Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-12, 09:54 PM
Like Sunday Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon View Post
Was young Mr. Athie there at Lockland? I don't think so.
Actually, Athie was at Lockland today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagicRon
Mr. Wedlock? Word is that its a good chance the Wedlock won't make the WW varsity ballclub. And with him being a Senior, he can't play JV. Which means he could be getting a visit from the turk. He may want to get serious and get in the weightroom and to workouts with the rest of the WW hoopsters.
I told you so.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-12, 02:59 AM
All American

yes you did ;;big e was right
Old 08-23-12, 04:00 PM
Build it, they will come.

I heard on the street that Lockland's BOE is meeting tonight to determine if they can the basketball program and start a water polo team instead. They would play their games in the Millcreek.
Old 08-23-12, 05:22 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
I heard on the street that Lockland's BOE is meeting tonight to determine if they can the basketball program and start a water polo team instead. They would play their games in the Millcreek.
This is true Moe Dude! And I also heard that sexy Misty is going to be the new head coach and we get to see her in a swim suit !
Who needs "DJ" when we got "DD's"....lol.
Old 08-24-12, 02:51 AM
All American

hell no ;;; ''too funny ; i might get jealous ???we could play the lockton water polo team vs the ccd crew team on the mill creeck ;then hit the lockton bar and grill for some post game party ??? i was just dreaming of misty and me chasing dave bartlow down the street and i was yelling ;;''; stop scrubbing things in lockton ??? dave is the new elem .principal . replacing sexy michelle .. dave , dont get hurt playing tetter ball . ha ha ??
Old 08-24-12, 09:23 AM

Well they did have a meeting last night but they were too busy firing the Super and her son so they didn't reach an agreement on the water polo team.

Lockland BOE fires Superintendent and her son!

I guess this means Stu won't be the new head basketball coach
Old 08-24-12, 11:32 AM
Like Sunday Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Well they did have a meeting last night but they were too busy firing the Super and her son so they didn't reach an agreement on the water polo team.

Lockland BOE fires Superintendent and her son!

I guess this means Stu won't be the new head basketball coach
Hell yeah! SUH-WEET! Good riddance to both!
Old 08-24-12, 12:46 PM
All American

nope; the water polo team got tabled ; but they did rip the ccd crew team for illegally practicing on the millcreeck ; some folks believe that howard was coaching crew and holding open creeck ;; after he used his 10 days . they discussed ccd holding an unfair advantage over the lockton famed WATER POLO TEAM . LETS SEE HOW THIS SHAKES OUT . a lot of folks want dave bartlow gone ??? they believe he s the one that dropped the soap in the shower while scrubbing ??ha ha play misty for me ;; misty ; what goes around comes a round .
Old 08-24-12, 05:00 PM
All World

eez,
what is wrong with a board of education that puts school problems ahead of hiring a basketball coach? they need to get their priorities straight. you need to attend the next board meeting with your posse, mvc, and peterson and set them straight.
Old 08-24-12, 08:33 PM
Like Sunday Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker View Post
eez,
what is wrong with a board of education that puts school problems ahead of hiring a basketball coach? they need to get their priorities straight. you need to attend the next board meeting with your posse, mvc, and peterson and set them straight.
Will do.
Old 08-25-12, 03:45 PM
All American

EAZZY , TURN OUT THE LIGHTS ; THE HOOP PARTY S OVER ?? WHO WOULD WANT THIS JOB .NOW ????
Old 08-28-12, 02:03 PM
Varsity

Red face Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eezy as 123 View Post
Officially?
I thought he would have stayed at lockland with you eazy, his biggest fan!!! You probabley should coach the team yourself, i remember last year you went all in on summits kevin johnson well see how karma works, and the kid KJ is still working hard!!!!!!Don't you just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!I do!!!!!!!!!!!!SSSSSCCCCDDDD!!!!!
Old 08-28-12, 02:12 PM
Varsity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acjXQfOTEuE (Kevin Johnson) Plays with DJ and (Kevin Johnson) took care of his business!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-12, 02:19 PM
Varsity

Hard Work

Quote:
Hard work pays off. Athie is a good example.
Hard work does pay off, read this and he's still working!!!!!!!!!http://cincinnati.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1372845
only for eazy's eye's!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-12, 06:14 PM
Like Sunday Morning

You alright, 411?
Old 08-29-12, 11:33 AM
All American

eazzy, turn out the lights the hoop party s over ??? its warm at the castle . come in out of the cold , and back your silver knights , eazzy your going to hate lockland getting pounded ; it will be bad for your health . they still dont have a coach . thats shows you how little they care ; see you friday, to watch deer park get blasted .
Old 09-17-12, 07:19 AM
Like Sunday Morning

Welcome coach Vic Hunter and good luck this season!

