Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Pick the winner of this game
McKinley (9-2) 25 37.88%
Mentor (10-1) 41 62.12%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-18, 06:43 PM
All Ohio

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetitdone View Post
Wow
I knew there was a lot of envy over the Massillon tradition. I didn't realize it went into the McKinely tradition as well
Yeah you clowns have a leg to stand on when it comes to McKinley and their arch rival. I am sure the entire USA coaching world would support you on that one.
Wow, just wow
Woody Hayes, Paul Brown, and Ara Parsegian might just all come back from the dead and feed him knuckle sandwiches.
Old 11-04-18, 06:47 PM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
I respect what Mentor is doing and think they are the trophy favourite...but some of you johhny come late-lies are ridiculous in your attempts to re write history...thats a lot of books to rewrite....
Old 11-04-18, 06:51 PM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
We have the NFL essentially because Canton beat Massillon for the County seat inthe 1870s we've been fighting at everything since...

Heck Michigan didnt make that big a deal over Toledo...
Old 11-04-18, 07:24 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
We have the NFL essentially because Canton beat Massillon for the County seat inthe 1870s we've been fighting at everything since...
Between the Massiloons and Iggy fans trolling with off topic trash - maybe McK-Mentor game could be discussed?

Massillon - you're D2 - stay in your lane (division)
Iggy - your season is over. See ya next year.

McK with a tall order vs Mentor. Pups will be a near perfect game (win turnover battle, fewer penalties, win special teams) to have a chance.
Old 11-04-18, 07:41 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
McKMeN V or McKinley vs Mentor #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
I respect what Mentor is doing and think they are the trophy favourite...but some of you johhny come late-lies are ridiculous in your attempts to re write history...thats a lot of books to rewrite....

People who live off history are usually not competing right now ...

I grew up a Yankees fan. I'd never be the lame type screaming 27 titles whenever they lose. Or that I've seen 5 titles when they lose .. That's what you guys sound like

Nobody is doubting your history. Or rewriting it. All I said is you guys won't play the big boys now. And you don't ... and living off 2 decades or more ago doesn't do anything for me either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-18, 09:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
People who live off history are usually not competing right now ...

I grew up a Yankees fan. I'd never be the lame type screaming 27 titles whenever they lose. Or that I've seen 5 titles when they lose .. That's what you guys sound like

Nobody is doubting your history. Or rewriting it. All I said is you guys won't play the big boys now. And you don't ... and living off 2 decades or more ago doesn't do anything for me either

I am sure you never lived in New York City, let alone played for the Yankees. You're just a typical frontrunner type of fan. The things you say about them are as meaningless as your observations of our great traditions.
Old 11-04-18, 09:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
I am sure you never lived in New York City, let alone played for the Yankees. You're just a typical frontrunner type of fan. The things you say about them are as meaningless as your observations of our great traditions.

My father and brother both did. My sister does now

I have Browns season tickets. So you can take that claim and stick it up your backside

But the bad part of their fanbase is exactly what you guys exhibit. Living off the past whenever you lose or get challenged on things.

McKinley isn't what they were 2 decades ago or before now. They also aren't bad like mentor in the late 90s. You guys can't claim to take on all challenges when you guys would schedule us then but dodge us and others now

Old 11-04-18, 09:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
My father and brother both did. My sister does now

I have Browns season tickets. So you can take that claim and stick it up your backside

But the bad part of their fanbase is exactly what you guys exhibit. Living off the past whenever you lose or get challenged on things.

Like I said, YOU never lived in New York and you're just another corn fed, Ohio boy frontrunner fan. You just proved it.

Perhaps you should just stick with the game at hand, because when you have to bring a pro baseball team into a Ohio high school football conversation to make a useless point about tradition,, you're rather obviously out of your depth.
Old 11-04-18, 09:42 PM
All Yappi

Cleveland Browns lifelong fans who are season ticket holders can never be called front runners.

