Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-22-17, 07:42 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Dad View Post
I have nothing personal against him and I've watched him for the past five, and soon to be six years. My biggest problem with him is he has always viewed himself as more important than the team. When things start to go south, he always checks out. Since you seem to have a different opinion on this, I'm just curious if you could present some statistics or on field accomplishments to back your argument. He had the same measurables last year as he does now. While he looked great against Oak Hills, Middletown and Princeton he was way overmatched when it came to the good teams.
He didn’t start playing LB until Week 3. After that point, he averaged 7+ stops per game, including 12 tackles (8 solo) and a sack against Colerain. Things “went south” pretty much from the opening kickoff in that game. I’d hate to see the numbers he might have put up had he not “checked out.”

Seriously, watching Mason parents try and talk football is like watching plumbers trying to discuss astrophysics.
Old 07-22-17, 08:27 PM
Freshman

Julian and Ricky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
He didn’t start playing LB until Week 3. After that point, he averaged 7+ stops per game, including 12 tackles (8 solo) and a sack against Colerain. Things “went south” pretty much from the opening kickoff in that game. I’d hate to see the numbers he might have put up had he not “checked out.”

Seriously, watching Mason parents try and talk football is like watching plumbers trying to discuss astrophysics.
Typical Mason parent. This is just another guy who was never any good at sports and now he's trying to live his unrealized sports dreams through his kids who also aren't very good. The guy is just jealous of naturally gifted athletes and makes excuses about why they aren't good because him and his kids were never good.
Old 07-23-17, 07:29 AM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:

So, you'll argue what a great talent he is but then by your own admission his performance throughout the season was only average at best. I'd think he'd have a greater impact, but then I'm just a plumber. Give me Dan Bolden or a number of other LB's in the area over this lump any day!

My question is, what's he doing to your sister or daughter to warrant all the adoration?
Old 07-23-17, 11:27 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
So, you'll argue what a great talent he is but then by your own admission his performance throughout the season was only average at best.
Where exactly did I claim "what a great talent" he is? I clearly stated that he likely got his 5* based on his measurables. (which, FWIW, are not the same as last year...that's patently false)

Pretty obvious that you're not doing very well when you have to resort to making sht up.

You clearly asked for statistics, which you were given. He was the #1 or #2 statistical defensive player in every game he played...including the defensive player of the game for both teams against the league champion. This, after supposedly "checking out when things go south" as you erroneously claimed.

If you want to count that as "average at best," I'm happy to let you run with that, Sport.

Quote:
I'd think he'd have a greater impact, but then I'm just a plumber.
See above. Plumber might even be a tad generous here.

Quote:
Give me Dan Bolden or a number of other LB's in the area over this lump any day!
Your opinion is noted. Rest assured that anyone would likely be happy to take him over anyone from Mason.

Quote:
My question is, what's he doing to your sister or daughter to warrant all the adoration?
Not sure how simply refuting your dumb claims is "adoration," but okay.

Can't for the life of me figure out why everyone thinks most Mason parents/fans are such idiots. Weird.
Old 07-23-17, 02:32 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Why on earth is this being allowed to continue being discussed on here? Calling out a specific kid in such a negative manner and discussing rumors anout grades should just simply not be acceptable.
Old 07-23-17, 02:46 PM
All Region

Comet Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Where exactly did I claim "what a great talent" he is? I clearly stated that he likely got his 5* based on his measurables. (which, FWIW, are not the same as last year...that's patently false)

Pretty obvious that you're not doing very well when you have to resort to making sht up.

You clearly asked for statistics, which you were given. He was the #1 or #2 statistical defensive player in every game he played...including the defensive player of the game for both teams against the league champion. This, after supposedly "checking out when things go south" as you erroneously claimed.

If you want to count that as "average at best," I'm happy to let you run with that, Sport.

See above. Plumber might even be a tad generous here.

Your opinion is noted. Rest assured that anyone would likely be happy to take him over anyone from Mason.

Not sure how simply refuting your dumb claims is "adoration," but okay.

