Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win the Eastern Buckeye Conference?
Alliance 6 12.77%
Canton South 1 2.13%
Carrollton 1 2.13%
Marlington 31 65.96%
Minerva 2 4.26%
Salem 1 2.13%
West Branch 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-18, 03:45 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Eastern Buckeye Conference ( the beginning)

The NBC is gone, the EBC begins! Let's start with football this fall. Who's your pick? Who's the players to watch, any dark horse?
Alliance-
Salem-
Carrollton-
Marlington-
West Branch-like
Canton South-
Minerva-
Can the Lions turn things around?
Who wins the league?
( We all know Louisville is gone, some people are glad some are dissapointed, please let's not turn this into a Louisville post. Let's talk about the upcoming season).
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-18, 05:07 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
The NBC is gone, the EBC begins! Let's start with football this fall. Who's your pick? Who's the players to watch, any dark horse?
Alliance-
Salem-
Carrollton-
Marlington-
West Branch-like
Canton South-
Minerva-
Can the Lions turn things around?
Who wins the league?
( We all know Louisville is gone, some people are glad some are dissapointed, please let's not turn this into a Louisville post. Let's talk about the upcoming season).
I'll give it a shot

1- Marlington

2-West Branch

3-Alliance

4-Canton South

5-Salem

6-Carrollton

7-Minerva

You could flip West Branch/Alliance
I also think Minerva gets a win

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-18, 07:16 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
if I had to bet....week 10 matchup with Marlington vs Alliance decides the league

Carrollton will play spoiler to somebody
Old 05-30-18, 02:14 PM
All Ohio

peebles is on a distinguished road
Salem will lose a talented QB and receiver to graduation but still returns some decent team speed. It will be difficult to replace Davidson at QB. I'm not sure who is going to step up and take over the role of team leader. Track season has shown that there is still some young speed returning. Going to be a "wait and see" kind of season with some question marks. An improving Alliance squad along with Marlington should be pre-season favorites. After that it is a toss-up as to who finishes where in the middle of the pack with Minerva trailing the rest. Hopefully the Lions will see some improvement and wins this year. Does anybody have any insights on South? They are the team I usually know the least about. Late season losses devastated their playoff chances, and I was wondering how much they return from last season.

Last edited by peebles; 05-30-18 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-30-18, 03:47 PM
All World

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebles View Post
Salem will lose a talented QB and receiver to graduation but still returns some decent team speed. It will be difficult to replace Davidson at QB. I'm not sure who is going to step up and take over the role of team leader. Track season has shown that there is still some young speed returning. Going to be a "wait and see" kind of season with some question marks. An improving Alliance squad along with Marlington should be pre-season favorites. After that it is a toss-up as to who finishes where in the middle of the pack with Minerva trailing the rest. Hopefully the Lions will see some improvement and wins this year. Does anybody have any insights on South? They are the team I usually know the least about. Late season losses devastated their playoff chances, and I was wondering how much they return from last season.
You sure Salem's coach's kid won't be the team leader?

Just to stir the pot on the first game this coming season, Salem got handed a win by EP last season, it won't happen again this coming season. The D5 Dogs return almost everyone from last years 8-2 team, losses to the D4 Quackers and D4 Perry, just a thought. Current series with Salem and EP is 1-1, with just 8 points between the two teams in win or lose. Might be WKBN's game of the week again.

This is a series that should have always been played, Salem vs EP, use to be a huge rivalry, they were two of the largest schools in the county, fact is they still are.
Old 05-30-18, 06:56 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
You sure Salem's coach's kid won't be the team leader?

Just to stir the pot on the first game this coming season, Salem got handed a win by EP last season, it won't happen again this coming season. The D5 Dogs return almost everyone from last years 8-2 team, losses to the D4 Quackers and D4 Perry, just a thought. Current series with Salem and EP is 1-1, with just 8 points between the two teams in win or lose. Might be WKBN's game of the week again.

