Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-28-18, 12:58 AM
All American

mrsimp06 is on a distinguished road
Winton Woods 2-8 I don't see the Warriors being able to stop potent offenses nor move the ball effectively. The Warriors lost a lot and will struggle to replace the top flight senior class.
Old 06-29-18, 08:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Julian and Ricky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat78 View Post
was hearing a princeton kid was transfering there. Whos the qb?
Yes I believe the DE from Princeton that has some big time offers is transferring to Moeller. The QB will likely be either McKenzie or Caudill with the possibility of Verdon playing in special situations.
Old 07-01-18, 05:19 AM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Greenville...4-6, maybe 5-5. I have hope they'll at least be competitive and scratch out some wins early against weak competition. We will see.
Old 07-10-18, 10:12 AM
Varsity

sscje is on a distinguished road
Pickerington North:
14-1 State Champs
11 players from last years team have moved on to the college level. with that being said, this years team has more overall talent and depth. I expect the Panther to roll this season.
Old 07-10-18, 01:10 PM
Varsity

Saltlife is on a distinguished road
I'd say pick north has as good a chance as anyone in the state. With the QB move in combined with a very strong receiving group I'd say the question will be how does the line do and come together. The defense will be stout as well. if the line becomes a solid unit I' would agree PN is a strong candidate. The region is the toughest by far in the state, You know the Dayton teams will have something then facing whoever comes out of the cinci region will be a bear. I imagine st X or Colerain. The state semi on this side of the bracket looks to be the best teams by far in the state for the foreseeable future.
Old 07-10-18, 01:32 PM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
Hilliard Davidson - Anywhere from 6-4 to 8-2. Expectations are not what they used to be.

They have a pretty rough schedule this year. They will be improved from last years 5-5 team but the improvements may not translate to many more wins this year.
To me it's going to come down to how they do in 4 games. I see 8-2 as the ceiling and you still have to go 2 -2 against these 4 very strong teams to accomplish that. Tough task especially when Davidson will be underdogs against all 4.However with that schedule, 6-4 will probably get them into the playoffs.

Hilliard Bradley - They have taken over the mantle of the best team in Hilliard.have won the last 2 against Davidson

Olentangy Liberty - They have beaten Davidson 3 of the last 4 games

Pickerington Central- Nuff said.

Dublin Coffman - They have won 4 of the last 6 against Davidson.

I almost always add Hilliard Darby as a tossup game but for whatever reason feel Davidson will win that one this year.

Upper Arlington will not be a walk in the park either but until UA actually beats Davidson,I'll chalk that up as a win.

The other 4 games against Grove City, Central Crossing,Marysville and Westland are sure wins.
Old 07-10-18, 04:29 PM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Alum View Post
Hilliard Davidson - Anywhere from 6-4 to 8-2. Expectations are not what they used to be.

They have a pretty rough schedule this year. They will be improved from last years 5-5 team but the improvements may not translate to many more wins this year.
To me it's going to come down to how they do in 4 games. I see 8-2 as the ceiling and you still have to go 2 -2 against these 4 very strong teams to accomplish that. Tough task especially when Davidson will be underdogs against all 4.However with that schedule, 6-4 will probably get them into the playoffs.

Hilliard Bradley - They have taken over the mantle of the best team in Hilliard.have won the last 2 against Davidson

Olentangy Liberty - They have beaten Davidson 3 of the last 4 games

Pickerington Central- Nuff said.

Dublin Coffman - They have won 4 of the last 6 against Davidson.

I almost always add Hilliard Darby as a tossup game but for whatever reason feel Davidson will win that one this year.

Upper Arlington will not be a walk in the park either but until UA actually beats Davidson,I'll chalk that up as a win.

The other 4 games against Grove City, Central Crossing,Marysville and Westland are sure wins.
Does Bradley have any high-profile transfers that you're aware of? The annual Darby-Davidson "grinder" may decide which team goes to the playoffs and which team stays at home. Hoping Darby can stay healthier this year.
Old 07-10-18, 05:45 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons86 View Post
Does Bradley have any high-profile transfers that you're aware of? The annual Darby-Davidson "grinder" may decide which team goes to the playoffs and which team stays at home. Hoping Darby can stay healthier this year.
Hey BG.

