Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Notices

Old 03-06-12, 06:54 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
OBVISOUSLY you wouldn’t want your daughter to play for one of the best coaches in the area. I have TWO daughters that play on his team and can say that we are PROUD and VERY FORTUNATE to have him. You are way out of line to criticize his coaching/teaching technique. Even the girls realize that sometimes the ball just doesn’t go in. They also have NEVER mentioned or were told that the officiating of the game had anything to do with their loss. His quote was taken out of context and interpreted wrong. (As the RC often does). We are ecstatic about our coach and had a fantastic three seasons with him and the girls! We couldn’t be more proud of EVERYONE! Thanks for the ride team, it’s been a thriller! We look forward to next year with our SUBERB coach and another great group of young players!!!.......
I agree with this person. FIRE A COACH BECAUSE KIDS MISS FREE THROWS!!!

OK. Lets fire the first coach back in 2nd grade camp that tought them how to shoot a free throw because mark my words, what the 2nd grade coach taught them, is about what all coaches teach their kids who shoot foul shots. Foul shots is on the player, NOT THE COACH. This is the first time I may have read a post where someone wanted a coach fired because of kids missing the foul shots. Does the coach have to shoot the shot for them? Coaches get blamed for game decisions in the game, substitutions, time management, time out management, etc... not kids missing free throws. That is a mental/physical aspect of the game, not a COACHING ISSUE.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-12, 09:01 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
OBVISOUSLY you wouldn’t want your daughter to play for one of the best coaches in the area. I have TWO daughters that play on his team and can say that we are PROUD and VERY FORTUNATE to have him. You are way out of line to criticize his coaching/teaching technique. Even the girls realize that sometimes the ball just doesn’t go in. They also have NEVER mentioned or were told that the officiating of the game had anything to do with their loss. His quote was taken out of context and interpreted wrong. (As the RC often does). We are ecstatic about our coach and had a fantastic three seasons with him and the girls! We couldn’t be more proud of EVERYONE! Thanks for the ride team, it’s been a thriller! We look forward to next year with our SUBERB coach and another great group of young players!!!.......
Take this to the PTC Metro thread! This is for NBC teams - Touchpass is very knowledgeable about the league and can comment on this coach / topic...
Old 03-07-12, 08:11 PM
All Ohio

Isn't this a NBC page???
Old 03-09-12, 05:03 PM
All District

I hate seeing the NBC thread die in the off season! Let's keep it going.

2012-2013 Rankings

W. BRANCH
MARLINGTON
CARROLLTON
LOUISVILLE
SOUTH
MINERVA
SALEM
ALLIANCE
Old 03-09-12, 07:52 PM
All Ohio

I took in alot of NBC games this year, I think you are right on... I could also see WB and Marlington switching spots. I think WB will be one or two, not doubt. Here are a few things I am curious about...

-Can Alliance win a game
-Will Louisville finish in the top 4 in the NBC after losing all their seniors
-I look forward to seeing South's young team, I don't know if they will have a senior starter again next year (what year is Jeter, nice player, maybe she is a sr.)
-I would like to see Carrolton and Minerva play, I did not get the opportunity to see them this year, and Carrolton looks like they could be a team you would not want to play
-Curious on Salem, I saw them this year, they were big, I think they are better then how they played the night I seen them
-I look forward to seeing the to be soph. players from WB play again, very impressed with them as Fr.

Just my observations, and what I think...
Old 03-11-12, 08:12 AM
Moderated User

I agree with the previous post about the standings, I took in a lot of NBC games this year. Jeter will be a Sr for South she should bring some good leadership to a young team. Alliance poor team, still will go without a win.
Old 03-11-12, 09:15 AM
All District

Did Alliance fire their head coach?? So much for stability
Old 03-11-12, 10:31 AM
All Yappi

Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Where did you hear that? I haven't heard anything of the sort.
Old 03-11-12, 11:28 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Where did you hear that? I haven't heard anything of the sort.
I was hoping you would know MCGal, you seem to be the woman with all the connections
Old 03-11-12, 11:52 AM
All Region

Job is posted on the OHSAA website.
Old 03-11-12, 12:03 PM
All Ohio

Based on the returning talent and the past history of these programs, I think:

West Branch is the front runner for next season.