Can't for the life of me figure out why everyone thinks most Mason parents/fans are such idiots. Weird.
As we will never agree on this matter I will walk away and let it go. Obviously, you are close minded about his positives as I am about his negatives. The coming season will determine who the idiot is. So let the games begin.
Old 07-23-17, 06:58 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As we will never agree on this matter I will walk away and let it go. Obviously, you are close minded about his positives as I am about his negatives. The coming season will determine who the idiot is. So let the games begin.
Pretty sure your idiocy has already been settled
Old 07-25-17, 06:05 AM
All Ohio

CincyIllinifan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kballer View Post
Why on earth is this being allowed to continue being discussed on here? Calling out a specific kid in such a negative manner and discussing rumors anout grades should just simply not be acceptable.
Agree - there's no reason to call out individual players. Regardless of rumors, size, etc., these are still just 15-18 year old kids.
Old 07-25-17, 07:14 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Ok so getting back on topic here's what the thread has called out so far:

* Colerain still rules the roost until proven otherwise and they are a lock to win another GMC title and storm into the playoffs.

* Mason & Fairfield look to battle it out for 2nd place with both having decent shots at making the playoffs.

So my first question is who are the dark horse teams that will surprise us all. Lakota East has been mentioned. Are there others? I'm thinking Lakota West & Princeton.

My second question is how many teams from the GMC will make the playoffs this year. I'm thinking 4.
Old 07-25-17, 09:10 AM
All Ohio

middiemagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
uh, this is one of many unfortunately, very gifted athletes who have trouble with authority and life skills. Wish him the best. There is no question this kid is physically amazing.
You really shouldn't say anything about a kid's character if you don't know him. He's actually well mannered and thoughtful, but you want to make disparaging comments because it suits your narrative.
Old 07-25-17, 06:05 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by middiemagic View Post
You really shouldn't say anything about a kid's character if you don't know him. He's actually well mannered and thoughtful, but you want to make disparaging comments because it suits your narrative.
Uh actually you are right, but it has been my experience that kids who jump from school to school have a lot of problems. As I said before I only hope for the best for this kid. Didn't mean to disparage anybody, but the fact is this kid is jumping school to school for some reason. This player has unbelievable talent.
Old 07-26-17, 07:32 PM
All Yappi

A bit off topic but since this kid was on the all GMC team only last year:

http://spartanavenue.com/2017/07/25/...scott-starter/

It looks like true freshman Josiah Scott from Fairfield will be a starting corner back for Michigan State this year. That's very impressive if you ask me!
Old 07-26-17, 07:43 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post

It looks like true freshman Josiah Scott from Fairfield will be a starting corner back for Michigan State this year. That's very impressive if you ask me!
Uh, beyond impressive almost unbelievable. I think a lot of schools backed off on him because of his size.Uh I think a lot of schools will be sorry.
Old 07-26-17, 08:14 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Here's a feature on Josiah Scott from last week ...

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/c...VHKwS4Bs0P8YJ/
Old 07-26-17, 08:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Here's a feature on Josiah Scott from last week ...

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/c...VHKwS4Bs0P8YJ/
Great article SWOG! It's impressive the kid has a 3.5 GPA after enrolling early at Michigan State.
Old 07-26-17, 08:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, beyond impressive almost unbelievable. I think a lot of schools backed off on him because of his size.Uh I think a lot of schools will be sorry.
Oh I suspect they will be VERY sorry. But that's life & football.

As an aside, you know you're dealing with a high character kid when his first two offers are from Army & Navy (from the Journal News article)!
Old 07-28-17, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
I went ahead and renamed this thread the "Official" GMC 2017 Thread. Let's keep our weekly discussions and game predictions to this thread. There aren't so many of us that it will become unruly. They do this on the basketball board every year and it seems to work well.

We are 2 weeks away from first scrimmages...why don't we start with posting scrimmage schedules.

