Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Notices

Old 10-15-12, 10:45 AM
All World

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
(6-2) Waynesville at (6-2) Milton-Union; SWBL Buckeye Title Match

After a stunning loss to a very talented Dixie team, Milton-Union tries to regroup and face a Waynesville team that beat the Dogs twice in 2011, once in the regular season (49-21) and then in the playoffs (21-17).

Waynesville comes in off of a blistering performance against Northridge in which the Spartans scored 75 points. They also scored 89 vs. Preble Shawnee this season.
Everyone looking for a drop-off in talent by the Spartans after last year's 10-0 playoff season was wrong. These Spartans can ruin Milton's season again with a win at West Milton.
The Buckeye is a log jam with Dixie, Milton, Carlisle and Waynesville all sporting 1-loss in league play. All of these teams are currently 6-2, with Dixie and Carlisle scheduled to meet up next week in New Lebanon. This week is Milton and Waynesville's turn.
Waynesville's defeats are at the hands of Clinton Massie and Carlisle. Milton lost to Tipp City and Dixie.
Milton beat Carlisle and Waynesville beat Dixie. So this game will come down to who wants it more.
Milton will be licking it's wounds after the loss to Dixie, can they regroup? Can they overcome the odds? Will Waynesville waltz into Memorial Stadium in West Milton and rain on MU's parade again?

Thoughts? Predicitons?

My personal Prediction:
Milton-Union 45, Waynesville 42
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-12, 03:55 PM
All Ohio

falconbird66
i thought the Bulldogs needed to win out to make the playoffs. kind of surprised they lost at home even though it was a very good Dixie team. i think losing to Waynesville will put them out of the POs. they had a advantageous home schedule in conf. play this year but you have to win these games when your at home.
Old 10-15-12, 07:25 PM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
We need Waynesville to win...sorry Bless. We need those points!
Old 10-15-12, 08:37 PM
All District

wholetruth is on a distinguished road
was told that MU had some key injuries going into the Dixie game last week....any truth to that?
Old 10-16-12, 06:24 AM
All Ohio

Duluoz
Milton regroups and runs it down Waynesville's throat. I still can't believe they (Waynesville) put 89 on Shawnee. Up 42-0 in the 2nd quarter and still throwing deep. That to me is bad sportsmanship. Even if they have a grudge against Shawnee's coach, those Preble boys didn't deserve that.

Milton 52 Waynesville 49

Last edited by Duluoz; 10-16-12 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: clarification
Old 10-16-12, 08:47 AM
All World

There was one key player out but overall, Dixie just played a good game. Can't take anything away from the Hounds. CHS, I hear ya and don't blame you. It will come down to either Milton or Carlisle making it into the playoffs after this game. MU needed to beat Dixie, that was a bigger game than I think many thought.
Waynesville scored 89 on Shawnee and 75 on Northridge. MU scored 61 on Shawnee by mainly running the ball and starting JV players from the first down. Scoring 89 on a team takes some "effort", in my opinion. 75 on 'Ridge was possible, MU did it a couple of years ago with mainly JV players scoring. But 89?
Carlisle's defeat of Waynesville tells me more than those two games combined. Not sure how they beat Dixie 42-6.
Should be a great game in Milton.
Old 10-16-12, 09:53 AM
All Region

tonka
I am taking Waynesville 35-28.
Old 10-16-12, 11:29 AM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
The Carlisle Waynesville game was not that close. Carlisle shot themselves in the foot on 2 overthrown balls for easy touchdowns. Carlisle dropped a touchdown in the endzone wide open as well.

We left 21 points out there that night. Carlisle held Waynesville to 99 total yards in that game. I expect us to win out. No reason why we can't. I believe we get in at that #8 spot and play CM in first round lol. No SWBL team wants to play these guys believe me lol.
Old 10-16-12, 12:08 PM
Junior Varsity

BOOM is on a distinguished road
Waynesville vs. Preble Shawnee - Was 56 - 0 at the half, then was rain delayed, PS coach insisted on finishing the game the next day and succeeded in teaching his boys that they would have got beat by the Waynesville JV and Freshman team also.

