Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-06-18, 04:06 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
I think Milton just had a good night. Valley View will bring them back to earth.
Old 10-07-18, 10:35 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Surprise!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
I think Franklin will surprise someone yet this year.
I think the 'Cats Surprised the Spartans and if they play with the same intensity they will win out! The defense was delivering some amazing hits ! Centers and Creech played possessed. The offense looked like their timing has come together. Russell made 2 great catches.
Old 10-07-18, 11:10 AM
All Yappi

Yep. Franklin is dangerous
Old 10-09-18, 11:15 AM
All District

LLJJ is on a distinguished road
xxxx
Old 10-09-18, 01:30 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Franklin Wildcats

Franklin bringing pieces together after 0-3 start

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...HOVmmt8r7eXeJ/
Old 10-09-18, 04:02 PM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Brookville 6-1 @ bellbrook 7-0

Bellbrook defense will slow brookville down , don’t see the blue devils having enough on offense to scare bb, brookville defense may step up and make it a game for awhile. I think bb pulls away in 2nd half
Prediction
Something like ;

Bb 28
Brookville 10
Old 10-09-18, 04:54 PM
All District

NewBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Franklin bringing pieces together after 0-3 start

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...HOVmmt8r7eXeJ/
Too funny ...they have won 3 of 4 because they beat 3 powerhouses ...Monroe , Preble Shawnee and the worst VV team I have seen in ages ....but ...the coach has to spin it ..I get it
.Actually the coaching has been weak as water ...they do have some good players ...they just don't coach them up at all...They will easily beat an o and 7 Eaton team ...or should ...Brookville with be a toss up and they should beat a poor Oakwood team on Sr night at home ...end up 5 and 5 or 6 and 4 ....they put all their eggs in next years basket and thru away this year by doing so...they should have been 7/3 or even 8/2...didn't beat anyone with a pulse..
Old 10-09-18, 04:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfootball92 View Post
Brookville 6-1 @ bellbrook 7-0

Bellbrook defense will slow brookville down , donít see the blue devils having enough on offense to scare bb, brookville defense may step up and make it a game for awhile. I think bb pulls away in 2nd half
Prediction
Something like ;

Bb 28
Brookville 10
Bellbrook 35
Brookville 24

Hetrick is a great coach.
Old 10-09-18, 08:50 PM
All Region

nobodyís scored 24 all year on us , brookville wonít be the first. It will be similar to last year and they donít have Whalen or anything near him , weíre improved .
Vv had a garbage td at end of game to give them 21. Franklin is your best idea , have you lost to them 17 and that was all in last 5 min of 2nd quarter none before or after
Old 10-09-18, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
nobodyís scored 24 all year on us , brookville wonít be the first. It will be similar to last year and they donít have Whalen or anything near him , weíre improved .
Vv had a garbage td at end of game to give them 21. Franklin is your best idea , have you lost to them 17 and that was all in last 5 min of 2nd quarter none before or after
Doesn't matter what I think. It only matters what the kids believe. I'm just a hack on here guessing.
Old 10-10-18, 10:44 AM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
In year's past, Brookville typically gives BB a good game. Even on years when it didn't look like it would be close, it was a good game. I expect a lower scoring, Bellbrook win. Something like:

Bellbrook 21
Brookville 14
Old 10-10-18, 12:16 PM
All Region

49-14 last year . Yea real close
Old 10-10-18, 02:05 PM
All World

Quote:
49-14 last year . Yea real close
You know what I'm saying. Maybe not last year, or every year, but that game has been pretty competitive a majority of the time.

2016: Bellbrook (7-3) 20 Brookville (5-6) 14 OT
2015: Brookville (12-1) 42 Bellbrook (5-5) 13
2014: Bellbrook (8-4) 17 Brookville (5-5) 14
2013: Bellbrook (4-6) 17 Brookville (5-5) 3

So in the past 5 seasons it's been a close game with the exception of last year or 2015 when Brookville beat Bellbrook badly. Don't get me wrong, I think Bellbrook wins this game and Brookville hasn't been challenged to date. I just wouldn't be shocked for it to be a lower scoring, closer final outcome, than many might imagine.
Old 10-10-18, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

Bellbrook hasn't been dominating since the early 2000s.
Brookville has been pretty consistent over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_dc_atc View Post
You know what I'm saying. Maybe not last year, or every year, but that game has been pretty competitive a majority of the time.

