Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-24-18, 09:39 AM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Was told the BOE is reluctant to hire a first year coach and will renew JD with conditions. Hope one of them is a new DC.
Old 01-24-18, 10:27 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
What Iím hearing is that the board and administration know damn well he canít do the job. The reluctance from both sides is that their scared to make a move because they donít want backlash from the teachers thinking that a coaching change will be viewed as ďretaliationĒ against the teachers from the strike. So it looks like the kids and the programs arenít as important as keeping these folks happy with the status quo.
Old 01-24-18, 10:46 AM
All American

That's disappointing. I was hoping the two new members of the board would give them some balls.
Old 01-24-18, 11:06 AM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
2018 schedule looks the same as it did a month ago unless something isn't posted yet. Open weeks of 6-7-8 are getting thin on options in NE Ohio. I'll insert some options of who I think may schedule us those weeks without going to Columbus.

1) Canfield
2) open (will be Hoover)
3) Green
4) Lake
5) Perry
6) open ( Ellet-St.V-Walsh-Ursuline) Mentor Lake Catholic open but 2+ hrs
7) open ( Hoban-St.V-Mooney-Ursuline) again Mentor LC
8) open ( Buchtel-St.V-N.D.C.L-Walsh)
9) Massillon
10) CCC

There are a few others like VASJ that are open and may put us on, but short of what I have listed your looking to really travel. Hoover isn't posted week 2 yet, and their open fed week is 8, but their locked in with Hartley and I don't see how they would get out of it. GlenOak is also open 7 but I would think if that was going to happen it would already be done. Who knows what they are thinking. I'll go ahead and throw Hoban out week 7. Walsh and Ursuline should seriously be considered, both were 2-8 last year playing a touger schedule than ours.
Maybe see if Hoover will play you in their FLC "bye week" (if it is week 6-7-8, I don't know) and then slip another team into the Week 2 slot? It is easier to find games those early weeks before the league games start.
Old 01-24-18, 11:20 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
It is week 9 and they already have Hartley on the schedule.
Old 01-24-18, 11:31 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What Iím hearing is that the board and administration know damn well he canít do the job. The reluctance from both sides is that their scared to make a move because they donít want backlash from the teachers thinking that a coaching change will be viewed as ďretaliationĒ against the teachers from the strike. So it looks like the kids and the programs arenít as important as keeping these folks happy with the status quo.

Why am I not surprised by this? Cowards.
Old 01-24-18, 12:48 PM
All District

BACisBack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Was told the BOE is reluctant to hire a first year coach and will renew JD with conditions. Hope one of them is a new DC.
How was the first year coach they were going to hire?
Old 01-24-18, 02:02 PM
All American

I got the impression they thought that would be all that was available. Weak excuse.
Old 01-24-18, 03:55 PM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
ok maybe I am out of any reasonable loop but I have to ask.

Has anyone in an official capacity of Louisville talked with anyone in an official capacity at New Philly & Dover? and CCC?

There is 3 schools that are indy or facing an indy slate. I mean that could take the place of 8, 9, 10? The Federal League has a floating bye week.

If the Leps are adding Green, Lake, and Perry to NC then why not two years ago try to mesh these games up with those weeks. Massillon has flexibility with their openings.

Filling Fed games in to the first 3 weeks would be foolish knowing they have the floating bye week and killing the chance of finding new opponents.

IF things are happening and just not announced then ok, but really this is a bad show if the claim is they can't find anything now. What the heck is going on there!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-18, 04:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
ok maybe I am out of any reasonable loop but I have to ask.

Has anyone in an official capacity of Louisville talked with anyone in an official capacity at New Philly & Dover? and CCC?

There is 3 schools that are indy or facing an indy slate. I mean that could take the place of 8, 9, 10? The Federal League has a floating bye week.

If the Leps are adding Green, Lake, and Perry to NC then why not two years ago try to mesh these games up with those weeks. Massillon has flexibility with their openings.

Filling Fed games in to the first 3 weeks would be foolish knowing they have the floating bye week and killing the chance of finding new opponents.

IF things are happening and just not announced then ok, but really this is a bad show if the claim is they can't find anything now. What the heck is going on there!!!!!!!
I wouldnít hold my breath that anybody in Louisville is trying to initiate the conversation on creating a league. We canít even seem to fill a schedule out. The new ad is under qualified for what we needed.
Old 01-25-18, 01:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
I'm pretty sure none of those weeks 6-8 are actually open for Walsh, NDCL, Lake Catholic, and Hoban. All 4 schools are in the NCL Blue Division along with Padua and Benedictine, so weeks 6-10 are league games for them. It's a good bet that Walsh is playing Lake Catholic week 6, Hoban is playing Lake Catholic week 7, and Walsh is playing NDCL week 8.
I agree. Other possibiities, although probably not favorable, but at this point the options are thin. A few DII & DIII schools Louisville could potentially play during those weeks:

Cleveland John Adams
Glenville
Cleveland Central Catholic
Cleveland John F. Kennedy
Columbus Bishop Watterson
Columbus Desales
Logan

There are a few more Cleveland schools, however not sure how attractive or appealing playing a Cleveland Collingwood or Cleveland East Technical team would fly in the Ville. A couple of Toledo and Dayton schools but positive our adminstration did/would avoid long travel situations. I'm thinking one of the schools I mentioned could end up on the schedule. Desire and wishful thinking are out of the question now if indeed these weeks are still actively being pursued. The Leps find themselves in desperation mode unless they have secretly, as suggested previously, already completed the schedule.
Old 01-25-18, 01:21 PM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I wouldnít hold my breath that anybody in Louisville is trying to initiate the conversation on creating a league. We canít even seem to fill a schedule out. The new ad is under qualified for what we needed.
I am pretty sure Todd Pugh is working on getting us into a new league, he said as much at board meeting last year.
Old 01-25-18, 01:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis43D View Post
I am pretty sure Todd Pugh is working on getting us into a new league, he said as much at board meeting last year.
Is this a blatant attempt to throw Todd under or over the bus?
Old 01-25-18, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
I agree. Other possibiities, although probably not favorable, but at this point the options are thin. A few DII & DIII schools Louisville could potentially play during those weeks:

Cleveland John Adams
Glenville
Cleveland Central Catholic
Cleveland John F. Kennedy
Columbus Bishop Watterson
Columbus Desales
Logan

There are a few more Cleveland schools, however not sure how attractive or appealing playing a Cleveland Collingwood or Cleveland East Technical team would fly in the Ville. A couple of Toledo and Dayton schools but positive our adminstration did/would avoid long travel situations. I'm thinking one of the schools I mentioned could end up on the schedule. Desire and wishful thinking are out of the question now if indeed these weeks are still actively being pursued. The Leps find themselves in desperation mode unless they have secretly, as suggested previously, already completed the schedule.
In reality, that list is probably smaller. Same thing as with the NCL schools. EagleFan and others have been unable to find the entire Cleveland Senate League schedule, so schools like John Adams, Glenville, JFK, Collinwood, and East Tech are more than likely not open in weeks 6-8. In looking at the Cleveland Senate League teams' schedules from last year on joeeitel.com, I found no evidence that any of them had to play out of league in weeks 4-10. Cleveland Central Catholic should be playing NCL White Division foes in weeks 6-10 (St. Thomas, Warren JFK, VASJ, Trinity, and Gilmour).

Keep on searching, and good luck with the quest to complete the 2018 schedule.
Old 01-25-18, 05:30 PM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
I reported a few weeks ago that things were in the works to get rid of Demarco from a source I heard from. However, the board thought they had enough voted to get him out but unfortunately some flipped sides including 2 of the newly appointed board members... so I guess we will be returning to some of our worst years of football ever over the next 2 years.

Very disappointing news to leps fans..
Old 01-25-18, 07:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man 54 View Post
I reported a few weeks ago that things were in the works to get rid of Demarco from a source I heard from. However, the board thought they had enough voted to get him out but unfortunately some flipped sides including 2 of the newly appointed board members... so I guess we will be returning to some of our worst years of football ever over the next 2 years.

Very disappointing news to leps fans..

Wrong times to have the wrong people in charge.
Old 01-26-18, 01:16 PM
All Ohio

hearing another boe meeting slated for next week
Old 01-28-18, 09:27 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
Is this a blatant attempt to throw Todd under or over the bus?
I am just repeating what he told the board at some of the meetings last year when a new league was a topic of conversation. I don't know if he is still working on it or not.

Allegedly Todd and Doc Thomas are working together to get a new coach as well. I have seen the letter that was sent the board, that included an action plan.
Old 01-28-18, 09:36 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
A specific new coach, or just not DeMarco?
Old 01-28-18, 11:29 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
A specific new coach, or just not DeMarco?
That part I do not know, I just know it was not DeMarco.

Some people said those two wanted to bring Farrah back, but I am not sure if that is true. It seems unlikely this point that anyone would think Farrah would come back after being out of it for so long.