With
Louisville
Marlington
Carrollton
having equal chances to challenge WB

Minerva
South
Salem
will have to show some improvement to move up a level and I expect one of them to do so.

Alliance
Lacks dedication of enough athletes. Success must be built and supported by students, teachers, parents and community with a solid start well before high school.
Old 03-11-12, 08:23 PM
All Ohio

Alliance coach fired??? Why??? Yes, I know they have not won a game in 2 years. I saw them this year vs. Marlington. There was nothing not their coach, or any coach in the entire world could have done. Girls basketball, to boys basketball is put on a completely different level. The exposure boys basketball gets, I understand. Girls commitment compared to the boys allows you to have years like this. I have seen alot of teams all over Ohio in the girls division that average 2-3 wins a year, year in and year out and the coach is still there. Am I saying it is right, not sure...

I wonder if this coach did summer work outs (sure he and everyone else does), and probably the number of kids lack. I don't know this coach, but the game I seen, he did the best he could with what he had. If he stepped down, that is his own doing. Fired, and again, don't know the guy, or situation, only what i saw in one game, I don't know if it is justified for what he had as talent. And speaking of talent, the game I seen, his kids did their best, and that is all you can ask! I wish Alliance, and this coach the best of luck!
Old 03-12-12, 07:57 AM
All Region

Coach McGeehan resigned last week and interviews inside the district was given last week..Good Luck to Coach McGeehan and good luck to Alliance in our search in finding a new coach!
Old 03-17-12, 05:53 PM
Freshman

I know for a fact that coach McGeehen did not resign from the position.
Old 03-19-12, 07:25 AM
All Region

Then explain A-Town??? There was nothing in the paper or anything else about coach being let go. My daughter said he resigned unless you know something else???
Old 03-19-12, 06:59 PM
Freshman

Resination

My daughter told me that he spoke with the team and told them it was not his decision.
Old 03-19-12, 07:18 PM
All Region

Well your daughter say one thing and mine the other...it all equals the same.. We will have a new coach.
Old 03-21-12, 10:24 AM
Varsity

Not many coaches would want Alliance job!

Maybe someone who needs a job to pay bills and gets a teaching job or a young person eager for the first job.

That is a 5-6 year turnaround type job.
Old 04-01-12, 04:48 PM
All American

I don't think it really matters who the Alliance coach is. They aren't going to win. They have good athletes at that school but most won't play because of the losing. West Branch should win the league. The next two years it will be West Branch and who is going to finish second. This group has the potential to go to Columbus.
Old 04-02-12, 12:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORS_94 View Post
This group has the potential to go to Columbus.
don't see that happening unless they can beat HB,West branch can be really good if they pump up their OOC,but they still have to go through HB
Old 04-08-12, 09:44 PM
All American

I have a friend who applied. It would be an excellent starting job and if he/she can turn it around then they'd be a highly sought after coach anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchpass View Post
Based on the returning talent and the past history of these programs, I think:

West Branch is the front runner for next season.

With
Louisville
Marlington
Carrollton
having equal chances to challenge WB

Minerva
South
Salem
will have to show some improvement to move up a level and I expect one of them to do so.