2016: Bellbrook (7-3) 20 Brookville (5-6) 14 OT
2015: Brookville (12-1) 42 Bellbrook (5-5) 13
2014: Bellbrook (8-4) 17 Brookville (5-5) 14
2013: Bellbrook (4-6) 17 Brookville (5-5) 3

So in the past 5 seasons it's been a close game with the exception of last year or 2015 when Brookville beat Bellbrook badly. Don't get me wrong, I think Bellbrook wins this game and Brookville hasn't been challenged to date. I just wouldn't be shocked for it to be a lower scoring, closer final outcome, than many might imagine.
Old 10-10-18, 02:47 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
I was at the Monroe/Brookville game last week and I have to be honest I was not impressed by Brookville. Monroe took their first two drives inside the 10, went for it on fourth down and then had a fg blocked and didn't score. The halftime score was 7-7, but I personally felt like Monroe was winning the game. I left at halftime, so I didn't how they played, but my guess is winning 21-13 it was simply a battle of attrition. Monroe was sucking wind in the first half, it seems like everybody plays both ways and on special teams. I look for Bellbrook to put a pretty good thumping on Brookville. I agree Hetrick is a great coach, but that only goes so far. I would guess the score will be very similar to last year, with Bellbrook winning by 4 or 5 touchdowns.
Old 10-10-18, 03:06 PM
All Region

Old 10-10-18, 03:26 PM
All Region

Quote:
Bellbrook hasn't been dominating since the early 2000s.
Brookville has been pretty consistent over the years.
Bless let’s not leave out last years game

@ brookville 41-7 bellbrook win . They had a stud at in Whalen . Their coach is good but he won’t get them out of this .

It’s funny to me how all offseason I said in here we were going to win league and got no love from no one. Then to date we’ve done just that including winning at tipp which no one thought would happen but bellbrook fans . Yea I get we’re not a Powerhouse undefeated team but damn when valley view or franklin go unbeaten or even 7-3 - 8-2 their the best thing since sliced bread . Just saying what I’ve saw and read all year .

Literally every game there’s a knock .

If brookville barely slid past a Monroe team that’s terrible what in the world do u think is going to happen when they go to bellbrook?

Consistent over the years has gotten them a 3-11 record against bellbrook since 2005
Lol so you saying bb hasn’t been dominate since early 2000’s and brookville has been consistent does nothing for your case

2 of the 3 years that brookville beat bb was undefeated seasons , 2 of them , it took 2 of their “best ever teams” to get wins against bellbrook who at the time was inconsistent lol.

Again since 2005-present brookville is 3-11 against bellbrook .
Their coach is good but bellbrooks numbers always play a role in this game , they have to much depth , not just this year , vastly almost every year.

Show some love people
Old 10-10-18, 03:29 PM
All Region

And yes I get everyone has opinions and I do my very best to respect them all especially all you guys on here that are consistent , just can’t help to feal like we don’t get the love over here on this end of town that other teams do year in and out on this thread .
Old 10-10-18, 03:33 PM
All Region

Quote:
Doesn't matter what I think. It only matters what the kids believe. I'm just a hack on here guessing.
I agree . Arenít we all ? Lol
Good luck to Milton Friday night
Old 10-10-18, 03:43 PM
All Region

Besides vv last year and franklin the year before our league hasn’t seen a lot of truly dominate teams , you have to go back to Eaton 2010 then the Milton team 12

I think the 06 and 07 Milton teams were great but they had close calls and even bad loses

So I guess my point is there are still 8-2 to 10-0 teams that aren’t necessarily dominate but they get the job done an credit is givin .
Old 10-10-18, 05:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I agree . Arenít we all ? Lol
Good luck to Milton Friday night
Gotcha. My opinion is that some don't give Bellbrook credit due to their size. I've always respected Bellbrook. Back in my days we were always challenged by the G Eagles.
Brookville and Milton don't like each other and that goes back to the 60s.
Old 10-11-18, 06:48 AM
All District

thebig1 is on a distinguished road
Monroe dominated the game against Brookville. Just couldn't finish in the red zone to put up a couple more scores. Brookville hurt them on a couple long play action passes. Coaching staff seems to have things figured out, experiment with the wing t is over and the defense seems to be clicking. Although they have a lot of guys playing both ways, I think they are playing much better. Bellbrook will win by a couple scores, but Brookville is a solid team. I think the Hornets win on the road this week against Oakwood by 3 or 4 scores.
Old 10-11-18, 09:30 AM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebig1 View Post
I think the Hornets win on the road this week against Oakwood by 3 or 4 scores.
I agree, but I still don't think Monroe is a very good. They have improved and they have few guys that are solid players. I think Oesterman, Rice, and Tracy could play for anybody in the league. In fact I think Oesterman would be the best QB in the league on any other team and still might be even on Monroe, which I think says a lot about the talent surrounding him and the 1-6 record.
Old 10-11-18, 09:33 AM
Freshman

