Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Old 04-13-12, 06:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeRams2008 View Post
A small linebacker who can't get off blocks? No thanks. I'd take my chance on LaVonte David, who is smaller, but can get off blocks. Reminds some people of Derrick Brooks.
David will be a stud.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-12, 06:52 PM
All American

Send a message via MSN to Dover Dawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
Take Richardson at 4, a WR at 22 and then Weeden at 37. If Weeden isn't there at 37 then get someone later. The guy is 28 years old and not worth trading a ton of assets to acquire. I view the report of him being a 1st as highly suspect. I think he can easily be there at 37
Walterfootball has the Browns taking Brock Osweiler at 67, and I agree with that. No need to take Weeden at 37.
Old 04-13-12, 06:58 PM
All Yappi

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde..._about_fo.html
Old 04-13-12, 07:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
Makes ya wonder where the Browns first pick will be. I'm thinking no way they stay at 4.
Old 04-13-12, 07:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dover Dawg View Post
Makes ya wonder where the Browns first pick will be. I'm thinking no way they stay at 4.
If they could end up with two 1sts and three 2nd's with the ability to parlay a 2nd into a third 1st in a trade (back) up, that would be awesome.
Old 04-13-12, 07:41 PM
All World

Send a message via AIM to RidgeRams2008
Quote:
If they could end up with two 1sts and three 2nd's with the ability to parlay a 2nd into a third 1st in a trade (back) up, that would be awesome.
More picks the merrier in my opinion. As long as they have at least the 15th in the first.
Old 04-13-12, 07:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
More picks the merrier in my opinion. As long as they have at least the 15th in the first.
Six picks in the first 67 could add a WHOLE lot of talent.
Old 04-13-12, 08:32 PM
All World

Quote:
If we trade down I want DeCastro.
Old 04-14-12, 08:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Walterfootball has the Browns taking Brock Osweiler at 67, and I agree with that. No need to take Weeden at 37.
As an Arizona State alum, I watch a lot of their games. Oswelier has size and nice numbers and a soild arm. He will not, however, ever be more than a career back up in the NFL. Pass on him. Not a big fan of taking Weeden, either. Taking a QB just to take a QB is how Holmgren wound up with McCoy...over Heckert's recommendation to pass on Colt in the 3rd.
Old 04-14-12, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Disagree. I think it would add a whole lot of maybes; warm bodies that are better than what the Browns currently have, and if that isn't damning with faint praise, than nothing is. The "building through the draft" strategy borders on arrogance; that Holmgren/Heckert somehow know more than the rest of the GMs in the NFL to pick out those sleepers in the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds while the others squander their picks. There is sure-fire talent in the front end of this draft, and they're hinting about trading down out of the the top 10 to get more second rounders? That's freaking crazy. Stockpiling draft choices doesn't mean it equates to players who will help. Adding more late round picks doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence that they'll be able to make the team. You have a #4, a #22 and a #37 in your pocket right now. Those three picks will likely do more good for the Browns than the rest of the choices they'll get if they jettison the #4.

Frankly, I think the rumor about the Eagles trade-up is a load of garbage. It just doesn't make any sense for the Eagles to trade up that far for their quarterback of the future...their distant future (remember, Vick is signed for the next 6 years...if anything, I think they're targeting Claiborne to team with Asomugha). Plus, and more importantly to me, the Browns aren't getting nearly enough for the #4.

Last edited by bedevil : 04-14-12 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-14-12, 11:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
A He will not, however, ever be more than a career back up in the NFL.
The QB's that remain past RG3 will be nothing more than career back ups.
If they have to have one from this draft, like many think (for the sake of providing competition for McCoy mostly), best to get one late. 67 may be way to early to get one for that matter.
Old 04-14-12, 01:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The QB's that remain past RG3 will be nothing more than career back ups.
If they have to have one from this draft, like many think (for the sake of providing competition for McCoy mostly), best to get one late. 67 may be way to early to get one for that matter.
And why should Colt McCoy be GIVEN the job AGAIN? He's shown NOTHING to say he's EARNED it. A QB that late isn't going to provide any "competition." You're just handing that worthless scrub (backup QB) McCoy the job.
Old 04-14-12, 02:44 PM
All American

