Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-13-17, 12:56 PM
All Ohio

ECOLace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
No one knocked Claymont for scheduling Phila. Claymont has a very talented senior class. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Why the hatred for Ridgewood and Garaway? For schools with 140-165 boys from year to year Id say they have been doing just fine. Wood has made playoffs 9 of last 12 years and Garaway has multiple apperarances in past decade as well. Garaway lost to eventual state semi finalist Coshocton in a very competitive game just last year. Wood made state semi finals in 09.

Claymont wouldnt have beaten neither the Wood or Garaway on very many occasions over the past decade. This year they should beat them both, its a shame chest thumpers from Claymont(not what most would consider a powerhouse football program) get to proclaim themselves better than IVC schools in what looks to be a rebuilding year for both schools.

Yes I said a rebuilding year...4-6,5-5,or 6-4 are considered rebuilding years to those two programs. Unlike Claymont who had a "Great Season" last year at 6-4.
I'm not proclaiming anything, cone said Claymont is a "bad football team" because they lost to New Philadelphia in a bad score. I was just pointing out that such a bad score isn't indicative how Claymont will stand up with the rest of their schedule or region.

I understand and appreciate the success programs like Ridgewood and Garaway have gotten, that's why I was so excited to get into the league with two such exceptional programs, to play consistently better competition and the league being so close. It's certainly better than the ECOL small school where only Coshocton had sustained success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateflash07 View Post
I call BS not the way they played against a mediocre Northwest team, I think I.V would give N.P a game, funny how N.P wins a playoff game and some of you Quaker fans think your world beaters.
Not a Quaker fan, but I stand confidently by my statement.

Last edited by ECOLace; 09-13-17 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-13-17, 01:05 PM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
The myth ends when you run into those parochials. Local schools are just trying to get that home playoff game, they're not scheduling to make tournament runs (except Dover and now finally Phila).
Old 09-13-17, 01:05 PM
All American

Quote:
And what tournament noise has Claymont made?
Who has made a deeper playoff run Wood or New Phila?
Phila has.
Old 09-13-17, 01:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Circle K is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
Phila has.
Whats the farthest Ridgewood and New Phila have made it?
Old 09-13-17, 01:19 PM
Junior Varsity

Johnny Moxon is on a distinguished road
The Chicken will have to correct me if i am wrong, but i believe Phila has never made the state semi's. It said in a previous post Ridgewood did in 2009.
Old 09-13-17, 01:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
And what tournament noise has Claymont made?
Who has made a deeper playoff run Wood or New Phila?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Moxon View Post
The Chicken will have to correct me if i am wrong, but i believe Phila has never made the state semi's. It said in a previous post Ridgewood did in 2009.
NP made it to the semis in the 70s I believe, but this whole discussion doesn't matter.
Old 09-13-17, 01:30 PM
Varsity

Honest Abe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They don't step outside themselves for non conference games and IMO will be hard pressed to ever make tournament noise because of it.
Ridgewood non league this season:

Buckeye Trail D6 school. (ridgewood is 5 boys from being D6 btw) 6-4 last year. barely missed the playoffs. Chance to win ivc small division this year.

Waynedale d6 (just became a d6 school this season. was five for the previous 6 matchups of the series) Ridgewood is 5-2 against the golden bears who play in a very good football league and has had some nice runs throughout the years. Yes they are down this season. can't control that.

Coshocton d5 school. same region. Oh and they made the state semi's last season and somewhat competed with coldwater. traditionally a great program.

Now i am not saying this non league is the most brutal schedule, but it is by no means a cake walk schedule.
Old 09-13-17, 01:33 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No one knocked Claymont for scheduling Phila. Claymont has a very talented senior class. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Why the hatred for Ridgewood and Garaway? For schools with 140-165 boys from year to year Id say they have been doing just fine. Wood has made playoffs 9 of last 12 years and Garaway has multiple apperarances in past decade as well. Garaway lost to eventual state semi finalist Coshocton in a very competitive game just last year. Wood made state semi finals in 09.

Claymont wouldnt have beaten neither the Wood or Garaway on very many occasions over the past decade. This year they should beat them both, its a shame chest thumpers from Claymont(not what most would consider a powerhouse football program) get to proclaim themselves better than IVC schools in what looks to be a rebuilding year for both schools.

