Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Old 04-11-12, 01:25 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Hogan won't be at McK or WB ... but I'd be surprised if she's at Marlington after much of what was said from those around her earlier this spring/late winter.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-12, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

curious... what was said. This I have not heard, nor did my source share.
Old 04-11-12, 06:38 PM
All American

Do you think she could go to Alliance if the right coach is hired?
Old 04-11-12, 07:14 PM
All Ohio

my opinion... NO WAY!!! I saw the Marlington vs. Alliance game this past season. Can't remember her name, but Marlington had a girl that was an underclassman who was left handed and another underclassman who did a good job in the post, and had other underclassman that were way ahead of Alliance's players. My opinion, if she transferred back to Alliance, she helps them win a game or few next year, but her old school Marlington sweeps them. My opinion.. I am curious though from the one post, where would she go if she does not play for Marlington?
Old 04-11-12, 11:49 PM
All American

Like McGal said, I don't see Hogan going to West Branch. If she does, then that would be something. There's a source I have that told me that United's best player might be open enrolling to West Branch next year for several different reasons. If Hogan goes to WB as well, yikes...but don't see that happening.

Here's my prediction where she ends up. Two places: Stays at Marlington, or goes to Hoban. Feaster is gone, and Hogan would fit that loss at Hoban.
Old 04-12-12, 06:43 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriors378 View Post
Like McGal said, I don't see Hogan going to West Branch. If she does, then that would be something. There's a source I have that told me that United's best player might be open enrolling to West Branch next year for several different reasons. If Hogan goes to WB as well, yikes...but don't see that happening.

Here's my prediction where she ends up. Two places: Stays at Marlington, or goes to Hoban. Feaster is gone, and Hogan would fit that loss at Hoban.
You know what... that sounds reasonable in my opinion... I did not see Hoban play this year, but was told they had a nice core of Jr's that will be Sr's next year. I think they lost in the district championship to manchester, I think...
Old 04-12-12, 02:04 PM
All Ohio

Why is United losing a player?

If West Branch gets all these talented kids to go with what they already have, there won't be enough playing for all of them. They have talented groups there and on way up. They would be tough clear through their district, then it becomes alot more difficult. Guess we will only find out in September when kids go back to school
Old 04-13-12, 07:42 AM
All American

Don't see Hogan going to West Branch......she can go to a private school or back to her home school....also heard today.....just a rumor....Marlington will have a coaching opening..
Old 04-13-12, 07:47 AM
All American

Not a rumor anymore!!! Tom Miller resigned as Marlington's coach....in the Review today!
Old 04-13-12, 08:55 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatecity View Post
Not a rumor anymore!!! Tom Miller resigned as Marlington's coach....in the Review today!
Why would that coach have resigned? He has a good team coming back with maybe the best player in the league as a Jr.
Old 04-13-12, 10:20 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho View Post
Why would that coach have resigned? He has a good team coming back with maybe the best player in the league as a Jr.
I think they would have been alright...but this kinds of solidfies that maybe Hogan isn't coming back..remember the JV's only wins were over Alliance
Old 04-13-12, 10:26 AM
All Yappi

Good team coming back? Who's going to replace the senior(s) they lost? Wasn't Reed a senior? She was huge for that team and the JV was really bad. They've got two (maybe one) good players coming back with not a lot coming up.
Old 04-13-12, 01:15 PM
Varsity

Lookout Federal League. I hear the NBC's most dynamic player may be a Blue Streak.
Old 04-13-12, 07:25 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLT EXPRESS View Post
Why is United losing a player?

If West Branch gets all these talented kids to go with what they already have, there won't be enough playing for all of them. They have talented groups there and on way up. They would be tough clear through their district, then it becomes alot more difficult. Guess we will only find out in September when kids go back to school
I heard the United player from a reliable source, and that she may be moving into the district, but not sure at the time. So because of that, she wants to open enroll at WB so she can play sports in case she does move within school district during the school year...
Old 04-13-12, 07:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Good team coming back? Who's going to replace the senior(s) they lost? Wasn't Reed a senior? She was huge for that team and the JV was really bad. They've got two (maybe one) good players coming back with not a lot coming up.
4 of their 5 starters coming back if Hogan Stays. Those 4 girls have alot of experience as they played Varsity as sophmores.

Hogan 1st team all league (best player in the NBC for the next two years)
Jr. Chambers 2nd team all league (will be first team next year)
Hon. Mention Bitzell, and another girl who were Jr's. They also had another soph. besides Hogan who played some this year, and contributed. I think they will have a good team, not very deep.

