Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-08-19, 08:30 PM
Varsity

generalisimo is on a distinguished road
Louisville Football 2019

Now that the coaching dust has cleared,any thoughts or predictions on how the Leopards will fare this season? Does anyone have any information on the open date?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-19, 04:21 PM
Varsity

OldLep is on a distinguished road
New staff is coming together but still a lot of butt hurt people in the Ville. Should be interesting!! Ask the AD about open date I'm sure she is on top of it. I'm looking forward to see if this change works out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-19, 07:16 PM
Varsity

Old Lep,not a fan of our AD?
Old 02-09-19, 08:28 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
She is gaining her experience under fire. We will see if she is up to the task. Hopefully she is.
Old 02-10-19, 08:28 PM
Freshman

Independence, MO is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
She is gaining her experience under fire. We will see if she is up to the task. Hopefully she is.
My guess is she is up to the task I think she has proven that over and over again. great things coming for this Program.
Old 02-10-19, 08:42 PM
All District

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independence, MO View Post
My guess is she is up to the task I think she has proven that over and over again. great things coming for this Program.
Do you have any specific examples of how this has been proven over and over again?
Old 02-11-19, 09:09 AM
All District

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainA View Post
Do you have any specific examples of how this has been proven over and over again?

Yes, I agree please do tell us all the great things that have been accomplished.
Old 02-11-19, 09:57 AM
All District

TigerTailgater12 is on a distinguished road
It’s been fun watching the new coaching staff start beef on Twitter with The Massillon Fans. Should make week 9 more interesting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-19, 10:17 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTailgater12 View Post
It’s been fun watching the new coaching staff start beef on Twitter with The Massillon Fans. Should make week 9 more interesting ?

Enlighten us to who the staff members are you speak of.
Old 02-11-19, 10:22 AM
All Region

bodiaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independence, MO View Post
I doubt great things are coming to the program, unless they can find a viable league to join. Massillon is an anomaly when it comes to being an Independent, nearly all the other schools that are Indy are religious affiliated schools. I don't envision Louisville being able to thrive as an Independent like Massillon has been able to do for decades. Massillon can schedule 7 or 8 home games, teams for the most part teams want to play Massillon, and Massillon really has little care for its other programs outside of football, so it makes things less complicated for the AD. I doubt Louisville can schedule 7 or 8 home games in football, and Louisville very much thrives on its off sports in addition to football which creates issues with no league affiliation. I would say that not having a league to play in, has nearly doubled the strength of schedule that Louisville is playing in football, just in one year. Replacing the likes of Carrolton, Canton South, Minerva and Salem with Green, Lake, Perry and Massillon is going to make it tough to get in the playoffs.
Old 02-11-19, 11:17 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
One of the assistant coaches put some stuff up. No big deal, I kinda like the fact that these guys on the staff have a “not gonna back down attitude” , compared to the “I hope we can compete” attitude the last staff had. From what I’m hearing these guys on staff believe that this team should have won more games last year and will use our talent way more effective than what we’ve seen in the past. Your gonna see stuff (formations and plays) that the last staff would have never run.
Old 02-11-19, 11:31 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
One of the assistant coaches put some stuff up. No big deal, I kinda like the fact that these guys on the staff have a “not gonna back down attitude” , compared to the “I hope we can compete” attitude the last staff had. From what I’m hearing these guys on staff believe that this team should have won more games last year and will use our talent way more effective than what we’ve seen in the past. Your gonna see stuff (formations and plays) that the last staff would have never run.
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

shouldn't the new coaches at all the schools changing their head man have a guy come in that feels he can make the program better?

nothing to really see here that is out of ordinary - a new coach pumping up his new job and tiger fans up in their feelings - same as many years before on here same as many years to come....
Old 02-11-19, 01:11 PM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
A few of my thoughts,

Dan Patterson from Canton McKinley, former East Canton head coach is coming on staff. I have heard Jeff is having issues finding teaching spots in the districts for the coaches he wants.