Not sure about Bradley transfers but you can bet they are working on it. Much respect to Darby.I root for them every game except one. I just feel Davidson wins the Grinder Bowl this year.
Davidson has to get better QB play this year.Too many bad pitches,bad reads and fumbles from the QB position (and the running backs at times) really hurt them last year.There was very little margin for error in 2017.I have never seen as many mental mistakes as I saw last year. I called it after last season that I think/hope Davidson turns to Christian Sweet at QB.He played DB last year.I believe he threw the ball a couple times with success and I know the kid is tough and fast.I know Brian White said before last season that the kid is a player. Not sure if Sweet will be the QB but he seems like the perfect QB for that system to me. We will see. Good luck to Darby this year.
Old 07-11-18, 05:28 AM
Varsity

pantherstat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hey BG.

Not sure about Bradley transfers but you can bet they are working on it. Much respect to Darby.I root for them every game except one. I just feel Davidson wins the Grinder Bowl this year.
Davidson has to get better QB play this year.Too many bad pitches,bad reads and fumbles from the QB position (and the running backs at times) really hurt them last year.There was very little margin for error in 2017.I have never seen as many mental mistakes as I saw last year. I called it after last season that I think/hope Davidson turns to Christian Sweet at QB.He played DB last year.I believe he threw the ball a couple times with success and I know the kid is tough and fast.I know Brian White said before last season that the kid is a player. Not sure if Sweet will be the QB but he seems like the perfect QB for that system to me. We will see. Good luck to Darby this year.
What about the Sanford kid at RB. Will he be in the starting backfield this year? I saw some real potential on the JV level last year. This kid has speed to burn.
Old 07-11-18, 09:31 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherstat View Post
What about the Sanford kid at RB. Will he be in the starting backfield this year? I saw some real potential on the JV level last year. This kid has speed to burn.
I did mot attend any JV games last year but I believe he played some mop up duty in varsity games against Westland and maybe Central Crossing.Davidson has pretty good depth at RB this year and in the future but I would expect to see alot of him.
Sorry as I do not know more. I used to have more "inside " information in years past but the little kids in the neighborhood who played for Davidson all grew up and are no longer there. Along with their parents who I do not see anymore,they were my information sources for awhile. That's something I miss.
Old 07-12-18, 06:23 AM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hey BG.

Good Luck to Davidson, as well... except in the Grinder Bowl. On a side note, Darby will be looking to record their 9th straight winning season.
Old 07-12-18, 11:41 AM
Varsity

sscje is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
I'd say pick north has as good a chance as anyone in the state. With the QB move in combined with a very strong receiving group I'd say the question will be how does the line do and come together. The defense will be stout as well. if the line becomes a solid unit I' would agree PN is a strong candidate. The region is the toughest by far in the state, You know the Dayton teams will have something then facing whoever comes out of the cinci region will be a bear. I imagine st X or Colerain. The state semi on this side of the bracket looks to be the best teams by far in the state for the foreseeable future.
Agreed Salty. I'm told by a couple of College level football writers that Pickerington North has the best HS receiving Corps in the State of Ohio this season. They are absolutely loaded and with this new QB throwing dimes, their offense should be almost unstoppable.
Old 07-12-18, 09:08 PM
Varsity

ohsnonline is on a distinguished road
I agree with KSM about Fremont Ross. Possibly 8 wins this year.

If everyone is healthy I see Springfield, Southview & Sandusky being wins this year.
Findlay at home will be an important game and defense must not allow a 55-49 type score (can't remember what it was last year0.
Central Catholic & Whitmer are probably too tough, but that's why you play the games.
I also wouldn't rule out Oregon Clay on the road as a possible stumbling block, but I think 8 wins would be remarkable for the Little Giants
Old 07-12-18, 09:12 PM
Varsity

ohsnonline is on a distinguished road
Oak Harbor (5-5 in 2017). This year: 7-3 or 6-4 MUST stay healthy at key positions
Week 1: Fostoria - I'll predict a win
Week 2: Genoa - I'll predict a loss
Week 3: Woodmore - Win
Week 4: Toledo Woodward - Win
Week 5: Sandusky Perkins - Win
Week 6: Vermilion - Win/toss-up. Only lost by 7 last year
Week 7: Huron - Toss-up but I'll go with loss
Week 8: Edison - Win
Week 9: Shelby - Loss
Week 10: Port Clinton - Win