Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 01-25-18, 10:18 AM
Thunderstruck2652 Thunderstruck2652 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-19-08
Posts: 175
Thunderstruck2652 is on a distinguished road
What happened regarding the investigation? I'm unable to pull up the video of the Board Meeting.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 01-25-18, 12:50 PM
CometInTheSky CometInTheSky is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-06-17
Posts: 8
CometInTheSky is on a distinguished road
hmmm

Well I guess you should have attended the meeting...
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 01-25-18, 05:09 PM
bmss17 bmss17 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 179
bmss17 is on a distinguished road
https://setv.viebit.com/player.php?hash=pap6IlbBzorK

Not surprising in the results...but amazing how far off these parent complaints truly were. There's not one person who cannot say that Regano didn't do his job. It's why he's the best Superintendent in the state. If you watch this and can say that you plan on not voting on the upcoming levy, then just leave the city.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 01-26-18, 08:32 AM
Thunderstruck2652 Thunderstruck2652 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-19-08
Posts: 175
Thunderstruck2652 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmss17 View Post
https://setv.viebit.com/player.php?hash=pap6IlbBzorK

Not surprising in the results...but amazing how far off these parent complaints truly were. There's not one person who cannot say that Regano didn't do his job. It's why he's the best Superintendent in the state. If you watch this and can say that you plan on not voting on the upcoming levy, then just leave the city.
What a stupid comment. Can you even name five other Superintendent's in the state without looking them up?

Regano's comments on their face felt extremely disingenuous. It's pretty obvious that the parents didn't communicate with Regano or the BOE because they don't trust the school to handle their concerns responsibly, and why would they? The school administration prejudged all of the concerns stated by the parents in favor of the football coach. The entire "report" that was laid out essentially was an absolute bold-faced defense of McQuaide. Regano kept talking about playing time and completely glossed over the more serious allegations that the kids were being bullied. Essentially what I heard is that no substantive changes will be made either in terms of personnel or policy. Watching the video, I'm skeptical that there was even a real investigation done at all since by the way he was shuffling through them Regano's notes just looked like a collection of talking points without any real observations. Who did he interview and where can we read the report? It should be made public. Regano and company did exactly what I expected them to do - throw the parents and the kids under the bus, wait this thing out until that cycle of kids graduates and they don't have to listen to the parents. Give it time and I'm willing to bet that there's going to be future claims similar to the ones that arose in December, however they'll be accompanied in the future by claims of negligence on the part of the school for attempting to subvert the concerns of the parents when the BOE was first notified that there was a problem.

Last edited by Thunderstruck2652; 01-26-18 at 09:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 01-26-18, 09:01 AM
CometInTheSky CometInTheSky is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-06-17
Posts: 8
CometInTheSky is on a distinguished road
no thunder

So if there was bullying (proven to be not true), why did you or others not file the paperwork to the OHSAA?

It was all about playing time and not liking the head coach.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 01-26-18, 09:04 AM
Thunderstruck2652 Thunderstruck2652 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-19-08
Posts: 175
Thunderstruck2652 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometInTheSky View Post
Well I guess you should have attended the meeting...
Idiot
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 01-26-18, 09:04 AM
olderbwalum olderbwalum is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-11-17
Posts: 10
olderbwalum is on a distinguished road
Gee, I guess it's time for the couple of parents, along with their personal agenda's to move on. We all know who you are in the community, how you have treated teachers and coaches and administrators. That's that, bye, bye.

Go Comets!
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 01-26-18, 09:12 AM
Thunderstruck2652 Thunderstruck2652 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-19-08
Posts: 175
Thunderstruck2652 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometInTheSky View Post
So if there was bullying (proven to be not true), why did you or others not file the paperwork to the OHSAA?

It was all about playing time and not liking the head coach.
I personally didn't file paperwork to the OHSAA because I'm not a parent of one of the kids.

The report was inconclusive; kids refusing to be interviewed by the school out of fear of further retaliation and because they feel intimidated is hardly an exoneration of McQuaide lol.