Yes I said a rebuilding year...4-6,5-5,or 6-4 are considered rebuilding years to those two programs. Unlike Claymont who had a "Great Season" last year at 6-4.
Please show where any fan of Claymont has "thumped their chest" Because I haven't seen it.
Old 09-13-17, 07:32 PM
All District

danville96 is on a distinguished road
Playoffs

New Philadelphia - 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2005, 2004,
2-10 record, semifinalist(1974)

Wood
- 2016, 2015, 2014, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008,
2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003
5-12 record, semi finalist (2009)

http://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sport...rticipants.pdf
Old 09-13-17, 07:40 PM
Varsity

colorswitch is on a distinguished road
The best player in the conference and the best coach in the conference are on one team, Ridgewood. I wouldn't count them out.
Old 09-13-17, 08:26 PM
All American

Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I call BS not the way they played against a mediocre Northwest team, I think I.V would give N.P a game, funny how N.P wins a playoff game and some of you Quaker fans think your world beaters.
Not a prayer...not @ all, under no circumstances would this hypothetical situation come to be.. they're loaded to have a nice season for their situation, but no.
Old 09-14-17, 08:39 AM
Junior Varsity

Roobear33 is on a distinguished road
For what it's worth, Calpreps has a simulated score of 35-17. NP winning!!!
Old 09-14-17, 01:15 PM
Junior Varsity

Johnny Moxon is on a distinguished road
Anybody else hate the crossover games? I am just not a fan of them.
Old 09-14-17, 01:41 PM
Varsity

Big
Claymont - 2 Wins
Indian Valley - 2 Wins
Ridgewood - 2 Wins
Garaway - 2 Wins
Tusky Valley - 1 Win
Newcomerstown - 0 Wins

Small
East Canton - 1 Win
Malvern - 1 Win
TCC - 1 Win

Big is getting a boatload of points, the small schools are going to need at least 2 upsets over the next two weeks to hope for one playoff spot. Mainly because of 2nd level points. Its almost like the small division is sitting idle for two weeks with no points coming in.
Old 09-14-17, 04:44 PM
All District

IVCguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarGENERALGOD View Post
Why is that baffling?? I think if the oline gives him time in every game they have a chance to win out there offense is pretty high powered when they're clicking on all cylinders. So I'm confused on how that's baffling??
I'm not baffled. I'm sensing it will be a Rubber Chicken-pleasing kind of year. It's early though.
Old 09-14-17, 04:59 PM
All District

IVCguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hey, c'mon. I've been a Pirate fan for 25 years, but my nephew plays for Philly and I take a little offence to that. Lol.

Northwest is mediocre, but I will tell you this, they have some players on that team. I think they had 9 kids that went both ways, and they just pooped out in the 2nd half. Northwest controlled the ball the first half and kept the Philly offense on the sidelines. NW was unreal on 3rd down in the first half. NP helped them some with some penalties, but they made some ridiculous plays to keep drives going. NP only had 4 possessions and couldn't get into any kind of rhythm. That all changed in the 2nd half and Philly put them away, but I think you are misrepresenting NW and NP in your comments.

Interesting note: NW had a female kicker - Olivia something. I know other girls have played, but this was the first time it happened with me in attendance. She made 2 FGs in the first half.

Two issues came to mind: 1) What if there is a bad snap or a block and 600 pounds of mean came at her? 2) I hope no one slaps her on the rear end to congratulate her and a Title IX suit results. (They patted her on the helmet and shoulder pads, but old habits die hard. )

P.S. New Philly won 2 playoff games last year - with their 2nd, and then 3rd, string QBs. We didn't think they were world-beaters after one playoff game. That only came after winning the 2nd.

Last edited by IVCguy; 09-14-17 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-14-17, 11:54 PM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah any IVC folk knocking Claymont for scheduling NP is about to see why scheduling tougher than your conference helps you in the conference. When two teams of equal caliber play, the team that's faced tougher competition has the advantage.

Ridgewood and Garaway can't beat up on the little sisters of the poor anymore and pretend they're good football teams until week 11.
Ok wow Journy you my friend are clueless, Btw Gararaway Scrimmaged Claymont every yr and we smack the crap out of the stangs. BTW HOW MANY PLAYOFF WINS DO THE STANGS OR PHILLIE HAVE enough said.
Old 09-14-17, 11:58 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVCguy View Post
Hey, c'mon. I've been a Pirate fan for 25 years, but my nephew plays for Philly and I take a little offence to that. Lol.

Northwest is mediocre, but I will tell you this, they have some players on that team. I think they had 9 kids that went both ways, and they just pooped out in the 2nd half. Northwest controlled the ball the first half and kept the Philly offense on the sidelines. NW was unreal on 3rd down in the first half. NP helped them some with some penalties, but they made some ridiculous plays to keep drives going. NP only had 4 possessions and couldn't get into any kind of rhythm. That all changed in the 2nd half and Philly put them away, but I think you are misrepresenting NW and NP in your comments.

