Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-12-17, 07:05 AM
Junior Varsity

RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
East Canton is the most talented and skilled team the Wood has played to date.
Old 09-12-17, 07:15 AM
Junior Varsity

Redline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
East Canton is the most talented and skilled team the Wood has played to date.
I agree with you on that as far as played to date. Dollar's comments about Ridgewood going 10-0 if they win this weekend are absolutely baffling. Probably just some high school kid who thinks it's cool to have a Yappi account. I heard East Canton likes to bring a lot of pressure. If the O-line can give the Alexander kid enough time I think he could be successful. How has that young D line been holding up at Ridgewood?
Old 09-12-17, 10:12 AM
All American

Journey is on a distinguished road
East Canton passes the look test.
Old 09-12-17, 11:32 AM
Varsity

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigskin13 View Post
I watched the Sandy Valley-Tusky Valley replay on TV-2.
It was a good game, marred by two things...
1-Several late hits, personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties by both teams.
2-Sandy Valley used their attacking pass offense to build a 26-7 lead late in the 3rd QTR, then with over 10 minute left in the 4th the coaches tried to "ice" the game, having the players stand at the line of scrimmage and letting the play clock run down every play and then just handing off.
It didn't work, they lost all momentum and then lost the game.
Your depiction of the game is pretty much how i viewed it in person. I guess what i was asking about was more about the character of the team as it related to conduct concerning the death of a young man and the injury of another during the game. Since i got no response i'll assume it didn't happen as i heard.
Old 09-12-17, 11:44 AM
Freshman

DollarGENERALGOD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
I agree with you on that as far as played to date. Dollar's comments about Ridgewood going 10-0 if they win this weekend are absolutely baffling. Probably just some high school kid who thinks it's cool to have a Yappi account. I heard East Canton likes to bring a lot of pressure. If the O-line can give the Alexander kid enough time I think he could be successful. How has that young D line been holding up at Ridgewood?
Why is that baffling?? I think if the oline gives him time in every game they have a chance to win out there offense is pretty high powered when they're clicking on all cylinders. So I'm confused on how that's baffling??
Old 09-12-17, 11:47 AM
Freshman

Wasbridgeboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journey View Post
East Canton passes the look test.
Seems to me they put some good looking athletes on the field and heard they're coached pretty well. Think wood rolls they're tough to beat at home.
Old 09-12-17, 12:17 PM
Junior Varsity

Redline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollarGENERALGOD View Post
Why is that baffling?? I think if the oline gives him time in every game they have a chance to win out there offense is pretty high powered when they're clicking on all cylinders. So I'm confused on how that's baffling??
Because I think Indian Valley and Claymont are two pretty good teams and there's also Garaway. Saying that if Ridgewood wins this week they are going to cruise to 10-0 is an absurd comment. And I agree with you about if the offense is clicking but you do know there's this thing called defense as well? Coshocton and Waynedale both seemed to run at will on Ridgewood from what I heard.
Old 09-12-17, 12:32 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Because I think Indian Valley and Claymont are two pretty good teams and there's also Garaway. Saying that if Ridgewood wins this week they are going to cruise to 10-0 is an absurd comment. And I agree with you about if the offense is clicking but you do know there's this thing called defense as well? Coshocton and Waynedale both seemed to run at will on Ridgewood from what I heard.
Ridgewood also needs a run game they're young from what I've heard if theat turns the corner offensive they'll be pretty tough. I think IV is just a great football team all the way around well coached and heard their backs run the ball with an attitude.
Old 09-12-17, 12:53 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ridgewood plays both Claymont and Indian Valley on the road, no way they go 10-0.
Old 09-12-17, 12:54 PM
Freshman

Also does anyone know how good Shenandoah is this year I have heard that they are pretty talented. Wasnt sure if anyone knew forsure I know it's kind of out of our area just was wondering?
Old 09-12-17, 12:56 PM
All Region

cone is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Claymont is not a very good team. New Phila beat them 45-6, Claymont only scored late on the 3rd team. Indian Valley,however, is for real.
Old 09-12-17, 01:12 PM
Junior Varsity

Circle K is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cone View Post
Claymont is not a very good team. New Phila beat them 45-6, Claymont only scored late on the 3rd team. Indian Valley,however, is for real.
I feel like New Phila would do that to just about any team in the IVC minus Indian Valley maybe.
Old 09-12-17, 01:15 PM
Junior Varsity

The Wood could lose to anyone remaining on their schedule and beat anyone remaining on their schedule with 2 exceptions.
1. Not losing to Newcomerstown...just not happening
2. Could compete possibly, but beating Indian Valley is far fetched.

East Canton- Toss up
StrasVegas- Wood favored
Garaway- Toss up
Tusky Valley- Toss up
Claymont- Mustangs favored

10 -0 for a team with 9 Seniors and only 1 Junior out of a total of 6 seeing playing time is a little optimistic. Wood starts 6 sophomores on offense and 5 sophomores and 1 Freshmen on defense as I have stated before.

.500 or better would be a solid season for the Wood.
Old 09-12-17, 01:16 PM
Junior Varsity

Circle K is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasbridgeboy View Post
Also does anyone know how good Shenandoah is this year I have heard that they are pretty talented. Wasnt sure if anyone knew forsure I know it's kind of out of our area just was wondering?
'I dont know, maybe you should see if there is an OVAC thread going....
Old 09-12-17, 01:20 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle K View Post
'I dont know, maybe you should see if there is an OVAC thread going....
I'd never bunch of ppl that think they know "real football" lol
Old 09-12-17, 01:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
The 3rd, Hahaha, now that's funny, as if NP had a third team.
Old 09-12-17, 01:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle K View Post
I feel like New Phila would do that to just about any team in the IVC minus Indian Valley maybe.
NP would do it to IV too.
Old 09-12-17, 03:06 PM
All Ohio

ECOLace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
New Philadelphia would beat any team in the IVC with a running clock or anyone on any IVC team's schedule.

