Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-12-17, 07:26 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
I wonder if 14red watched Wisconsin beat LSU last year?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-17, 10:56 PM
All Ohio

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
Interestingly, I remember the SEC West doing something similar. The SEC must be highly overrated and not very good either.
as i recall the big ten went 3-7 in bowls last season, the absolute worst of the power 5 conferences. the ACC went 8-3
Old 09-13-17, 04:33 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
as i recall the big ten went 3-7 in bowls last season, the absolute worst of the power 5 conferences. the ACC went 8-3
Still waiting for you to land your plane. Seems you just pick the years you like and ignore all the other ones. Also keeping in mind that nothing before August 2017 has anything to do with conference strength THIS year.
Old 09-13-17, 07:38 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Wow so you're saying if you take away the top 3 teams in a conference, that conference isn't as good? Lol how did you make it past Yappi registration?
If you take away Bama, LSU and Florida, the SEC is still the best conference in the entire country and the conference still win 8 titles since 2006. So, it's not as crazy as you think, ronnie.
Old 09-13-17, 09:02 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
B1G just released future conference scheduling http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footb...091217aab.html

Like tOSU @ IU this year it looks like the power that be want to give some lesser programs signature opening week games to generate interest and revenue. Look how the 2021 season starts: Ohio State at Minnesota, Michigan State at Northwestern and Penn State at Wisconsin. No way would Saban allow 'Bama to open on the road at what could be a dynamic Minnesota program if Fleck stays around. Also unlike the SEC the B1G is still not allowing any cup cake type breaks for teams before big rivalry games.
Old 09-13-17, 09:37 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
B1G just released future conference scheduling http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footb...091217aab.html

Like tOSU @ IU this year it looks like the power that be want to give some lesser programs signature opening week games to generate interest and revenue. Look how the 2021 season starts: Ohio State at Minnesota, Michigan State at Northwestern and Penn State at Wisconsin. No way would Saban allow 'Bama to open on the road at what could be a dynamic Minnesota program if Fleck stays around. Also unlike the SEC the B1G is still not allowing any cup cake type breaks for teams before big rivalry games.
No Saban typically plays a better game at a neutral site. The past years have been Wisconsin, West Virginia, Va Tech, Michigan, USC, Florida State. Which is without a doubt a tougher matchup than playing a weak team on the road opening weekend

However I do agree playing FCS schools at any point in the season, especially middle/late, is ridiculous
Old 09-13-17, 09:40 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
If you take away Bama, LSU and Florida, the SEC is still the best conference in the entire country and the conference still win 8 titles since 2006. So, it's not as crazy as you think, ronnie.
I feel like there is sarcasm there. Atleast I hope so. I root for an SEC school and never thought the disparity was as big as the media led many to believe. I'd there was disparity it is gone and has been for some time
Old 09-13-17, 09:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Still waiting for you to land your plane. Seems you just pick the years you like and ignore all the other ones. Also keeping in mind that nothing before August 2017 has anything to do with conference strength THIS year.
i went back to the most recent season, and that was the year many in the media and many big ten backers claimed they were the best conference in college football
Old 09-13-17, 10:19 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
I feel like there is sarcasm there. Atleast I hope so. I root for an SEC school and never thought the disparity was as big as the media led many to believe. I'd there was disparity it is gone and has been for some time
No sarcasm. Just like if FSU and Clemson weren't in the ACC, Duke would have run wild all over the country and won a Natty in 2013 and Louisville winning last year!
Old 09-13-17, 10:23 AM
All American

Quote:
No sarcasm. Just like if FSU and Clemson weren't in the ACC, Duke would have run wild all over the country and won a Natty in 2013 and Louisville winning last year!

Yeah it's too bad Louisville couldn't beat Kentucky
Old 09-13-17, 03:46 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post

Why do I have to bring this up every year...the SEC has strength top to bottom. So yes, schedule a few cupcakes in the non-conference. The Big ten teams should not however, be doing the same thing. The big ten has many cupcake teams in the conference. For instance, the Buckeyes have the following on their schedule - I consider them cupcake games...Rutgers/ Maryland/ Nebraska and Illinois. This does not include the next two cupcakes / non conference Army and UNLV.
Old 09-13-17, 04:10 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I consider them cupcake games...Rutgers/ Maryland/ Nebraska and Illinois. This does not include the next two cupcakes / non conference Army and UNLV.
Alabama has
- Fresno State
- Colorado State
- Vanderbilt
- Ole Miss
- Mississippi State
- Arkansas
- Mercer

How many of those would you consider cupcakes?
Old 09-13-17, 09:55 PM
All World

Quote:
i went back to the most recent season, and that was the year many in the media and many big ten backers claimed they were the best conference in college football
I guess this is just very hard for you to understand. Telling me what they did last year has no relevance for arguing their strength as a conference THIS year.

I can make the same argument for the SEC in 2014. The SEC West was miles above everyone else and laid an egg in bowl season. Interestingly in your mind those two aren't equivalent, and that is based on absolutely nothing.
Old 09-14-17, 07:43 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Alabama has
- Fresno State
- Colorado State
- Vanderbilt
- Ole Miss
- Mississippi State
- Arkansas
- Mercer

How many of those would you consider cupcakes?
I wonder when 14Red is gonna blast USC and Oklahoma for having a cupcake like Texas on their schedule.
Old 09-14-17, 09:47 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I guess this is just very hard for you to understand. Telling me what they did last year has no relevance for arguing their strength as a conference THIS year.