I'm speaking only for myself when I say that I couldn't care any less about playing time, at the heart of my concerns is the fact that McQuaide should not have put those kids in a situation where there was even a remote possibility for them to feel like they were being bullied. I also subscribe to the notion that as a leader when your only defense is to deflect blame onto your followers it's time to step down.

Last edited by Thunderstruck2652; 01-26-18 at 09:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 01-26-18, 12:13 PM
Enigma77 Enigma77 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-13
Posts: 691
Enigma77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just when we thought that the current generation of parents couldn't get any more soft, selfish, entitled, or vindictive...

Good for Solon! It is good to see there are still BOEs and Supers that stand firm against this generation of whiny parents and their witch hunts, without folding into the pressure like a tent.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 01-26-18, 01:43 PM
Thunderstruck2652 Thunderstruck2652 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-19-08
Posts: 175
Thunderstruck2652 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma77 View Post
Just when we thought that the current generation of parents couldn't get any more soft, selfish, entitled, or vindictive...

Good for Solon! It is good to see there are still BOEs and Supers that stand firm against this generation of whiny parents and their witch hunts, without folding into the pressure like a tent.
The program is in shambles. The BOE is a joke and Regano / McQuaide / McGuire are a disgrace. And yet, the school spent hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to install a video scoreboard. They expect field renovations, new uniforms and raises for the coaches / teachers / school board members. This is a repeat of the 2013 Strongsville teachers union strike in the making - an event which that school system has failed to fully recover from.

You can quote me on this, heads are going to roll when the next school levy fails. Enough is enough! Solon has a (generally) very good school system but it has clearly been infected by the same teachers union mentality BS that ripped apart the Strongsville school system. Mark my words for the people who think that it can't/won't happen in your community, when the teachers and school administration start caring more about themselves than their students, people take notice. Civic servants are starting to be considered by the school administration to be more important than the well-being of the community. Clearly, that's the point which we've reached. Consider yourselves to have been put on notice.

Last edited by Thunderstruck2652; 01-26-18 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 01-26-18, 02:33 PM
'00WeAreSC '00WeAreSC is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-24-17
Posts: 12
'00WeAreSC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck2652 View Post
I personally didn't file paperwork to the OHSAA because I'm not a parent of one of the kids.

The report was inconclusive; kids refusing to be interviewed by the school out of fear of further retaliation and because they feel intimidated is hardly an exoneration of McQuaide lol.

I'm speaking only for myself when I say that I couldn't care any less about playing time, at the heart of my concerns is the fact that McQuaide should not have put those kids in a situation where there was even a remote possibility for them to feel like they were being bullied. I also subscribe to the notion that as a leader when your only defense is to deflect blame onto your followers it's time to step down.
This is so spot on Thunderstruck. This "investigation" was a joke and includes blatant lies in attempt to cover up and deflect. A little back door mention of "Some things they could have done differently", ya, ok, what were those things exactly? And how will they be dealt with? Real thorough report there. . .

For those of you adamantly defending the staff, let me know how you feel when a coach tells other players to intentionally injur your son during PRACTICE because he was trying hard to make an impression and prove he could play. I believe the exact instructions were to "F-*k him up", and there are players who vouch for that. That was the message from an adult coach to his student players about one of their teammates. That's a direct threat to the well being of someone's child. Solon's response - "Move along, nothing to see here, nothing happened, the parents are alcoholics, and whining about play time". Despicable.

So that parent being upset about that instance makes them "soft" and "entitled". You guys are really something else. By the way, that player started and played almost every defensive snap this past fall, and posted historical seasonal statistics, so please tell me again how it's "all about play time".

Fortunately, nothing happened to that boy because his friends weren't going to do that, but maybe the next kid won't be so lucky. Only next time, that's on Regano, Short, and McGuire. You can all go kick rocks with your comments on how great the staff is and how whiny and entitled the parents are. . . "Way to go Solon".

Also, to the person that said "we all know who you are" - I'd hope you know who they are, their names are in the paper. . . You sound like an imbecile.