Reed was good averaging 16 a game, no doubt...

Look at the their schedule on who they could beat..

Alliance 2x
South 2x
Salem 2x
Minerva 2x
Out of league they play Field, they will beat them, and I would assume they have maybe 1-2 out of league games they could win, that there puts them over 10 wins.

Louisville with who they graduated, I think they can split with
I feel they can split with Carrolton.

WB will beat them both times. Again, this is all based if Hogan stays. If she leaves, they are in a world of hurt. Though I don't know, I would assume Coach Miller resigned because Hogan is not coming back, but I don't know that, my opinion.
Old 04-13-12, 07:51 PM
Varsity

If she leaves I think it is a JOKE! She was shopping around when she was in middle school at Alliance. Then went to Marlington, you are not supposed to be able to shop around for sports! I hope if she leaves she gets ruled ineligible! Unless they clearly move this is a joke.

But this could just be rumors, if so I am sorry!
Old 04-13-12, 08:17 PM
All Ohio

I agree with everything you just said!!!
Old 04-13-12, 08:38 PM
All Region

I really doubt if she goes to Lake,if she does dad better be ready to deal with the OHSAA ,I see some problems brewing.
Old 04-13-12, 08:39 PM
Freshman

My buddys daughter goes to marlington and from what she said, miller told the team he is resigning from teaching AND coaching to run his business. I personally think it has NOTHING to do with Hogan. He doesn't seem like that type of person.
Old 04-13-12, 08:47 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAN1968 View Post
My buddys daughter goes to marlington and from what she said, miller told the team he is resigning from teaching AND coaching to run his business. I personally think it has NOTHING to do with Hogan. He doesn't seem like that type of person.
Heard the same thing... Going to work with his baller program!
Old 04-13-12, 08:53 PM
All Ohio

These girls that are rumored to be moving to this school and that school, is it going to make a great impact? I mean, West Branch should win their league and district with what is in the program now. Is an addition going to win them state next year? Does this other girl going to Lake going to make them state contenders? They seem to be leaving good solid programs, but for what?
Old 04-14-12, 08:56 AM
Varsity

I think in this case it could make a huge impact and possibly make Lake a title contender. You bring back a nice core group from a team that went 19-1 in a very solid league and add arguably the best PG in Northeast Ohio...
Old 04-14-12, 02:10 PM
All American

She can go to Lake but the league will go through Hoover next year!!
Old 04-14-12, 05:13 PM
All American

I feel if Hogan goes to West Branch(along with United`s open enroller/mover into WB jurisdiction possibly), would make WB an instant state contender right there with Hathaway Brown...almost to the point of the HB-WB regional game being the state championship game basically...

But don`t count out Canfield or Ravenna...they`ll be good next year still, and Struthers had a young team...won`t be easy for WB in districts...
Old 04-14-12, 06:09 PM
All Ohio

HB has too much returning and will be adding very strong younger talent - they will be the favorites to go all the way again. It seems there is always a private school in the Cleveland area that can gather in the best talent and dominate. It started with Trinity, then Regina and Lake Ridge for a short time and now HB. I realize WB upset Trinity once but games like that are few and far between. Public schools normally don't gather in talent like some of the privates. I am even less a fan of a player with talent who shops around for top team to play for.
Old 04-14-12, 08:47 PM
Varsity

West Branch, West Holmes, West Virginia...whatever. Hathaway Brown brings back the whole crew...its a fight for second for the rest of D2.
Old 04-15-12, 05:14 PM
All American

Warrior378... Don't hold your breath, regarding Hogan going to WB...
Old 04-15-12, 06:28 PM
All American

I`m not...more like a dream...I just don`t know where she would go...Marlington new coach, Alliance new coach...where would she go? I assume she doesn`t want to be part of a rebuilding process the last 2 yrs of her career...isn`t that why she open enrolled to Marlington in the first place, and not go to Alliance?

Is there any other places she could go other than Marlington, Alliance, Lake, or WB?
Old 04-15-12, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

Plenty of other places she COULD go... now where she'll be allowed to go and play by the OHSAA and where she chooses to go are both a different story
Old 04-16-12, 06:43 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Plenty of other places she COULD go... now where she'll be allowed to go and play by the OHSAA and where she chooses to go are both a different story
Thats the key MCGal!!! and plus colleges already know her so it doesn't matter where she plays...