My Yankees connections are there by family. Been since birth

It's a perfect comparison. You guys claim history whenever you lose. You live off the past because you guys aren't that program now. Its your crutch

It's also why you'd gladly play Mentor in the late 90s but avoid them now. The excuses of distance to travel didn't matter then. It's clear what you guys do now

Old 11-04-18, 09:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Between the Massiloons and Iggy fans trolling with off topic trash - maybe McK-Mentor game could be discussed?

Massillon - you're D2 - stay in your lane (division)
Iggy - your season is over. See ya next year.

McK with a tall order vs Mentor. Pups will be a near perfect game (win turnover battle, fewer penalties, win special teams) to have a chance.
You're a Massillon grad. What made you become a McKinley fan?
Old 11-04-18, 10:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Cleveland Browns lifelong fans who are season ticket holders can never be called front runners.

My Yankees connections are there by family. Been since birth

It's a perfect comparison. You guys claim history whenever you lose. You live off the past because you guys aren't that program now. Its your crutch

It's also why you'd gladly play Mentor in the late 90s but avoid them now. The excuses of distance to travel didn't matter then. It's clear what you guys do now

Your" personal" Yankee connection doesn't exist. You never lived in New York, nor did you play for them. You have a typical frontrunner syndrome in baseball. You have no direct connection to their tradition. And you can't personally appreciate it.

If you don't like our schedule, bring it up with our AD. Our kids aren't afraid of anyone.

This topic is about the game on Saturday. Try sticking to something you don't have a fake emotional connection to.
Old 11-04-18, 10:15 PM
All Yappi

Family traditions are passed down all the time. You don't have to live there full time to get them. You can be a fan of an out of state team from birth due to connections. I probably go to more Yankees games than many Indians fans locally go their games judging by the routinely bottom 3rd attendence. It's a great example.

You sidetrack to name calling with bs like frotnrunner (which you can't know cuz you don't know me ) because you know the criticism fits. You guys behave the same exact way as the bad parts of their fanbase do. You live off the past. Ignore that you aren't elite as a program anymore

And you make up stupid excuses like travel being too far. Well it wasn't too far to travel to get an easy win in the mid to late 90s

It's how you guys operate though. Should be scheduling big games with your size school and tradition. Instead you have 2 d4's out of your 4 non conference games

No point in talking to your ad when you guys are known to operate this way now

I'll bring up what I want when I want. If I have a problem with something I'll say it. Again take your advice and shove it

Old 11-04-18, 10:16 PM
Freshman

0U812 is on a distinguished road
My cousin and I try to take in a game or 2 every week anywhere in the state. We don’t really have a favorite. We just like to watch good HS football. This is a weird year for D1. Ed’s and Ignatius are down by their standards. Must of had a couple down recruiting classes. The big side of the GCL is soft as well. Colerain is good but nowhere near a world beater like 04’. The 2 best teams I’ve seen will face each other in the D2 semis when Hoban plays TCC. The TCC defense is lights out. I’ve never seen high school kids fly to the ball like that. A mini version of bama. Hoban is like a machine. We watched McKinley/Massillon and were impressed by both teams. The atmosphere at that game is unparalleled. Mentor is big, McKinley is fast. Massillon is big also and the bulldogs gave them all they could handle. That being said, Menter is 2 touchdowns better than Massillon. It’s high school football and anything can happen, but McKinley will have to play mistake free to keep it close.
Old 11-04-18, 10:19 PM
All Yappi

Eds is not down this year. They can play with and beat Mentor even if Mentor plays their A game

Old 11-04-18, 10:23 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Making assumptions again?
Old 11-04-18, 10:38 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:

If he really is a WHS grad, the Apocalypse is near.
Old 11-04-18, 10:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Making assumptions again?
I've met him before.
Old 11-04-18, 11:02 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Family traditions are passed down all the time. You don't have to live there full time to get them. You can be a fan of an out of state team from birth due to connections. I probably go to more Yankees games than many Indians fans locally go their games judging by the routinely bottom 3rd attendence. It's a great example.