Dixie got beat that badly by Waynesville because Dixie was just not that good. Guess we just keep catching them on their "off night" (every year)

Carlisle game was that close because both teams played poorly - Waynesville also dropped no less than two TD passes dropped that night - both teams walked away feeling they had not played well and both teams were correct - if either team plays well it never goes to OT

MU/BEA, no idea what happened last week but I suspect the one injury played a part and possibly the boys were already looking past Dixie to this week? Can't imagine after all the MU hype that Dixie actually matched up with you. I guess Dixie's game with Carlisle will make it clear if Dixie is any good or MU completely just dropped the ball? IF Dixie can win or give Carlisle a good game then maybe we can narrow it down to they just have a weakness for Spartans?

Should be a good game this week. Both teams have everything on the line with a share of the league title all but guaranteed to the winner as well as a play-off berth locked. MU clearly has a chip on their shoulder for Waynesville after at least three losses in a row. I would have maybe given the edge to MU this year had it not been for the loss to Dixie last week? (nah)

Make it four 4 in a row - Spartans win again.....
Old 10-16-12, 07:05 PM
All Ohio

Duluoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
Waynesville vs. Preble Shawnee - Was 56 - 0 at the half, then was rain delayed, PS coach insisted on finishing the game the next day and succeeded in teaching his boys that they would have got beat by the Waynesville JV and Freshman team also.

Dixie got beat that badly by Waynesville because Dixie was just not that good. Guess we just keep catching them on their "off night" (every year)

Carlisle game was that close because both teams played poorly - Waynesville also dropped no less than two TD passes dropped that night - both teams walked away feeling they had not played well and both teams were correct - if either team plays well it never goes to OT

MU/BEA, no idea what happened last week but I suspect the one injury played a part and possibly the boys were already looking past Dixie to this week? Can't imagine after all the MU hype that Dixie actually matched up with you. I guess Dixie's game with Carlisle will make it clear if Dixie is any good or MU completely just dropped the ball? IF Dixie can win or give Carlisle a good game then maybe we can narrow it down to they just have a weakness for Spartans?

Should be a good game this week. Both teams have everything on the line with a share of the league title all but guaranteed to the winner as well as a play-off berth locked. MU clearly has a chip on their shoulder for Waynesville after at least three losses in a row. I would have maybe given the edge to MU this year had it not been for the loss to Dixie last week? (nah)

Make it four 4 in a row - Spartans win again.....
When it was 49-0 in the 2nd quarter, Waynesville had all starters in and still threw the ball deep. In my opinion, very bad sportsmanship. And maybe Shawnee's coach was teaching his players to not give up, no matter how bad you are getting beat.
Old 10-16-12, 07:28 PM
All Ohio

FrogBear59 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluoz View Post
When it was 49-0 in the 2nd quarter, Waynesville had all starters in and still threw the ball deep. In my opinion, very bad sportsmanship. And maybe Shawnee's coach was teaching his players to not give up, no matter how bad you are getting beat.
I agree. Nothing wrong with teaching kids to finish what you started no matter the situation. To me if they didn't finish the game it sends the message that he is giving up on them.
Old 10-16-12, 08:06 PM
All District

WISHBONE14 is on a distinguished road
waynesville is always good at having bad sportsmanship...........mu in a close one..........20~18...
Old 10-17-12, 08:40 AM
All World

Boom, you keep making an issue about MU losing to Dixie but we did go to Carlisle and beat a VERY good Carlisle team by 9. So, I guess that doesn't tell the story as much as MU losing to Dixie? Confused. Waynesville is just another game to Milton's boys. Tipp City is the their "big" game every year. Losing three in a row to Waynesville is a big deal. It would be to any program.
All the hype around Milton? There has been no hype, just excitement at what their potential is. Waynesville did the same thing last year and look what happened, you won the league.
Waynesville will get 110% of Milton this week. Dixie was not a bad team, maybe they played bad vs. Waynesville but they are not "bad".

Good luck this week. Should be a great game.
Old 10-17-12, 08:54 PM
All Ohio

VVSpartanalum is on a distinguished road
I am gonna go with the DAWGS in this one... MU is a very physical football team that can run the ball and plays solid on D. MU is at home they know they have the league and a playoff spot on the line there is no way they drop two in a row at home. Waynesville got the benefit of playing a very good Dixie team right after a huge rivalry game against Brookville, that game took alot out of Dixie physically and emotionally. Milton comes out Friday and gets a huge win. Cant wait to see MU in the playoffs
Old 10-18-12, 07:41 AM
All World