InsideTheArmor is on a distinguished road
Bellbrook definitely the team to beat. Franklin has the chance to be dangerous. Good luck to all in the playoffs.
Old 10-11-18, 09:54 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Madison-Northridge

'Silent killer' Phelps thriving for unbeaten Madison as trip to Northridge looms

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...k4vHM5XWEo3pI/
Old 10-11-18, 05:18 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Yep. Franklin is dangerous
Uh, have said from day one, Franklin is a good team with a lot good players.
Old 10-11-18, 05:23 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I agree, but I still don't think Monroe is a very good. They have improved and they have few guys that are solid players. I think Oesterman, Rice, and Tracy could play for anybody in the league. In fact I think Oesterman would be the best QB in the league on any other team and still might be even on Monroe, which I think says a lot about the talent surrounding him and the 1-6 record.
Uh the Monroe QB is a really good player on a bad team. Rice is also very good.
Old 10-11-18, 08:13 PM
All World

Quote:
Bless let’s not leave out last years game

@ brookville 41-7 bellbrook win . They had a stud at in Whalen . Their coach is good but he won’t get them out of this .

It’s funny to me how all offseason I said in here we were going to win league and got no love from no one. Then to date we’ve done just that including winning at tipp which no one thought would happen but bellbrook fans . Yea I get we’re not a Powerhouse undefeated team but damn when valley view or franklin go unbeaten or even 7-3 - 8-2 their the best thing since sliced bread . Just saying what I’ve saw and read all year .

Literally every game there’s a knock .

If brookville barely slid past a Monroe team that’s terrible what in the world do u think is going to happen when they go to bellbrook?

Consistent over the years has gotten them a 3-11 record against bellbrook since 2005
Lol so you saying bb hasn’t been dominate since early 2000’s and brookville has been consistent does nothing for your case

2 of the 3 years that brookville beat bb was undefeated seasons , 2 of them , it took 2 of their “best ever teams” to get wins against bellbrook who at the time was inconsistent lol.

Again since 2005-present brookville is 3-11 against bellbrook .
Their coach is good but bellbrooks numbers always play a role in this game , they have to much depth , not just this year , vastly almost every year.

Show some love people
I’m not sure how me saying the Brookville vs Bellbrook game has been competitive over the past five years, but Bellbrook will win, but in lower scoring fashion, is a slight, but alright. I also pointed out last week that we know very little about Brookville in Week 7 as they haven’t been tested. I simply think this game has been a competitive matchup.
Old 10-11-18, 09:18 PM
All American

tonka is on a distinguished road
I think region 20 sets up for a Wheelersburg and Madison final. Although if current projections hold true, Madison would have a much more difficult path to reach the regional final.

CHCA, although down this season, has a history of winning playoff games year in and year out and would be a tough matchup for Madison. Last year Madison knocked off the Eagles by 1 TD but was trailing at the half. CHCA has a lot of speed and can spread the ball around. I am not sure if there line can slow down Madison but it would be a tough first round opponent.

After that, they could have to play West Portsmouth which would be a good second round matchup. I would favor Madison again but not an easy win. Then they would get Wheelersburg in the regional final.

I like Wheelersburg to repeat as champs this year. I think Madison's lack of strength of schedule and the idea that they are no longer an underdog will ultimately bite them this year. I really wish MU or even a team like Carlisle from last year were on their schedule to prep them for the post season a little more. It seems like a special group of seniors with lots of talent. I guess on the flip side, the benefit is they should be really healthy entering week 11.
Old 10-12-18, 07:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
I think region 20 sets up for a Wheelersburg and Madison final. Although if current projections hold true, Madison would have a much more difficult path to reach the regional final.

CHCA, although down this season, has a history of winning playoff games year in and year out and would be a tough matchup for Madison. Last year Madison knocked off the Eagles by 1 TD but was trailing at the half. CHCA has a lot of speed and can spread the ball around. I am not sure if there line can slow down Madison but it would be a tough first round opponent.

After that, they could have to play West Portsmouth which would be a good second round matchup. I would favor Madison again but not an easy win. Then they would get Wheelersburg in the regional final.

I like Wheelersburg to repeat as champs this year. I think Madison's lack of strength of schedule and the idea that they are no longer an underdog will ultimately bite them this year. I really wish MU or even a team like Carlisle from last year were on their schedule to prep them for the post season a little more. It seems like a special group of seniors with lots of talent. I guess on the flip side, the benefit is they should be really healthy entering week 11.
The whole SWBL is down this year. Madison and Bellbrook are the elite this year. Milton will be back to normal form next several years. Carlisle... Not sure what's going on there. Waynesville seems to be getting back to normal as well. Madison just has the athletes this year. Enjoy it.
Wheelersburg will be their toughest opponent if they get that far. Not sure who else in Region 20 is up to beating those two.