You sidetrack to name calling with bs like frotnrunner (which you can't know cuz you don't know me ) because you know the criticism fits. You guys behave the same exact way as the bad parts of their fanbase do. You live off the past. Ignore that you aren't elite as a program anymore

And you make up stupid excuses like travel being too far. Well it wasn't too far to travel to get an easy win in the mid to late 90s

It's how you guys operate though. Should be scheduling big games with your size school and tradition. Instead you have 2 d4's out of your 4 non conference games

No point in talking to your ad when you guys are known to operate this way now

I'll bring up what I want when I want. If I have a problem with something I'll say it. Again take your advice and shove it

Wah wah wah! Ohio Yankees baseball frontrunner get your Wahoo on where you belong! I wish upsetting Mentor's team would be as easy as upsetting you, but I know it won't be.

Go Pups!
Old 11-04-18, 11:10 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
If he really is a WHS grad, the Apocalypse is near.
It's later than you think. ;-)
Old 11-04-18, 11:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Wah wah wah! Ohio Yankees baseball frontrunner get your Wahoo on where you belong! I wish upsetting Mentor's team would be as easy as upsetting you, but I know it won't be.

Go Pups!

Not upset at all. Keep living like it's 1998 while you try to justify dodging competition because you aren't the same program now. And hey if you lose just go back to the history crutch. It's what you guys do

Old 11-05-18, 12:07 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Not upset at all. Keep living like it's 1998 while you try to justify dodging competition because you aren't the same program now. And hey if you lose just go back to the history crutch. It's what you guys do

1998 ? You really are history challenged, aren't you? Are you sure you actually graduated, or is that fake, too? When was the last time Mentor played McKinley in the State Semi-final?
Old 11-05-18, 12:25 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0U812 View Post
My cousin and I try to take in a game or 2 every week anywhere in the state. We donít really have a favorite. We just like to watch good HS football. This is a weird year for D1. Edís and Ignatius are down by their standards. Must of had a couple down recruiting classes. The big side of the GCL is soft as well. Colerain is good but nowhere near a world beater like 04í. The 2 best teams Iíve seen will face each other in the D2 semis when Hoban plays TCC. The TCC defense is lights out. Iíve never seen high school kids fly to the ball like that. A mini version of bama. Hoban is like a machine. We watched McKinley/Massillon and were impressed by both teams. The atmosphere at that game is unparalleled. Mentor is big, McKinley is fast. Massillon is big also and the bulldogs gave them all they could handle. That being said, Menter is 2 touchdowns better than Massillon. Itís high school football and anything can happen, but McKinley will have to play mistake free to keep it close.
I think that most would agree with you. McKinley is very small and young compared to this Mentor team, and let's face it. Mentor has THREE D1 lineman. It's like David vs Goliath.
Old 11-05-18, 02:05 AM
All District

spyros1950 is on a distinguished road
MentorGrad2002 wrote: "Not upset at all. Keep living like it's 1998 while you try to justify dodging competition because you aren't the same program now. And hey if you lose just go back to the history crutch. It's what you guys do"
------------------------------------------

Here is what you can do:

1. Call the following phone number and ask for Greg Malone, the Canton McKinley High School Athletic Director, at 330-438-2750 ext 104, OR

2. send him an email at malone_g@ccdistrict.org

Please share with him your complaints about the McKinley football schedule. He is a nice guy and I am sure he would love to hear from you.

Good luck to all... Go Pups!.... Go Tigers!... sam McK'68
Old 11-05-18, 02:15 AM
All District

spyros1950 is on a distinguished road
JJBulldog wrote "I think that most would agree with you. McKinley is very small and young compared to this Mentor team, and let's face it. Mentor has THREE D1 lineman. It's like David vs Goliath."
----------------------------

JJ, Just as info, i was watching TV Channel 3 NBC in Cleveland tonight, and they ran a sports story on two of these lineman - one was their Offensive Left Tackle, and the other was their Defensive End. Both have committed to Ohio State to continue their careers. Their Coach Triv was very happy for them and looked forward to them playing at Ohio State. They seemed like good kids from their interview.

Starting NEXT year I will have to root for them!