Last edited by '00WeAreSC; 01-26-18 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 01-28-18, 08:30 PM
Comets111 Comets111 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-02-16
Posts: 135
Comets111 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by olderbwalum View Post
Gee, I guess it's time for the couple of parents, along with their personal agenda's to move on. We all know who you are in the community, how you have treated teachers and coaches and administrators. That's that, bye, bye.

Go Comets!
You are a joke, and maybe if the head coach could see straight(his eyes going in all different directions) could see that he did a wrong here and needs to retire. P.S. I thought you were done responding to this thread?
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 01-28-18, 11:25 PM
bmss17 bmss17 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 179
bmss17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck2652 View Post
What a stupid comment. Can you even name five other Superintendent's in the state without looking them up?

Regano's comments on their face felt extremely disingenuous. It's pretty obvious that the parents didn't communicate with Regano or the BOE because they don't trust the school to handle their concerns responsibly, and why would they? The school administration prejudged all of the concerns stated by the parents in favor of the football coach. The entire "report" that was laid out essentially was an absolute bold-faced defense of McQuaide. Regano kept talking about playing time and completely glossed over the more serious allegations that the kids were being bullied. Essentially what I heard is that no substantive changes will be made either in terms of personnel or policy. Watching the video, I'm skeptical that there was even a real investigation done at all since by the way he was shuffling through them Regano's notes just looked like a collection of talking points without any real observations. Who did he interview and where can we read the report? It should be made public. Regano and company did exactly what I expected them to do - throw the parents and the kids under the bus, wait this thing out until that cycle of kids graduates and they don't have to listen to the parents. Give it time and I'm willing to bet that there's going to be future claims similar to the ones that arose in December, however they'll be accompanied in the future by claims of negligence on the part of the school for attempting to subvert the concerns of the parents when the BOE was first notified that there was a problem.
Seeing that I'm in education, I can give you 20 in the NEO alone if you're interested...however I'm sure that you would just say that's not true, which is fine. There's a reason Solon is the premier district in Ohio, and it starts at the top.

Bottom line is that Regano did exactly what was asked of him. Clearly there's still people out there who still believe in this "bullying", even though when people were asked to come and interview, they chose not to come. You can't tell me there is constant bullying/abuse/whatever else you want to call it, but then when people don't come forward with information it's because they are afraid of "backlash", even though most of these kids are outgoing seniors. It's impossible to conduct an investigation like this without any witnesses...

Things aren't going to change: some will support, others will not. We still can and should support the program because of the kids that play on Friday night. We Are SC
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 01-29-18, 06:09 AM
CometInTheSky CometInTheSky is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-06-17
Posts: 8
CometInTheSky is on a distinguished road
yep

Well said...

Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 01-29-18, 04:05 PM
OLDGOLD OLDGOLD is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-13-14
Posts: 169
OLDGOLD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmss17 View Post
https://setv.viebit.com/player.php?hash=pap6IlbBzorK

Not surprising in the results...but amazing how far off these parent complaints truly were. There's not one person who cannot say that Regano didn't do his job. It's why he's the best Superintendent in the state. If you watch this and can say that you plan on not voting on the upcoming levy, then just leave the city.
I do not have a dog in this fight and try hard not to nit-pick posters syntax and language etc but the triple negative left me confused here.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 01-29-18, 09:43 PM
bmss17 bmss17 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-25-10
Posts: 179
bmss17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
I do not have a dog in this fight and try hard not to nit-pick posters syntax and language etc but the triple negative left me confused here.
Hahaha point well taken...meant to say not one person who can say. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 01-30-18, 03:36 PM
Comets111 Comets111 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-02-16
Posts: 135
Comets111 is on a distinguished road
Okay so he will be coaching this 2018 season but for all of you lovers of this coach would agree that if he yet again for the second straight season does not make the playoffs then he needs to go. If Solon is this great program and school then two years in a row wont be acceptable
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 01-31-18, 08:50 AM
olderbwalum olderbwalum is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-11-17
Posts: 10
olderbwalum is on a distinguished road
Sorry Comets111 - just couldn't stay away....And welcome back to talking about football - thank you!