This is a series that should have always been played, Salem vs EP, use to be a huge rivalry, they were two of the largest schools in the county, fact is they still are.
Johnson will be one of the leaders, but they will also need that from a QB. Should be an interesting game this year; like you said, EP returns a lot and Salem loses key talent. Hopefully these county rivalries will continue to develop.
Old 05-31-18, 08:00 AM
All World

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebles View Post
Johnson will be one of the leaders, but they will also need that from a QB. Should be an interesting game this year; like you said, EP returns a lot and Salem loses key talent. Hopefully these county rivalries will continue to develop.
I'd like to see Columbiana play Salem, that would give the Quakers EP, United and Columbiana, all within the county and 15 to 20 minutes away with some good gate. With all districts experiencing declining enrollment, exception being those who recruit in this county, revival of the old county league in the next two decades might be in order.
Old 05-31-18, 10:14 AM
All Ohio

Maverick0425 is on a distinguished road
I don’t see Minerva going 0-10 again but I’ve been saying that the past 2 years. There is no doubt we have athletes in that school who, in the past, would have been in pads in the fall. All you need to do is look at the successes of the other athletic programs. The struggle is getting them out for the team. We have too much history and community investment in the program for this to continue much longer. I know we have some good young talent on the way up. I predict 3 wins with that total increasing every year over the next 3 years.
Old 05-31-18, 10:33 AM
All Region

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
"I'd like to see Columbiana play Salem, that would give the Quakers EP, United and Columbiana, all within the county and 15 to 20 minutes away with some good gate. With all districts experiencing declining enrollment, exception being those who recruit in this county, revival of the old county league in the next two decades might be in order."

Gates are overrated. Besides, Columbiana has a pretty stout OOC schedule already, but I get what your saying. I've heard they have picked up Manchester for 2019 and 2020 too.

"I donít see Minerva going 0-10 again but Iíve been saying that the past 2 years. There is no doubt we have athletes in that school who, in the past, would have been in pads in the fall. All you need to do is look at the successes of the other athletic programs. The struggle is getting them out for the team. We have too much history and community investment in the program for this to continue much longer. I know we have some good young talent on the way up. I predict 3 wins with that total increasing every year over the next 3 years."

Minerva could potentially win 2 of their OOC games. If so, they have hope of winning an EBC game. If they start 0-3 again though, they're in trouble.
Old 05-31-18, 11:17 AM
All American

Manchester is no slouch - I bet they would beat Salem most years. This may be a bad year to play the panthers as they have a couple fellas that can score it.

should be a good game vs Columbiana
Old 05-31-18, 12:57 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinahoodie View Post
Gates are overrated. Besides, Columbiana has a pretty stout OOC schedule already, but I get what your saying. I've heard they have picked up Manchester for 2019 and 2020 too.
Let's take our discussion to the EOAC thread, so we can not hijack this one.
Old 05-31-18, 01:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinahoodie View Post
Minerva could potentially win 2 of their OOC games. If so, they have hope of winning an EBC game. If they start 0-3 again though, they're in trouble.
Hoodie, the one thing I've been told is that the kids are hungry. I also know there have been some changes made in the program. One of the younger classes, I think the 10th graders have had success in football over the years. A good start is scheduling some weaker and/or smaller schools that are willing to play Minerva at the moment.
Old 05-31-18, 01:59 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0425 View Post
Hoodie, the one thing I've been told is that the kids are hungry. I also know there have been some changes made in the program. One of the younger classes, I think the 10th graders have had success in football over the years. A good start is scheduling some weaker and/or smaller schools that are willing to play Minerva at the moment.
As in a few weaker EOAC schools in the OOL. Minerva wouldn't want EP, United or Columbiana.
Old 05-31-18, 03:26 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
As in a few weaker EOAC schools in the OOL. Minerva wouldn't want EP, United or Columbiana.
Correct Bulldog. Your Bulldogs look to have a good year this year. We were a play away from beating Sandy Valley and United. Not that either of those 2 were regional finalists. But United had a good ball team last year in a very strong ITCL. We also missed a PAT that would have won the game against Carriollton who also had a decent ball team last year. We had issues finishing drives last year. The odds are in our favor to get a W after three consecutive 0-10 seasons
Old 05-31-18, 10:57 PM
All Region

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
I would expect the lions to secure 3 possibly 4 wins. The Dukes appear to be the favorite , but WB is stacked with numbers .Returning a school high 30 seniors and a extreamly talented incoming sophomore class . They are returning both starting offense and defense lines minus one graduated senior . The Warriors should make some noise this year .
Old 06-08-18, 12:57 PM
All Region

Best of luck Tj !!
http://www.the-review.com/sports/201...at-d1-football
Old 06-15-18, 12:58 PM
All Ohio