I know at one point Todd was running for school board then backed out late summer early fall. Dr. Thomas has always been a big supporter of Farrah, and some have said that was the only reason he ran for school board. Not sure if that is true either.
Old 01-28-18, 04:11 PM
All Ohio

have nothing against any fellas there
have no opinion of whether a change should be made

however......if they got farrah back i would be geeked and i feel the program would take on a different attitude

just sayin (dude was perfect for that program - right wrong or indifferent)
Old 01-28-18, 08:04 PM
All Region

Bobby Bushay is on a distinguished road
Can not argue with success and attitude he brings to a program!
Old 01-29-18, 10:47 AM
All American

What gets me is how disingenuous this whole thing is. The wrong decisions for the wrong reasons. Bogus excuses from all sides so that nobody has to look like the bad guy. Politics.
The administration wonít recommend non renewal because their scared. The board wonít move on non renewal without a recommendation. The administration never put an action plan in place (the one that was supposed to be in place prior to last season). Some on the board donít think itís ďfairĒ to not renew without having a corrective action plan to fall back on. What ever happened to coaching contracts being renewed or not renewed each year based on performance and ability? This guy has had an 8 season freaking interview! There is only one thing that all these folks should be considering: whatís best for the football teams success. Thereís been a lot of reasons and excuses floating around out there why weíll end up keeping him, and the ironic thing is nobody in the administration or on the board has said itís because heís a good coach or that the program is going in the right direction. We just came off a 5-5 season, we just gave up more points than any team in program history, more than any Doug Schwall coached team completely out manned in the Fed in the 80ís! 3 playoff appearances in 8 seasons with 1 playoff win. 2 home playoff losses, one was just embarrassing. We had a running clock against us for a while in the Hoover game at home this past year! Or strength and conditioning program is a joke and qualified help has been offered and turned down by DeMarco himself. How many more reasons do we need to do whatís right for the program?
Old 01-29-18, 12:00 PM
Junior Varsity

LepsBacker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What gets me is how disingenuous this whole thing is. The wrong decisions for the wrong reasons. Bogus excuses from all sides so that nobody has to look like the bad guy. Politics.
The administration wonít recommend non renewal because their scared. The board wonít move on non renewal without a recommendation. The administration never put an action plan in place (the one that was supposed to be in place prior to last season). Some on the board donít think itís ďfairĒ to not renew without having a corrective action plan to fall back on. What ever happened to coaching contracts being renewed or not renewed each year based on performance and ability? This guy has had an 8 season freaking interview! There is only one thing that all these folks should be considering: whatís best for the football teams success. Thereís been a lot of reasons and excuses floating around out there why weíll end up keeping him, and the ironic thing is nobody in the administration or on the board has said itís because heís a good coach or that the program is going in the right direction. We just came off a 5-5 season, we just gave up more points than any team in program history, more than any Doug Schwall coached team completely out manned in the Fed in the 80ís! 3 playoff appearances in 8 seasons with 1 playoff win. 2 home playoff losses, one was just embarrassing. We had a running clock against us for a while in the Hoover game at home this past year! Or strength and conditioning program is a joke and qualified help has been offered and turned down by DeMarco himself. How many more reasons do we need to do whatís right for the program?
Couldn't agree more Lynus...and I'll add that the group whose interests should be considered first, are not even being mentioned...THE KIDS!!!
Old 01-29-18, 12:19 PM
All Ohio

I don't thnk anyone could have stated the issues better than Lynus did.
Old 01-29-18, 12:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis43d View Post
i am just repeating what he told the board at some of the meetings last year when a new league was a topic of conversation. I don't know if he is still working on it or not.

Allegedly todd and doc thomas are working together to get a new coach as well. I have seen the letter that was sent the board, that included an action plan.

10-4.
Old 01-29-18, 12:32 PM
All American

Lynus nailed it!
Old 01-29-18, 12:49 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
wow
and for real, Schwall was not bad, he had kids go to St Thomas and Canton South and a couple not play. He was not bad nor was the staff as there was like 3-4 future head coaches on it.

Looks like the present situation can be summed up as "pass the buck" - however eventually someone will have to make some decisions and own them.
Old 01-29-18, 12:57 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Farrah back to Louisville?

I want a women movement in Louisville, good coach bad person
Old 01-29-18, 04:12 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
What I’m hearing is that the board and administration know damn well he can’t do the job. The reluctance from both sides is that their scared to make a move because they don’t want backlash from the teachers thinking that a coaching change will be viewed as “retaliation” against the teachers from the strike. So it looks like the kids and the programs aren’t as important as keeping these folks happy with the status quo.
I blame the superintendent. Superintendents coordinate the operation of the school and manages district personnel, which obviously includes COACHING contracts. It's the superintendents responsbility to evaluate the coaching performance, report evaluation back to board, then board, based upon recommendations from the superintendent, accept/reject contracts. The bottom line is our superintendent is not doing his job. Forget committee by selection, business owner of the week, helicopter dads, and all the other political influences creating division, and diversion. Step up, and be a GD leader, and show leadership. Do your job, serve, evaluate, direct, and implement a recommendation based upon your analysis. If you are open and honest, then, historical performance, particularly last season, shall easily provide you the answer of not renewing JD contract. The superintendent job is to advise the board and manage the district. Plain and simple. It is not the superintendent's job to be concerned about back-lash from the teachers' union or whomever else is offended. It's all BS. DO YOUR JOB!