Alliance
Lacks dedication of enough athletes. Success must be built and supported by students, teachers, parents and community with a solid start well before high school.
I agree with this. The Leps did lose seniors, but they still have an excellent group of juniors & sophomores. West Branch is going to be a tough team to beat for everyone in the NBC though.
Old 04-09-12, 10:54 PM
All American

Chocolate,
I said they had the potential not that they would. It could be two years before that run to state if it happens. A lot can happen between now and then. HB may move up or down. They can control their enrollment because they can recruit. So anything is possible. A lot of people back in 2004 said WB wouldn't make it out of our district because of Akron Hoban or out of the region because of Walsh Jesuit. That is why they play the games. HB may have a fall off in recruiting. We just never know. I will be happy as long as we win the league and beat Salem.
Old 04-10-12, 06:50 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORS_94 View Post
Chocolate,
I said they had the potential not that they would. It could be two years before that run to state if it happens. A lot can happen between now and then. HB may move up or down. They can control their enrollment because they can recruit. So anything is possible. A lot of people back in 2004 said WB wouldn't make it out of our district because of Akron Hoban or out of the region because of Walsh Jesuit. That is why they play the games. HB may have a fall off in recruiting. We just never know. I will be happy as long as we win the league and beat Salem.
I understand that! as long as there are private institutions in our division, its going to be tough for any of our public schools to get out...its a shame but those are the facts...also Struthers also have a very good program too..
Old 04-10-12, 07:06 AM
All American

As far as the league...in 2012-13

1. West Branch....have more returning then any team..
2.Carrollton....have a good core of veterens returning led by Lowdermilk
3. Louisville....lost a lot but should hold on to finished top 4
4. Marlington...if Hogan stays should be here...if not Minerva could move up..
5. Minerva/ Marlington
6. South....I thought had the ability to win a few last year..even with the loss of Harris should finish here..
7. Salem .....could leap past South but who knows...
8. Alliance..will have to see what happens here...you never know!
Old 04-10-12, 07:50 AM
Varsity

Where would Hogan go?
Old 04-10-12, 08:08 AM
All American

Just heard a rumor....and thats all it is ...a rumor!! but i look for her to be there....
Old 04-10-12, 03:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatecity View Post
Just heard a rumor....and thats all it is ...a rumor!! but i look for her to be there....
I agree with alot of your picks. Curious though on Louisiville, I know they had a decent JV team, but they loose alot of senior power. I think if Hogan stays, they pass Lousiville, and maybe pass Carrolton and finish just behind WB. South, not sure on them, I know they were very young last year and didn't have many Junior or Sr. players. Harris, where is she going, isn't she a young player? Has Alliance picked a coach yet? I think I sleeper in the NBC could be Minerva. THough I have not seen them play, they won 8 games last year, and was told they didn't have a senior. Maybe they could shock some teams. Salem, I think they do better. I saw them play last year, and I didn't think they were as bad as only winning 3 or 4 games, whatever it was. I definitely like WB to win it from what I seen of them this year, and their Fr. guard and Fr. post player. Good Program!
Old 04-10-12, 09:17 PM
All Yappi

Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Louisville's varsity this year was half juniors, half seniors... if the junior class is all they claim to be, their varsity will still be top notch this coming year. Good young talent coming from a solid JV squad as well. Marlington doesn't have anything coming behind this year's varsity squad that I saw this season
Old 04-11-12, 07:14 AM
All American

Harris was South's freshman point guard and heard she is off to Massillon in a move to that district...
Old 04-11-12, 12:51 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatecity View Post
Harris was South's freshman point guard and heard she is off to Massillon in a move to that district...
How odd... I have connections in the two schools districts where players could be leaving. According to my source in Marlington, he feels Hogan stays. I guess she resides in Alliance. His comment is, where else would she go??? Alliance is about 20 minutes from McKinley. The only alternative he felt would be WB that is on the other side of Alliance, but based on what he has heard, she will finish her last two years at Marlington. Nothing is factual evidence, but based on his opinion from what others have told him.

As for Harris... I guess she wants to stay at South, but may not have a choice. This is more of a moving issue for what my source said was "family reasons", but thinks she will open enroll back at South even if this does happen. Either way, South has a decent Fr. and Soph. class right now, and a decent Fr. class coming in.