He also talked about investing heavily into the weight room. Wants to raise some funds (heard six figures) to update the current equipment in the weight room.

Hopefully we see a more explosive offense and defense, and some of our better players playing both sides of the ball. Only time will tell.............

The new AD isn't the happiest person I have ever met.......
Old 02-11-19, 01:37 PM
All American

I am not part of the "inner circle". Who besides Patterson is on staff?
Old 02-11-19, 06:55 PM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
https://twitter.com/masstigers2019/s...733734912?s=21
Old 02-11-19, 09:00 PM
Varsity

Is the weight room in serious need of an upgrade or has it not been utilized properly" Or both ? I'm not in the know,just wondering.
Old 02-12-19, 09:24 AM
All American

Thanks chito. As was said, not a big deal but hopefully a better motivator will be found instead of getting stared down and having your azz kicked. Lesson to be learned there.
Old 02-12-19, 04:36 PM
All District

TigerTailgater12 is on a distinguished road

Old 02-12-19, 08:23 PM
Varsity

OldLep is on a distinguished road
Six figures for a weight room... smh. How about a new strength coach that can actually get kids in there. I get the rah rah coach but why talk smack to a team that just beat the tar off of you?? Talk on the field

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-19, 08:31 PM
All District

[QUOTE=OldLep;7252940]Six figures for a weight room... smh. How about a new strength coach that can actually get kids in there. I get the rah rah coach but why talk smack to a team that just beat the tar off of you?? Talk on the field

The smack talk is embarrassing and unbecoming to the community. The boys pads should do the talking on the field while playing some ball!!!
Old 02-13-19, 06:28 AM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
You would think that after the azz-beating they took last year after popping off that they might be a little more humble. Especially since they are coming into Paul Brown Tiger Stadium. Oh well. Same cockiness, same results. Maybe worse.
Old 02-13-19, 11:42 AM
All World

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Right again. Massillon > Louisville in 2019. Prob will take 2-3 seasons for L'ville to catch up.
Old 02-13-19, 12:22 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Right again. Massillon > Louisville in 2019. Prob will take 2-3 seasons for L'ville to catch up.
Or more.
Old 02-13-19, 12:34 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Or more.

Except, Louisville has scheduled Alliance for the 9th game in 2020-2021.
Old 02-13-19, 12:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Well that ends that, then. Reminds me when Dover thought they were all that. Decided that two years of an azz-whipping wasn't that attractive on the horizon.
Old 02-13-19, 03:20 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
So they'll get a beat down from Whiting and the gang instead. Last time Lil Vic got a hold of that DC that Conway Twiddy hired he put 611 rushing yards on em. Can't wait to watch the Aviators play some ball!!!
Old 02-13-19, 11:47 PM
All District

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainA View Post
So they'll get a beat down from Whiting and the gang instead. Last time Lil Vic got a hold of that DC that Conway Twiddy hired he put 611 rushing yards on em. Can't wait to watch the Aviators play some ball!!!
The Salem guy? Oh boy. Still remember That night very well when Duce broke the single game record
Old 02-14-19, 08:11 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
The Salem guy? Oh boy. Still remember That night very well when Duce broke the single game record
Yes the Salem fella that allowed the Aviators to put on that track meet. Felt like it coulda been worse. I'll never forget watching that record shattering ball!!!
Old 02-15-19, 09:03 AM
Varsity

Syrian Leopards is on a distinguished road
Massillon coaches can puff there chest out all they want, our freshman teams have beaten Massillon. We need keep playing Massillon. Alliance can’t compete with LOUISVILLE on a year in basis even if “Little Vic” is at the helm
Old 02-15-19, 09:15 AM
Junior Varsity

smittyRB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrian Leopards View Post
Massillon coaches can puff there chest out all they want, our freshman teams have beaten Massillon. We need keep playing Massillon. Alliance can’t compete with LOUISVILLE on a year in basis even if “Little Vic” is at the helm

Problem with this statement is that Massillons best players dont show up at their school until their Sophomore or Junior year.