Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Old 10-30-12, 07:51 PM
Freshman

E C O L Girls Basketball

Who will be teams and players that excell in the league.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-12, 05:53 PM
All District

big school will be dover zanesville and marietta fighting for the top spot.small school river view and rosecrans for top spot.new phila is young only 2 seniors left from a 7th grade team that had 14 on it.sad to see this these girls were good in jr high
Old 11-27-12, 05:54 PM
All District

players to watch are monacco from dover daugherty from river view and dawson from marietta.if you get a chance go watch her she is amazing
Old 11-27-12, 10:29 PM
Junior Varsity

League should be very balanced no one team will be dominate in the big school division. Agree on Zanesville, Dover and Marietta as your top teams in the big school division. New Phila can beat anyone on any given night as well, with Glazer, Demattio, Carter, Moreland, to name a few. Dover has Monoco and Sarah Dummermuth as well as a very promising Freshman in Olivia Belknap who scored 19 in her first varsity game last night in there win over Canton South "Monoco never played due to an injury not quite sure how long she will be out. Do not know alot about the small school division besides River View being Good as well as Roscrans. Should make for a very interesting league this year.
Old 11-28-12, 12:55 AM
All Yappi

Send a message via AIM to MCGal
If the girl from Marietta is the one who played for MOV Extreme, she is well worth the 'price of admission'.... she's def entertaining to watch play the game.
Old 11-28-12, 07:56 AM
All American

Don't know if New Phila had a off night shooting Monday...but they have to shoot better from the outside to make a run at the ECOL
Old 11-28-12, 12:29 PM
All District

phila doesnt have much in way of outside shooting glazer and demattio will hit some but not to many outside shooters
Old 11-28-12, 01:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Does Marietta have anything else to go with there tremendous player? This could be a key in whether they can win the Big School Division. Dover has Mariaha Monoco, Sarah Dummermuth, and Olivia Belknap all of which can score the key for Dover is depth. they also played another freshman quite a bite in there opener. New Phila can be dangerous if there outside player 's Glazer and Demattion are on Zanesville I heard is pretty good as well. heard from a West Holmes parent at work that they played very well against them in a scrimmage. What I feel and just an opionion is that the big school division is wide open. and could end up in a tie again this year.
Just a prediction:
1) Dover
2) Zanesville
3) Marietta
4) New Phila
5)Cambridge

any of the top three could finish in any order though
Old 11-28-12, 03:10 PM
All District

we will find out if marietta has more then dawson tomarrow as np goes there.i have to agree with your picks.the top 3 can flip flop.

Last edited by bigal : 11-29-12 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-29-12, 10:57 PM
All District

well yep all marietta has is dawson.she had all but 20 of the teams point and in hit a game winning three with 1.2 sec to go.phila played a hell of a game.had 3 girls in double figures.well lets see what claymont has saturday
Old 11-30-12, 12:20 PM
Junior Varsity

Youth really showed last night in the West Holmes blow out of Dover. Things will get better for the Tornades with Monoco back next week. They did a very good job of keeping the ball out of the freshman point guards hands the whole game by face guarding and double teaming her at times. West Holmes is a very good team. Dover will get better and still believe they will be there in the end. It will take a very very good team to beat west holmes
Old 11-30-12, 01:34 PM
All District

one thing strange about marietta is they allow no water in the gym not even for the players.players must leave the gym to a small area off the gym to get water.to me this is absolutly crazy.come on its water.
Old 11-30-12, 02:58 PM
Junior Varsity

Are you kigging me how is a player supposed to get a drink during timeouts, this is ludacris and coaches should do something about it. Players should take water with them anyways they can not be thrown out by an official nor get a technical for getting a drink of water by the officials. Someone contact the ECOL commissioner about this and get it changed. I understand if it was gatorade but come on water!!!!!
Old 11-30-12, 05:56 PM
All District

yep the coaches for np were talking during the first time out turned around and team was off the bench getting water.both benches were set up this way.you mean they cant offord a rug to put under the water bottles.i will donate one to them.also what about sweat getting on floor i agree absolutly crazy i have never seen anything like it.but it is south of ir 70 so who knows
Old 11-30-12, 06:54 PM
All District

lets try to keep this topic goin all year.my daughter is a senior at np.
Old 12-02-12, 10:03 AM
All District

well we found out claymont doesnt have much.but they are pretty young.np started real slow but eventually got it goin
Old 12-03-12, 02:02 PM
Junior Varsity

We will find out tonight how the Lady Tornadoes bounce back from there thursday night drubbing by West Holmes as they travel to Zanesville Maysville for a non conference game. Have been told Monoco will play so this should be alot better game for the tornadoes timne will tell...
Old 12-03-12, 08:49 PM
All District

good luck to the tornadoes
Old 12-04-12, 12:31 PM
Junior Varsity

Wink

Dover needs to get some things corrected quickly, turning the ball over 44 times is beyond exceptable. The players need to start playing the game how they have been taught to play it. Youth is really showing on this team the more I thought about this game on the way home last night there startinglineup last night consisted of the following:
2 Freshman = No real Varsity Experience
2 Seniors = Not starters last year and little varsity experience
1 Letter Winner only one in line up with experience
** Monoco did not start played very limited **
This really equal youth and not much experience, maybe as Monoco gets back into playing shape the season will change as adding another experienced player to the mix will help cut the turnovers down and the youngsters will start playing like they know what they are doing and become more comforatable with 2 veterans on the court with them.
I have not lost hope in this group as there are some talented kids on this team and have hope they will get things going in the right direction before it i to late, the season isn't lost and they have there first league game on saturday against Cambridge the league starts for them fresh on saturday.
Old 12-04-12, 08:33 PM
All District

wow 44 to thats alot.think they will be turning it around saturday.we get to go to rv saturday that should be interesting.who are the 2 seniors that didnt start last year.im assuming the letter winner is the dummermuth girl
Old 12-04-12, 09:57 PM
Freshman

Dover needs Monoco just for leadership, skill wise they looked overmatched against WH ...hopefully it gets better for them
Old 12-04-12, 10:25 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal View Post
wow 44 to thats alot.think they will be turning it around saturday.we get to go to rv saturday that should be interesting.who are the 2 seniors that didnt start last year.im assuming the letter winner is the dummermuth girl
Walker and Currey, they both played very little. Told tonight Monoco should be able to play alot more on saturday. Good Luck against West M tomorrow and River View on Saturday, River View also has a good one tomorrow as well they play Garaway.
Old 12-04-12, 10:32 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Base-ball View Post
Dover needs Monoco just for leadership, skill wise they looked overmatched against WH ...hopefully it gets better for them
Would absolutley agree they looked over matched against west holmes the pressure really hurt them, I must say maysville looked pretty quick last night as well but alot of there turnovers were unforced turnovers and that really hurts a young team. As I have heard from many a coach before. "the seasons not a sprint but a marathon take things slow and good things will take care of themselves, learn from your mistakes correct these mistakes and move forward don't dwell on the past"
Old 12-09-12, 04:38 PM
Junior Varsity

Dover took another on the chin yesterday. I was totally disappointed with quite a few things I saw yesterday. Oh were to start? First trying to break a press by throwing the ball into half court 75% of the time setting no screens to get anyone open. Then my favorite down 10 at halftime go on a 8 point run to start the second half getting down to 2 points and then subbing the entire starting 5 out of the game 3 minutes into the second half and then not having all of them on the court again till the last 4 minutes of the game down double figures again I know she is a Hiland grad but you can not play Hiland style of basketball with these girls not at this time. If they want to win they need to play the players who can get this done and keep it at this. If not this will be a very long season for the Dover girls program. You have a All Ohioan player and she is on the bench more than she is on the floor. The players are afraid to shoot the ball or they get taken out if they do. We try to start an offense at the 28 foot line and our guard seem to be told not to penetrate against anyone. Best way I can put this is we are not Hiland nor will we ever be. Hopefully things get corrected very soon to me this seems very unacceptable with what they had coming back. Here's to the next game against Northwest on Wednesday night...
Old 12-09-12, 09:21 PM
Junior Varsity

Cambridge will be a good match up for NP they only have 9 players they will spread you out and look for the advantage on the inside. Very well coached team. Dover should of won this game but like I said a very inexperienced coach and not knowing how to adjust on the run will not win many games. I am really disappointed in things so far this season. If my memory serves me right I would say Monoco maybe shot the ball 7 to 10 times and while she was in the game seems to me she is in the coaches doghouse or something when I stated she didn't even play half the game she might of played a quarter and a half at best. Until Dover's new coach learns she does not have the depth to play Hiland's style of Basketball it will be a long season. As I see it last years style wasn't to bad play with the horses you have and use them. I am still racking my brain as to why you put all of your starters on the bench at the same time when they finally started playing as a team to start the second half and have things going the right direction. As I see it "Though I am Not the Coach though" she can win some games if she plays with her starters and maybe using 2 bench players for some rest for the starters but not substituting 3 or more players at a time. Dover does have the talent to compete in this conference race but will not with the way the coach is trying to play them, I do not look for them to win 6 or 7 games if she continues to play this style. As someone said yesterday at the game "Until she realizes we are not Hiland we will not win and we will not ever be Hiland because the girls play other sports and will not commit to just Basketball" Sorry to hear about your brother in laws passing and my prayers go out to you and your family. Good luck this week in your games and to here's to both teams getting back on track.
Old 12-10-12, 08:18 PM
All District

thanks bbtime really appreciate that.we will see you the 22nd in dover.might be like watchin paint dry.lol.good luck this week
Old 12-10-12, 10:06 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigal View Post
thanks bbtime really appreciate that.we will see you the 22nd in dover.might be like watchin paint dry.lol.good luck this week
you and the lady quackers as well except the dover game lol!!!!
Old 12-13-12, 12:14 PM
Junior Varsity

Dover Girls got back on track last night in beating C.F. Northwest 50 to 33 score was closer than should of been though. Played very sluggish in the third quarter and let them get back into it before they took the game over in the last couple of minutes of the third and held Northwest to 3 points the last 10 minutes of the game. Monoco played more last night but can still tell she is a little hobbled witht the leg but starting to get back into Basketball shape. Dover was lead in scoring by there Freshman point guard with 16 points and Monoco with 13. We will soon see if the confidence is back on saturday as they host Marietta. They looked very good in the second quarter with good ball movement and very few turnovers which had hurt them in previous games they were very good with the ball last night. Hope there junior post player Olivia Kinsey is back soon she left the game with a Leg injury that someone was saying was a possible broken bone in the leg. Hope she is ok and able to play by the end of the season, she is a very valuable bench player for the Lady Tornadoes.
Old 12-13-12, 09:47 PM
Junior Varsity

Bigal - got a report from the Carrollton ?
Saw the score , not any info .
Old 12-15-12, 05:45 PM
All District

np got a win today against cambridge 51 37 good all round outing.the difference today we attacked the basket and were aggressive.next week at zanesville and saturday that team across the river.lol.