Bryan...being a MU Football player means that you are in an elite group that includes two College Football Hall of Fame inductees, NFL players, college coaches, etc. It's not just another game, this is what Milton Football lives for. Win or lose, you give 110 percent and leave it on the field, and do it with class. Trash talking on the field is just not the Milton way. Keep it real, keep it clean, and make sure they remember Milton for quite some time. They have a great Qb, great receivers, and a good defense. The QB can throw that ball a mile while on the run. Just listen to the coaches and play with your heart. Can't lose if you do that. Good luck young man. All of the former MU players are behind you guys. 17 league titles didn't just happen...they were earned. I tend to like 1241 instead of 1141. There is a 12th man behind you guys and that is tradition and all of the former players before you. So 1241!
Old 10-18-12, 08:21 AM
All Ohio

AHS2007 is on a distinguished road
I like the dawgs in this one. I believe it will be close though. 35-28
Old 10-18-12, 12:21 PM
All District

wholetruth is on a distinguished road
I like MU in this one as well. I think Pearce will have his team ready...especially after not showing up vs Dixie.

Not sure what qb Blessem is talking about....Wville qb is completing 42% of his passes. I believe he was 5/24 vs Carlisle. He's gonna be good, but needs to improve his accuracy and consistency.
Old 10-18-12, 06:58 PM
All District

ssvt is on a distinguished road
Wow, big Friday night in the SWBL. Both Divisions will most likely have their champs decided by the end of the night.

Good Luck DAWGS!
Go Blue!
Old 10-19-12, 09:26 PM
All Ohio

falconbird66
Bless, your Bulldogs came back. Bulldogs 37 Spartans 34
Old 10-19-12, 09:35 PM
All World

SWBL Champions. That is Milton's 18th league title. Alter lost to Fenwick. So Fenwick is a lock in R 16.
Old 10-20-12, 05:34 AM
Junior Varsity

srv1 is on a distinguished road
blessem.....don't engrave that trophy yet. Carlisle and Dixie are setting at the same league record as MU. Whoever wins the Dixe/Carlisle game will have a one loss record in the SWBL. I have no doubt that MU will beat the 'Ridge, but they will share a title with one other team.
Old 10-20-12, 10:30 AM
All World

Yea, but its still a Buckeye Division title.
Old 10-20-12, 11:14 AM
All Ohio

VVSpartanalum is on a distinguished road
Back up the truck! If Dixie wins next week agaisnt Carlisle Dixie will end with the same record and a win against Milton. Wont that give Dixie the Buckeye Divison Title because of the head to head win against Milton? If Dixie Wins next Friday they will be the BUCKEYE DIVISON champions!
Old 10-20-12, 12:40 PM
Freshman

kina75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Bryan...being a MU Football player means that you are in an elite group that includes two College Football Hall of Fame inductees, NFL players, college coaches, etc. It's not just another game, this is what Milton Football lives for. Win or lose, you give 110 percent and leave it on the field, and do it with class. Trash talking on the field is just not the Milton way. Keep it real, keep it clean, and make sure they remember Milton for quite some time. They have a great Qb, great receivers, and a good defense. The QB can throw that ball a mile while on the run. Just listen to the coaches and play with your heart. Can't lose if you do that. Good luck young man. All of the former MU players are behind you guys. 17 league titles didn't just happen...they were earned. I tend to like 1241 instead of 1141. There is a 12th man behind you guys and that is tradition and all of the former players before you. So 1241!
"...do it with class. Trash talking on the field is just not the Milton way." Based on the actions after the game, especially for adults talking trash to high school kids, this "Milton way" has changed a bit.
Old 10-20-12, 12:54 PM
All Region

dograt
VVSpartanalum
there is no tie-breaker. MU (with a win over 'ridge) will share the league title with the winner of the Carlisle-Dixie game.
Old 10-20-12, 12:54 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by kina75 View Post
"...do it with class. Trash talking on the field is just not the Milton way." Based on the actions after the game, especially for adults talking trash to high school kids, this "Milton way" has changed a bit.
Waynesville is fully aware of how to trash talk and put on a show. The whole dancing thing before the game was interesting. Congrats Milton. Dixie has the head to head but its about wins and losses. MU and Dixie would each have a loss in division play. MU AND Dixie would share.
But MU has to beat Northridge and Dixie has to beat Carlisle.
Old 10-21-12, 09:46 PM
Freshman

Tubalsept12 is on a distinguished road
Okay, on a real note..Lets talk about how bad Milton Union's Berine was at the end of the game.