Yes, the on-field has to improve next season. Two years in a row would be tough to swallow.

I do think they'll bounce back - lots of dedicated kids/coaches in the program

Go Comets!
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 02-01-18, 01:45 PM
'00WeAreSC '00WeAreSC is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-24-17
Posts: 12
'00WeAreSC is on a distinguished road
From today's paper.
I'll just leave this right here. . .
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 02-01-18, 04:30 PM
Metacomet's Avatar
Metacomet Metacomet is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-10-04
Location: kent
Posts: 8,050
Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by '00WeAreSC View Post
From today's paper.
I'll just leave this right here. . .
Think the artist knows the real story?
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 02-07-18, 04:31 PM
'00WeAreSC '00WeAreSC is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-24-17
Posts: 12
'00WeAreSC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck2652 View Post
Congratulations on basing your argument on a cartoon... Meanwhile, the majority of people in the community aren't members of the teachers union and will continue to fight this until you're left circling the wagon around the head coach of a football team that has undeniably gone down the toilet under his watch.

Under any set of circumstances, the program has turned into hot garbage while being lead by McQuaide. Missing the playoffs during any year is unacceptable, however it's happened three times now under McQuaide. The facts are that the team has underachieved year over year and McQuaide has been bullying his players (the "report" by the BOE is trash and propaganda which any reasonable person should use as toilet paper).

In anticipation of anybody who wishes to offer a rebuttal, allow me to say this - you're not a true Solon fan, you're a fan of mediocrity. You're a blind sheep. Your a teachers union apologist and if you had your way the head coach would continue bully and take advantage of high-school aged kids until the end of time. Whatever your rebuttals are, I wipe my butt with them. The program has been and will continue to be a running joke until McQuaide (and by extension, McGuire) are out.
Thunderstruck, I'm on your side buddy. This cartoon clearly depicts Regano as a corrupt politician who is shoving (bullying) away the parents as he hypocritically reads a "report" (so called) he drafted himself with lack of objective facts and turned the whole situation back on the parents. Notice he is also half way in the ground thus "digging his own hole". This cartoon was left here for the supporters of Mcquaide and the staff. Because they are a joke themselves. Trust me, I know this is not the end of it as they would like to think.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 02-07-18, 09:41 PM
Enigma77 Enigma77 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-25-13
Posts: 691
Enigma77 is an unknown quantity at this point
You sissy dads live such sad, sad lives.

You are truly pitiful.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 02-09-18, 03:47 PM
RB22 RB22 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-14-17
Posts: 34
RB22 is on a distinguished road
This is absolutely hilarious stuff. Maybe Solon should drop football all together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 02-20-18, 09:51 AM
Thunderstruck2652 Thunderstruck2652 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-19-08
Posts: 175
Thunderstruck2652 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by '00WeAreSC View Post
Thunderstruck, I'm on your side buddy. This cartoon clearly depicts Regano as a corrupt politician who is shoving (bullying) away the parents as he hypocritically reads a "report" (so called) he drafted himself with lack of objective facts and turned the whole situation back on the parents. Notice he is also half way in the ground thus "digging his own hole". This cartoon was left here for the supporters of Mcquaide and the staff. Because they are a joke themselves. Trust me, I know this is not the end of it as they would like to think.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Apologies for the misunderstanding, that wasn't my first takeaway when I saw the picture.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Division I Schedules EagleFan Archives 66 10-25-17 11:29 AM
Greater Cleveland Conference 2017 cardzfan1234 Football 37 09-09-17 08:41 AM
2017 CW Columbus Thursday Night Lights Schedule Monarch_Pride Football 1 07-03-17 11:43 AM
2017 MHSBCA (Michigan!) Awards - 06/20/17 seclmw Baseball 0 06-20-17 06:57 AM
100 Days left before the beginning of the 2017 Ohio High School Football Season IUDOGS Football 0 05-15-17 07:42 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz