, 09:03 PM
All World

Blue Rhino is on a distinguished road
Coverdale? Damn....that's a good hire.

Paris.... no one is above the rules son.
Old 05-04-19, 12:25 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rhino View Post
Coverdale? Damn....that's a good hire.

Paris.... no one is above the rules son.
Both great decisions by Coach Specht.
Proud to be a supporter of the Bomber football program.
Coverdale's staff now in place and philosophy being infused.
Going to be an incredible season.
I can't wait for camp

GO X!
Old 05-04-19, 07:06 AM
All American

Quote:
Both great decisions by Coach Specht.
Proud to be a supporter of the Bomber football program.
Coverdale's staff now in place and philosophy being infused.
Going to be an incredible season.
I can't wait for camp

GO X!
You win some and you lose some. GBM
Old 05-04-19, 08:42 PM
All World

Blue Rhino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's culture shock time Paris
Good luck
I wish the young man well but he is going to regret passing on that St X diploma...that's a 70 year decision.
Old 05-05-19, 05:37 PM
All Yappi

Decisions based on ego rarely go well.