Summit is by far the favorites this season and everyone else is playing for a distant #2 spot. With the exception of Summit, this is definitely a poor year for MVC basketball. I cannot believe what has happened at Lockland in 2012. It's been a terrible year. Lockland lost two starters to graduation (Avery Barnes and Mike Beasley), then they lose four more players who were or were going to be starters (D.J. Wingfield, Tyrell Gilbert, Dylan Wedlock, and Eric Robinson). The only good is that they received a decent transfer named, Shaq Athie (J), from Winton Woods. Hopefully, coach Hunter can bring in some troops for battle.

It's getting closer and closer to December.....
Old 09-17-12, 11:05 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Summit is by far the favorites this season and everyone else is playing for a distant #2 spot. With the exception of Summit, this is definitely a poor year for MVC basketball.
I'm not sold on Summit yet. This team is very good, and returns their two best players in Kevin Johnson and Antonio Woods, but before we start talking about repeating as State Champions there's a lot of questions to answer.

Holden Hertzel and Tommy Kreyenhagen will both be missed. Holden was the third best player last year, and the heart of the team in several games. Tommy was a four year contributor and stretched the floor.

We know what KJ and Woods will do, but with MaCio Teague ending up at Princeton instead of Summit, who will be that third guy to take them over the top?

Jake Rawlings, Joey Kreyenhagen and Mike Barwick are back and are all proven good role players. If Summit can get some inside presence from someone other then just Barwick then they'll be really good. Watch for senior forward Brett Teppi, he's going to have a chance to breakout this year like Hertzel did last year. We'll see if he takes advantage of it.

All that being said, Summit is the EASY choice for #1 in the MVC. But beyond that I think it is way to early to tell just how good this team can be.
Old 09-17-12, 11:47 AM
Like Sunday Morning

Oh wow, I didn't know Teague chose Princeton. What about the other player? How big is Teppe now?

I agree, it'll be a lot tougher to win state now without Hertzel, Kreyenhagen, and Teague.
Old 09-17-12, 11:55 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Oh wow, I didn't know Teague chose Princeton. What about the other player?
I did not know this about Teague either, that was pretty quiet.

What about the other guy Evan ?? that came back from Florida, did he stay at Summit
Old 09-17-12, 12:35 PM
All Region

Both players are still at summit . Agree too early to talk about state but not many teams in DIII are going to have one college DI guards, let alone three of them. They will still be nasty of the defensive end and will not play a team that is better coached either.
Old 09-17-12, 05:43 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by xubk View Post
Both players are still at summit . Agree too early to talk about state but not many teams in DIII are going to have one college DI guards, let alone three of them. They will still be nasty of the defensive end and will not play a team that is better coached either.
Bradley is a decent coach but nothing special. Don't make it sound like he is the best coach in Cincinnati. He had the most talent in every game he played last year other than the Taft game.
Old 09-17-12, 05:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
So is Teague at Summit or Princeton?
Old 09-17-12, 07:32 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFootball View Post
Bradley is a decent coach but nothing special. Don't make it sound like he is the best coach in Cincinnati. He had the most talent in every game he played last year other than the Taft game.
Never said he was the best coach in the city. But the teams with the best talent don't always win, and coaches can make good talent look even better. Also can't hold that against him when it comes to chances for repeating in DIII.

This is the type of response you get when a lowly school like summit dares to compete with the mighty GCL on the court and off for players. How dare they not just lay down!
Old 09-17-12, 07:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Never said he was the best coach in the city. But the teams with the best talent don't always win, and coaches can make good talent look even better. Also can't hold that against him when it comes to chances for repeating in DIII.

This is the type of response you get when a lowly school like summit dares to compete with the mighty GCL on the court and off for players. How dare they not just lay down!
I have no problem with Summit going out and "getting" players. Just saying X's and O's wise I have not been impressed with Bradley. Let's see what he can do after Johnson is gone.
Old 09-17-12, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFootball View Post
The Taft game was a good case of home cooking. Not sure Summit could have won on a neutral court but it would have been nice to see. The year before Summit took Taft to the last second in the Regional finals. So talent or not, playing that game at Taft was definitely a plus for Taft. I'd still like to know what the deal was with the courtside seats they brought in right before the game started.

As for Bradley, winning a state title in only his second year after taking the team to the Regional Final in his first year is pretty impressive. Sure time will tell if he develops even more but you don't win titles by talent alone.
Old 09-18-12, 09:43 AM
All World

the past teams at summit who went to the final four were loaded with recruits/transfers.
Old 09-18-12, 11:08 AM
All Region

The last time they made it before this year was 1980. Not sure how that applies 30 years later? They are loaded this year though no doubt.
Old 09-18-12, 11:59 AM
Varsity

Quote:

Only way Summit can dare to compete with the mighty GCL is to join the mighty GCL. Step up the recruiting a bit more and join the mighty GCL.
Old 09-18-12, 03:17 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk-I View Post
Only way Summit can dare to compete with the mighty GCL is to join the mighty GCL. Step up the recruiting a bit more and join the mighty GCL.
Never happen... they'd rather be the big fish in the little pond.
Closed Thread