Quote:
And why should Colt McCoy be GIVEN the job AGAIN? He's shown NOTHING to say he's EARNED it. A QB that late isn't going to provide any "competition." You're just handing that worthless scrub (backup QB) McCoy the job.
Ask H&H those questions. If they decide to get one late, that is there decision, and I think that is what they will do, because they won't bring in a FA, and Tannehill shouldn't be as highly regarded as he is, so what are they left with? Taking one later, and hoping it pushes McCoy to improve, and whether he's earned it or not, they will go forward with the "scrub" until they get to pick from the next draft class of QB's.
Old 04-14-12, 02:46 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
Disagree. I think it would add a whole lot of maybes; warm bodies that are better than what the Browns currently have, and if that isn't damning with faint praise, than nothing is. The "building through the draft" strategy borders on arrogance; that Holmgren/Heckert somehow know more than the rest of the GMs in the NFL to pick out those sleepers in the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds while the others squander their picks. There is sure-fire talent in the front end of this draft, and they're hinting about trading down out of the the top 10 to get more second rounders? That's freaking crazy. Stockpiling draft choices doesn't mean it equates to players who will help. Adding more late round picks doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence that they'll be able to make the team. You have a #4, a #22 and a #37 in your pocket right now. Those three picks will likely do more good for the Browns than the rest of the choices they'll get if they jettison the #4.

Frankly, I think the rumor about the Eagles trade-up is a load of garbage. It just doesn't make any sense for the Eagles to trade up that far for their quarterback of the future...their distant future (remember, Vick is signed for the next 6 years...if anything, I think they're targeting Claiborne to team with Asomugha). Plus, and more importantly to me, the Browns aren't getting nearly enough for the #4.
Couldn't agree more. The Browns need playmakers.
Old 04-14-12, 02:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Ask H&H those questions. If they decide to get one late, that is there decision, and I think that is what they will do, because they won't bring in a FA, and Tannehill shouldn't be as highly regarded as he is, so what are they left with? Taking one later, and hoping it pushes McCoy to improve, and whether he's earned it or not, they will go forward with the "scrub" until they get to pick from the next draft class of QB's.
Tannehill's regarded as a late first early 2nd round pick at very best by anybody with common sense. "Highly" is a bad term. He's skyrocketing up the boards like Ponder last year because of the dire need for the position. That said, even if he starts right away, with a full camp he'll be an upgrade over McCoy.
Old 04-14-12, 03:32 PM
All American

You two just don't get it do you? Neither of you like taking Tannehill with the first pick, but yet you think he would be an upgrade over McCoy, How many teams are willing to trade to get him, unless the Browns are dumb enough to stay put and take him? Maybe a couple, he's not that sought after to go that early.

Maybe they'll trade with a team ahead of the Dolphins, gain some picks, and take him then, because if not for the Browns and the Dolphins in need, Tannehill doesn't even go early 2nd.
Old 04-14-12, 03:43 PM
All World

Quote:
You two just don't get it do you? Neither of you like taking Tannehill with the first pick, but yet you think he would be an upgrade over McCoy, How many teams are willing to trade to get him, unless the Browns are dumb enough to stay put and take him? Maybe a couple, he's not that sought after to go that early.

Maybe they'll trade with a team ahead of the Dolphins, gain some picks, and take him then, because if not for the Browns and the Dolphins in need, Tannehill doesn't even go early 2nd.
You're the one who doesn't get it. The top 5 or 6 QBs in the draft have more potential than McCoy ever had or has. You act like you have to use a first round pick to make an upgrade over McCoy. You don't. We don't like taking Tannehill with the first because he's a project QB, while at the very least 2 QBs in next year's draft are pro-ready. If it was up to me, we draft Richardson, a receiver or mauling lineman in the first, and hope another 2nd round wideout is a playmaker. Run the ball a lot, keep games close because by all accounts our defense will be very competitive, and keep fans interested and hopeful because Richardson is that good, while winning 2 games this season. The WCO isn't always a pass first offense, thank God. If McCoy averages more than 25-30 pass attempts a game this season, the year was awful. McCoy is terrible and the more he hands the ball off, the happier I will be.
Old 04-14-12, 04:26 PM
All Yappi

Lest we all forget, Tannehill was coached in college by Mike Sherman. He's basically been coached up exactly the way Holmgren would want his QB coached up, with familiarity with the same system and use of the same principles of mechanics. The Browns should have tremendous insight into Tannehill, so whther they take him or pass on him...you will know whether they feel he is the real deal. If they do think he is the real deal, I have to believe they will take him.
Old 04-14-12, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Lest we all forget, Tannehill was coached in college by Mike Sherman. He's basically been coached up exactly the way Holmgren would want his QB coached up, with familiarity with the same system and use of the same principles of mechanics. The Browns should have tremendous insight into Tannehill, so whther they take him or pass on him...you will know whether they feel he is the real deal. If they do think he is the real deal, I have to believe they will take him.
With all due respect, I think you're reaching on the Sherman-Holmgren coaching tree connection and how it relates to getting info on Tannehill.
Old 04-14-12, 04:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontetheCarlo View Post
With all due respect, I think you're reaching on the Sherman-Holmgren coaching tree connection and how it relates to getting info on Tannehill.
It's more the learning curve factor, than any insight. I would have to believe Tannehill has been coached as close to how Holmy would prefer as is possible. Then it gets down to if they believe Tannehill can lead a team to a Super Bowl. If they believe he can, I would think they will take him.
Old 04-14-12, 04:36 PM
All American

Why am I getting a server error?
Old 04-14-12, 04:56 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

I don't want Tannehill. I want Weeden.

Tannehill will likely have to sit & learn for a year, which this team CAN'T afford with the #4 pick, while Weeden will beat McCoy out in an open competition.

I think Weeden is a MAJOR upgrade over McCoy but everyone wants to harp on the age. If Weeden's 22-23 he's a top 10, maybe top 3, pick. Aside from Luck, he's the most NFL ready QB in this draft (RG3 has the most upside of any of them, imo).

I don't care about the age. You get 4-5 solid years out of him and it's a helluva lot more than any other QB this town has seen since Kosar.
Old 04-14-12, 05:33 PM
All World

Quote:
I don't want Tannehill. I want Weeden.

Tannehill will likely have to sit & learn for a year, which this team CAN'T afford with the #4 pick, while Weeden will beat McCoy out in an open competition.

I think Weeden is a MAJOR upgrade over McCoy but everyone wants to harp on the age. If Weeden's 22-23 he's a top 10, maybe top 3, pick. Aside from Luck, he's the most NFL ready QB in this draft (RG3 has the most upside of any of them, imo).

I don't care about the age. You get 4-5 solid years out of him and it's a helluva lot more than any other QB this town has seen since Kosar.
We can't afford to have our first 4 picks not be starters, let alone the number 4. That being said, what if they draft pure defense in the first to make the defense really, really, really good? It's an insane theory, but what about Claiborne with the 4 and pray to God Barron drops to 22? We would have a top 5 secondary in the league. Or Coples with the 22? Maybe he drops because of a perceived lack of effort or motivation. You can never have too many pass rushers in this league. Still hoping we take Richardson, but if we trade down to mid first with 2 seconds I'd be fine.
Old 04-14-12, 05:42 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post

bingo! i would need more than what's being rumored for trading down..
Old 04-14-12, 07:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Or Coples with the 22?.
Coples is undraftable, imo. Wouldn't waste a 6th round compensatory pick on him.

As far as your "fill out the defense" philosophy....they better be a 85/Bears/2000 Ravens type defense, which I don't see, or you're looking at a lot of 6-3 and 9-6 games with this offense.
Old 04-15-12, 01:39 PM
All Yappi

Another article on the Browns draft:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ower-not-picks
Old 04-15-12, 03:31 PM
All Yappi

http://cle.scout.com/2/1177492.html
Old 04-15-12, 05:31 PM
All Yappi

Amen brother....

http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/ind...nd_browns.html
Old 04-15-12, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

Facepalm to Redskins fans...in a recent ESPN team fan mock draft of the first 10 picks, Redskins fans selected Justin Blackmon at #2 allowing Robert Griffin III to fall to the Browns at 4....if ONLY their management were this dumb.