For the 18-time GMC Champion Colerain Cardinals
Sat 8/12 vs. Moeller, 10AM
Fri 8/18 vs. Princeton, 7PM

-CardinalsFan
Old 07-28-17, 03:54 PM
All Yappi

Fairfield scrimmages:

8/12: Wayne & Springboro
8/18: Hamilton

Here's a facebook post by Mike Dyer on a FF football practice he recently attended:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wcpo...3691886925450/

Miscellaneous Item:

They have torn down the old Freshman & Elementary schools in front of the stadium on route 4 and have completed the new elementary school. The net effect is that a whole lot of new parking has opened up. This should go a long way towards alleviating the parking issues at the stadium.
Old 07-29-17, 11:19 AM
All American

Hamilton

Big Blue building toward consistent success

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...nG48p6XWNmbNO/
Old 07-29-17, 01:25 PM
All Region

vikes 87 is on a distinguished road
.500 Year for the vikings maybe 6-4 we shall see, very young with good numbers lots of athletes . both lines will need some help with numbers and size . just my views from the side of the road .
Old 07-31-17, 03:02 PM
Freshman

Ginger_jesus is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=4old2retired0baller;6760023]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
No shame in a 5-7 record against a 3-time state champion with 3,000 boys and college level facilities.

One would have to ask why St. Xavier EVER loses to a school like Colerain? :shrug

St X would lose to colerain because they both partake in some rather shady recruitment techniques. In no way am I agreeing with these users and their Lakota east rabble rousing, however, I don't see why anybody would ever make an excuse for losing. Btw sick emoji
HER WE GO WITH THE Colerain RECRUITING GARBAGE....name a kid on this team that was "recruited". Just admit, the program is better than ANY other in the GMC, as good as any in the GCL and ANY other league in the state. The kids work their off to play on that team and to call them cheaters is absurd!!!
Old 07-31-17, 04:26 PM
All American

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Colerain
Fairfield
Mason
West
Sycamore
Hamilton
Princeton
Oak Hills
East
Middletown
Old 07-31-17, 07:01 PM
All American

Middletown

Middies eager to move forward after 0-10 season

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...CGALuOcTDqKLL/
Old 07-31-17, 07:31 PM
Colerain Booster

Honor&Glory is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Honor&Glory
In honor of my departed friend, LCD,

"YOU SUCK, COX!"

Old 07-31-17, 11:05 PM
All Ohio

coletrain06
anybody attend any 7 on 7's?

I'm interested in the Colerain/Elder 7 on 7 from last week
Old 08-01-17, 07:04 AM
This is the year

gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ok so getting back on topic here's what the thread has called out so far:

* Colerain still rules the roost until proven otherwise and they are a lock to win another GMC title and storm into the playoffs.

* Mason & Fairfield look to battle it out for 2nd place with both having decent shots at making the playoffs.

So my first question is who are the dark horse teams that will surprise us all. Lakota East has been mentioned. Are there others? I'm thinking Lakota West & Princeton.

My second question is how many teams from the GMC will make the playoffs this year. I'm thinking 4.
I think Colerain is far from a lock this year. They suffered some heavy losses on the defensive side of the ball including their entire D1 defensive backfield.
Old 08-01-17, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
I think Colerain is far from a lock this year. They suffered some heavy losses on the defensive side of the ball including their entire D1 defensive backfield.
For Colerain, it's all going to be about line play. The OL replaces 4 starters and the DL needs some beef. When it's all said and done...Ivan Pace Jr. will lead the GMC in sacks this season. Best defender that no one is talking about.

Syncere Jones
JJ Davis
Deonte Smith

Going to be fun to watch this offense work this year...assuming Gunnar can stay healthy and productive at the QB position.

-CardinalsFan
Old 08-01-17, 12:07 PM
All American

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
Question: If the two Lakota coaches were on the same staff would they be better or even less productive?
Old 08-01-17, 06:22 PM
Freshman

Ginger_jesus is on a distinguished road
Colerain O-line is going to be fine. They are BIG!!! Offense will score a lot of points, question is, how many will the defense give up...
Old 08-01-17, 07:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
On paper you may be right gocards but this isn't the first time in Colerain's GMC domination run that the Card's looked vulnerable. My gut is that like those past years, this year Bolden & Company will have the Cardinal's at the top of the GMC standings when all is said & done.

Now that's not to say that others aren't closing the gap. Both Fairfield & Mason should have strong teams this year and last season Sycamore showed that a GMC team not named "Colerain" could make noise in the playoffs. My sense is that over the next couple of years the fight for the top spot in the GMC will be a lot more competitive then in the past.