Not much chatter here. There were rumors that Alliance and Marlington may get peeled away. Any truth to it?
Old 06-15-18, 03:19 PM
All World

Quote:
Correct Bulldog. Your Bulldogs look to have a good year this year. We were a play away from beating Sandy Valley and United. Not that either of those 2 were regional finalists. But United had a good ball team last year in a very strong ITCL. We also missed a PAT that would have won the game against Carriollton who also had a decent ball team last year. We had issues finishing drives last year. The odds are in our favor to get a W after three consecutive 0-10 seasons
Not to diss or cause controversy, but EP would have scored 40+ plus on Minerva, if not more. Salem got a "gimme" last season with EP. Dogs outplayed the Quackers the whole game.
Old 06-16-18, 10:03 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Not to diss or cause controversy, but EP would have scored 40+ plus on Minerva, if not more. Salem got a "gimme" last season with EP. Dogs outplayed the Quackers the whole game.
I canít think of any other reason for this post other than ďto diss or cause controversyĒ so call it what it is. If itís not your purpose, then why say anything at all? Iíd recommend you take your garbage somewhere else or find something better to do with your time.
Old 06-16-18, 08:34 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I canít think of any other reason for this post other than ďto diss or cause controversyĒ so call it what it is. If itís not your purpose, then why say anything at all? Iíd recommend you take your garbage somewhere else or find something better to do with your time.
Makes no sense why he would come on here and brag about how they would beat a team that hasn't won a game in 3 yrs. Minerva's schedule is 10 times harder than EP. Ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-18, 05:33 AM
All World

Quote:
You agreed with the "garbage" a few posts ago.
Old 06-18-18, 02:15 PM
Junior Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not much chatter here. There were rumors that Alliance and Marlington may get peeled away. Any truth to it?
??????
Old 06-18-18, 02:16 PM
Junior Varsity

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
I would expect the lions to secure 3 possibly 4 wins. The Dukes appear to be the favorite , but WB is stacked with numbers .Returning a school high 30 seniors and a extreamly talented incoming sophomore class . They are returning both starting offense and defense lines minus one graduated senior . The Warriors should make some noise this year .
Who will be looking to fill the shoes of DeShields at QB?
Old 06-18-18, 03:13 PM
All Region

I believe there are 2 gunning for that position . JR Justin Goode who was the JV qb last year along with Soph Brock Hillyer who had some impressive stats as a freshman . Both are quality young men , but I have heard the Soph is far more versatile an processes the running skills of his older sibling. Trae Hillyer who set the new rushing and Td records at Wb in 2015. Time will tell I guess .
Old 06-18-18, 04:23 PM
Varsity

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
So I’m pretty sure everyone expected Duce Johnson to be the player of the year coming into the season last year... so who is that guy this year..best players we saw last year...I’m biased but there are a couple kids from Marlington that have the ability to put up big time numbers this fall in WR Blane Hemmelheber and QB Cj Greiner...it should be a solid season for the Dukes
Old 06-18-18, 05:24 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
So I’m pretty sure everyone expected Duce Johnson to be the player of the year coming into the season last year... so who is that guy this year..best players we saw last year...I’m biased but there are a couple kids from Marlington that have the ability to put up big time numbers this fall in WR Blane Hemmelheber and QB Cj Greiner...it should be a solid season for the Dukes
Both are Talented skilled players,
The kid that sticks out in my mind at the non-skilled position is Wb's Jake Lyons. That boy was a force to recon with last year . I don't feel like I'm being biased with him anyone who has see him play knows he gives 110 % .

Last edited by warrior333; 06-18-18 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-18-18, 06:23 PM
All American

South had a big WR that I heard wants to be a QB

This young man has the size and speed - he could have a season at either qb or wr
Old 06-18-18, 07:07 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post

This young man has the size and speed - he could have a season at either qb or wr
Did South's Qb graduate ? Did there RB go on to the next level or was that 2 years ago they had the impressive tailback?
Old 06-19-18, 05:32 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post

I wondered what South had coming back this year. They had a great shot at the playoffs last year until they lost their last three games. I thought they would win a couple of those and shut Salem out of the post season.
Old 06-20-18, 02:16 PM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Minerva has United in week 1 so I guess we can find out. Last year the Eagles beat the lions by 1 score. it's good to have that game on again, it's gong to be a nice rivalry.