I can make the same argument for the SEC in 2014. The SEC West was miles above everyone else and laid an egg in bowl season. Interestingly in your mind those two aren't equivalent, and that is based on absolutely nothing.
actually its quite simple , the big ten is actually worse this year than they were last year. now you might have thought the SEC west was miles ahead of the everyone else . i didnt see it that way.
Old 09-14-17, 11:11 AM
All American

missed u goldenshower. The man who has no team
Old 09-14-17, 12:51 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
missed u goldenshower. The man who has no team
i have a team , you just dont know who it is. but that isnt surprising , there isnt much that you do know. maybe you should contact David Dunning and Justin Kruger
Old 09-14-17, 12:55 PM
All District

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
After the first 2 weeks.

Big 10 21 & 7 0.750 winning percantage
SEC 22 & 5 0.815 winning percentage
Pac 12 20 & 4 0.833 winning percentage
ACC 19 & 7 0.731 winning percentage

If those numbers after week 2 prove that any one conference is great or horrible THIS YEAR - enjoy your delusions.
Old 09-14-17, 01:13 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
After the first 2 weeks.

Big 10 21 & 7 0.750 winning percantage
SEC 22 & 5 0.815 winning percentage
Pac 12 20 & 4 0.833 winning percentage
ACC 19 & 7 0.731 winning percentage

If those numbers after week 2 prove that any one conference is great or horrible THIS YEAR - enjoy your delusions.
15 of those wins came against Western Kentucky,Eastern Michigan,Western Michigan,Cincinnati,Florida Atlantic,Towson, Ohio,Arkansas State,Nevada,Akron,Bowling Green,Wyoming,Utah ST, Ball ST, and Buffalo . if anything it shows big ten feasts and the bottom of the barrel
Old 09-14-17, 01:24 PM
All American

As opposed to Nicholls, So Miss, EKU, Indiana St, Fresno St, South Alabama, TN Martin, middle Tenn, Alabama AM, Charleston South, LA Tech, App St, Missouri St, Florida AM, Ga Southern, Chattanooga
Old 09-15-17, 06:56 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
what a moron golden shower is.
Old 09-15-17, 07:34 PM
All World

Quote:
actually its quite simple , the big ten is actually worse this year than they were last year. now you might have thought the SEC west was miles ahead of the everyone else . i didnt see it that way.
Everyone thought the SEC West was miles ahead.

Nothing objective says the Big 10 is worse than last year or that they are even the worst power 5 conference. You just don't like them. That's not a valid reason or argument to anyone else.
Old 09-16-17, 11:33 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Any chance Riley is HC in Huskerland next season?
Old 09-16-17, 11:43 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Any chance Riley is HC in Huskerland next season?
Shouldn't be. There should be someone out there that can make such a storied program competitive again.
Old 09-16-17, 11:44 PM
All Yappi

Was a bad hire to begin with
Old 09-18-17, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
The newest NCAA football tradition, the Iowa hospital wave: http://www.espn.com/college-football...-hospital-wave

After the end of the 1st Q the Iowa Stadium waves high to the kids in the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital next to the stadium, the top floor basically has a great view for the kids to watch the game. Good for Iowa not to build some hotel or what not so the high rollers could watch the game in comfort and the school could maximize revenue for the University.

Old 09-18-17, 06:27 PM
All American

Pretty cool
Old 09-21-17, 03:47 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
That's some thinking of others from the build to the tradition. Now comes the cheesy made for tv copy-cats.... oh well.

13 for 13 in the red zone, 10 TDs. Not often I get to brag up my Boilers. Wasn't enthusiastic about the AD hire but have to give credit, he didn't try to be Mich or OSU, he settled for being Purdue and went out and found another Tiller.
Old 09-21-17, 04:22 PM
All Yappi

Never understood why Purdue didn't immediately go after a Big 12 pass-happy OC to replace Tiller. It's a niche that's unfilled in the Big Ten and made Purdue somewhat competitive over the years.
Old 09-21-17, 06:03 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Never understood why Purdue didn't immediately go after a Big 12 pass-happy OC to replace Tiller. It's a niche that's unfilled in the Big Ten and made Purdue somewhat competitive over the years.
A fairly local up and comer with Ohio recruiting connections and of course, the OSU connection. This was my meaning. This time they decided to be Purdue instead of a big 2 imitator.

Not sure really why Hazzell didn't make it as a B10 Head Coach. I think ultimately, you can't be an OSU imitator without OSU talent and Purdue is not going to get that. This time they got someone who is a little of-kilter in the head, a Tiller. Maybe a even better Tiller than Tiller (who I understand is having serious health issues: prayers).

Brohm though I suspect, won't be as content at Purdue as was Tiller. Purdue has decided to salary compete but Brohm's more looking towards NCs, so any chance to jump to a good Southern or West Coast recruiting team, he's gone.