Interesting note: NW had a female kicker - Olivia something. I know other girls have played, but this was the first time it happened with me in attendance. She made 2 FGs in the first half.

Two issues came to mind: 1) What if there is a bad snap or a block and 600 pounds of mean came at her? 2) I hope no one slaps her on the rear end to congratulate her and a Title IX suit results. (They patted her on the helmet and shoulder pads, but old habits die hard. )

P.S. New Philly won 2 playoff games last year - with their 2nd, and then 3rd, string QBs. We didn't think they were world-beaters after one playoff game. That only came after winning the 2nd.

Nah i usually take and cheer on N.P their is just some quaker fans thinking they are all that, yes i am glad they finally won their playoff games. I wish all T County teams the best every yr. And Garaway's program is not their yet we shall see if my pirates can climb out of a 1-2 hole w/ a young team.
Old 09-15-17, 12:03 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobear33 View Post
For what it's worth, Calpreps has a simulated score of 35-17. NP winning!!!
Thats not a blow out i did not say I.V would win just give them a game I know N.P has a good team but they did not impresss me last week.
Old 09-15-17, 12:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Ok wow Journy you my friend are clueless, Btw Gararaway Scrimmaged Claymont every yr and we smack the crap out of the stangs. BTW HOW MANY PLAYOFF WINS DO THE STANGS OR PHILLIE HAVE enough said.
Journey isn't a Mustang fan, but the scrimmage between both teams has traditionally pretty even. And I'm pretty sure Claymont won the scrimmage last year pretty handily. I recall Coach Wallick saying something along the lines of "We got our butts kicked."
Old 09-15-17, 01:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVCguy View Post
Two female kickers made FG's for their teams last week.
Olivia Wyles kicked 2 for Northwest and Hailey Scuiry kicked 2 for Sandy Valley.
Good job Ladies!
Old 09-15-17, 07:22 PM
Varsity

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
Is that right, east canton up early over wood? I knew the hornets had some game this year.
Old 09-15-17, 08:59 PM
All Ohio

Yeah that scores really surprising. I know that Ridgewood turned it over in the end zone, but damn.
Old 09-15-17, 09:50 PM
Varsity

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
It wasn't surprising for me preseason or even after week 1, but I started to wonder if they weren't as good as I thought they would be. This week may be the boost they need to get back into a good playoff spot come week 11.
Old 09-15-17, 09:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Pretenders try and win scrimmages, contenders try and expose their own weaknesses so that it won't happen during the season. Garaway=pretenders
Old 09-15-17, 10:25 PM
All Ohio

The thing that bothers me most about Ridgewood is the amount of yards rushing they're giving up. Over 300 yards given up in consecutive weeks.
Old 09-15-17, 10:56 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Pretenders try and win scrimmages, contenders try and expose their own weaknesses so that it won't happen during the season. Garaway=pretenders
Playoff appearance's/ Pretenders LOL two undefeated season within 4 yrs but we are pretenders ok

Not saying the stangs are a bad team because they are not same with N.P it took how long to finalley win a playoff game. Facts my man, and you can say the Pirates do not schedule any big Div 3 teams so what, we schedule teams that are still bigger then us after all comparing Div 3 or a 4 for that matter to a div 5/6 team is like camparing apples to oranges.
Old 09-16-17, 12:26 AM
Varsity

I couldn't believe how fast, athletic and strong East Canton was. I was really surprised by that. They were more physical and flat out better than the Wood tonight.

How did Malvern compare to Newcomerstowns previous opponents?

Indian Valley must be legit??

Buckeye Trail didn't allow Claymont to get the running clock!

Strasburg struggled to Tusky?

TCC may be in for a long year?
Old 09-16-17, 07:14 AM
All Ohio

Claymont had 2 TD's called back by penalties. Claymont dominated from start to finish. The Defense held Snodgrass in check. He broke off one big run for a TD.

Watching the replay of the Sandy Valley-Indian Valley game. SV's big 6'6" TE was out with a injury which really hampers their offense. IV and Claymont have the same problem, too many penalties. The Braves had 8 infractions marked off in the first half.

Ridgewood losing at home by a 40-0 score was a shocker.
Old 09-16-17, 07:14 AM
All Ohio

Claymont had 2 TD's called back by penalties. Claymont dominated from start to finish. The Defense held Snodgrass in check. He broke off one big run for a TD.

Watching the replay of the Sandy Valley-Indian Valley game. SV's big 6'6" TE was out with a injury which really hampers their offense. IV and Claymont have the same problem, too many penalties. The Braves had 8 infractions marked off in the first half.

Ridgewood losing at home by a 40-0 score was a shocker.