You can compare scores between common opponents to kind of see how closely they are, and ironically all 3 teams have played Coshocton, Claymont and IV beat Coshocton handily, and Ridgewood controlled the game vs them, although it was pretty competitive. Coshocton had almost 300 yards rushing vs Ridgewood, while Claymont and Indian Valley pretty much shut them down.

Obviously New Philadelphia is a superior team to anyone in the IVC. Not saying Claymont or Indian Valley should be favored vs the Generals, but they're certainly both more than capable of beating them.
Old 09-12-17, 04:21 PM
Varsity

colorswitch is on a distinguished road
Dusty Braun coaching at New Philadelphia this year?
Old 09-12-17, 04:25 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorswitch View Post
Dusty Braun coaching at New Philadelphia this year?
No he's still at central
Old 09-12-17, 05:02 PM
Varsity

colorswitch is on a distinguished road
I thought he was a cambridge boy.
Old 09-12-17, 05:53 PM
Freshman

He is coaches wrestling there use to do baseball. But has coached football at central for awhile now.
Old 09-13-17, 06:52 AM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
First of all New Phila is not in the IVC - so who cares about them - can they beat Dover?

Thumping your chest stating that a D3 school can beat 2 D4 and a bunch of 5-6-7 schools is not very impressive. How about New Phila schedule some D3 schools to the north - I know Louisville will be looking for games.....
Old 09-13-17, 08:23 AM
All Ohio

ECOLace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
First of all New Phila is not in the IVC - so who cares about them - can they beat Dover?

Thumping your chest stating that a D3 school can beat 2 D4 and a bunch of 5-6-7 schools is not very impressive. How about New Phila schedule some D3 schools to the north - I know Louisville will be looking for games.....
I'm not a New Philadelphia fan, or beating my chest, I'm actually a Claymont fan. I'm merely pointing out that using the Claymont/New Philadelphia score as evidence that Claymont is a "bad team" compared to Ridgewood or Indian Valley is asinine, because the result would be similar or worse than any school in the IVC.
Old 09-13-17, 10:27 AM
All American

Yeah any IVC folk knocking Claymont for scheduling NP is about to see why scheduling tougher than your conference helps you in the conference. When two teams of equal caliber play, the team that's faced tougher competition has the advantage.

Ridgewood and Garaway can't beat up on the little sisters of the poor anymore and pretend they're good football teams until week 11.
Old 09-13-17, 11:24 AM
Varsity

Honest Abe is on a distinguished road
^^^^
So its Ridgewood and Garaways fault they have to play who was in their league and that they became better at football than everyone else?
The league actually used to be a decent football league.
Malvern, Newcomerstown, Strasburg used to be the real deal.
Old 09-13-17, 11:57 AM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOLace View Post
New Philadelphia would beat any team in the IVC with a running clock or anyone on any IVC team's schedule.

You can compare scores between common opponents to kind of see how closely they are, and ironically all 3 teams have played Coshocton, Claymont and IV beat Coshocton handily, and Ridgewood controlled the game vs them, although it was pretty competitive. Coshocton had almost 300 yards rushing vs Ridgewood, while Claymont and Indian Valley pretty much shut them down.

Obviously New Philadelphia is a superior team to anyone in the IVC. Not saying Claymont or Indian Valley should be favored vs the Generals, but they're certainly both more than capable of beating them.
I call BS not the way they played against a mediocre Northwest team, I think I.V would give N.P a game, funny how N.P wins a playoff game and some of you Quaker fans think your world beaters.
Old 09-13-17, 12:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest Abe View Post
^^^^
So its Ridgewood and Garaways fault they have to play who was in their league and that they became better at football than everyone else?
The league actually used to be a decent football league.
Malvern, Newcomerstown, Strasburg used to be the real deal.
They don't step outside themselves for non conference games and IMO will be hard pressed to ever make tournament noise because of it.
Old 09-13-17, 12:29 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Yeah any IVC folk knocking Claymont for scheduling NP is about to see why scheduling tougher than your conference helps you in the conference. When two teams of equal caliber play, the team that's faced tougher competition has the advantage.

Ridgewood and Garaway can't beat up on the little sisters of the poor anymore and pretend they're good football teams until week 11.
No one knocked Claymont for scheduling Phila. Claymont has a very talented senior class. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Why the hatred for Ridgewood and Garaway? For schools with 140-165 boys from year to year Id say they have been doing just fine. Wood has made playoffs 9 of last 12 years and Garaway has multiple apperarances in past decade as well. Garaway lost to eventual state semi finalist Coshocton in a very competitive game just last year. Wood made state semi finals in 09.

Claymont wouldnt have beaten neither the Wood or Garaway on very many occasions over the past decade. This year they should beat them both, its a shame chest thumpers from Claymont(not what most would consider a powerhouse football program) get to proclaim themselves better than IVC schools in what looks to be a rebuilding year for both schools.

Yes I said a rebuilding year...4-6,5-5,or 6-4 are considered rebuilding years to those two programs. Unlike Claymont who had a "Great Season" last year at 6-4.
Old 09-13-17, 12:35 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
They don't step outside themselves for non conference games and IMO will be hard pressed to ever make tournament noise because of it.
And what tournament noise has Claymont made?
Who has made a deeper playoff run Wood or New Phila?