Good luck to all... Go Pups!....Go Tigers!... sam McK'68
Old 11-05-18, 04:58 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
1998 ? You really are history challenged, aren't you? Are you sure you actually graduated, or is that fake, too? When was the last time Mentor played McKinley in the State Semi-final?

2006. Even then you guys weren't the powerhouse you were in the 90s. Very solid team but not late 90s great. Now you've regressed back further

But you guys still act like you are some powerhouse. Then when you lose or are challenged, you cite your history. Has happened a lot in this thread

Nobody challenged your history. Nobody said Mentor compares because we don't. Our 70s-90s were awful. I lived the latter half since birth. You guys have come back to the pack but have not been pathetic like that for a sustained amount of time

Which is why I'm arguing on playing the games. Wouldn't be doing so if you were a joke program as we were in that time

But you guys would play us then and won't play us now which says a lot ...

Last edited by MentorGrad2002; 11-05-18 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-05-18, 05:02 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyros1950 View Post
MentorGrad2002 wrote: "Not upset at all. Keep living like it's 1998 while you try to justify dodging competition because you aren't the same program now. And hey if you lose just go back to the history crutch. It's what you guys do"

------------------------------------------

Here is what you can do:

1. Call the following phone number and ask for Greg Malone, the Canton McKinley High School Athletic Director, at 330-438-2750 ext 104, OR

2. send him an email at malone_g@ccdistrict.org

Please share with him your complaints about the McKinley football schedule. He is a nice guy and I am sure he would love to hear from you.

Good luck to all... Go Pups!.... Go Tigers!... sam McK'68

I'm not an AD. The big powers in D1 have tried to schedule you guys for years and you won't play the game. If you guys turn it down from paid decision makers at our schools, then they won't listen to a fan ...

The bottom line is McKinley would play us when we were an easy win. They won't play us now. It's sad because big D1 teams should play. And you guys aren't bad like late 90s Mentor teams

Old 11-05-18, 05:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think that most would agree with you. McKinley is very small and young compared to this Mentor team, and let's face it. Mentor has THREE D1 lineman. It's like David vs Goliath.

It is indeed a rarity for us. Will probably never happen again. Mentor is a big favorite to advance but if we play bad we can lose. It isn't quite David vs Goliath as you guys are sandbagging or to be

I agree if Mentor plays their best , they'll win. But if Mentor plays their C game , McKinley can win And that's not an impossible outcome

Old 11-05-18, 05:39 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
2006. Even then you guys weren't the powerhouse you were in the 90s. Now you've regressed back even further

But you guys still act like you are some powerhouse. Then when you lose or are challenged, you cite your history. Has happened a lot in this thread

We were a freak accident away from another state championship,. The year before we went 10-0, were ranked 2nd, beat state runners up Massillon 38-8, and were upset by the Tigers in the playoffs. It's one reason I don't like seeing McKinley play anyone twice. If you beat them the first time, you can be overconfident and lose the second time. If you lose the first time, you can lose your seeding position. So only 12 yrs back, we came close to back-to- back state championships. Every single team in Ohio would be a drop off compared to the '97 McKinley team. The 05 and 06 teams were similar to the '98 State Champion.

Teams that don't win State Championships aren't big boys to you. What are you saying about your own school? You are a total idiot and an absolute embarrassment to Mentor .
Old 11-05-18, 05:44 AM
All Yappi

I never said you weren't a big boy. I wouldn't be wanting to schedule you if you weren't! My argument is these games should be played

You are an embarrassment to McKinley. See how easy that attack is ? You guys scheduling two D4 teams and avoiding any of the top Region 1 teams now is more embarrassing. But you'll schedule us when we are a punching bag .. now it's too far away to travel as if we moved to Maryland

Old 11-05-18, 05:50 AM
All Yappi

Once again , Mentor has been one of the best D1 programs over the last 15 plus years. We will never be McKinley or Massillon with overall history. That's mostly because we weren't lucky enough to be great during the poll era where reputation rather than play on the field were rewarded by the media. Titles were passed among 4-5 teams like candy and no way would any of those teams won in all those poll years. They'd be lucky to win half

But I never once argued to have more history. I'd just never live off past years in any sport