Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Old 01-17-12, 12:41 PM
All American

Another angle to consider is that some of the Boy's alumni (Sonny from Wadsworth and a HOST of others) might not appreciate you taking shots at the organization they supported and played for. I know it bothers me when I hear people make negative comments about teams my sons have played for.
Danimal- I see your son Matt is ranked 3rd in the entire country! Who'd a thunk it when our boys played together a few years ago at 14!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-12, 12:46 PM
All Ohio

There is no correlation to the amount of money spent for a team fee and the quality of play for said team. Remember that most of all!

I have never understood parents who pay over $1000 for there kids to play on travel teams especially at the younger ages (16U and under). Someone explain one single benefit of this? I know there is a huge benefit for the organization, the coach, and the owner. I want to have someone tell me the advantage to the player.

"A fool and his money....." well I guess no one has to tell you the rest of
that.
Old 01-17-12, 12:55 PM
All District

Mr Caju I am not taking a shot at anybody. I have simply explained a situation that I have encountered with this organization. All I wanted to do is get some input from the Baseball community and see if he should be held to the contract.
Old 01-17-12, 01:29 PM
Freshman

My son played for the 13u BOS last year and feel that the head coach was a great mentor to my son. He taught a lot of baseball as well as helped my son manage emotions that growing boys have all while playing the highest level of ball the group of boys could compete at. We won games that we were supposed to, lost to teams that simply were bigger, faster, stronger, and the boys surprised us sometimes with wins that came from their gritty desire to not give up.

Stixx. I can't really speak to your situation as I m only hearing your side of the story; however, my experience with them last year was a positive one. Jennings is a stand up guy and is a solid coach.
Old 01-17-12, 01:44 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.O.N.'s Dad View Post
My son played for the 13u BOS last year and feel that the head coach was a great mentor to my son. He taught a lot of baseball as well as helped my son manage emotions that growing boys have all while playing the highest level of ball the group of boys could compete at. We won games that we were supposed to, lost to teams that simply were bigger, faster, stronger, and the boys surprised us sometimes with wins that came from their gritty desire to not give up.

Stixx. I can't really speak to your situation as I m only hearing your side of the story; however, my experience with them last year was a positive one. Jennings is a stand up guy and is a solid coach.
JON

The coach is a nice guy and I did get along with him. I have heard good things about his coaching. This not in anyway an attack at his character or coaching and if it was up to him he would have probably released my son.
Old 01-17-12, 01:50 PM
All American

Danimal,
I know you're not Smoral's dad, I was just kidding around. I do know that your son IS a very good player though!
Old 01-17-12, 02:06 PM
All Ohio

DA, I think the question of how much a program costs depends on the product provided in return. If you have your own field, things are cheaper. If you have an indoor facility available for winter training, things get way cheaper. However, most teams/programs do not.

If your fees pay for the following, then it is a fair amount:
  1. indoor winter training,
  2. salaries and expenses for non-parent coaches,
  3. Salaries for paid instructors
  4. 3 sets of uniforms,
  5. insurance,
  6. all league fees,
  7. umpire fees,
  8. field rentals,
  9. balls/equipment
  10. five big tournaments plus gate fees
If this is the case, then there is not much money left over. I've seen the budgets and made my own for years and I don't see guys running programs living extravant lives. Most have jobs on the side to pay the bills. Most of them love baseball and their hearts are into it for the right reasons.

If you are paying $1,000 and not getting all of this then there IS something wrong. No one likes having to pay this amount, but if you want quality you have to pay for it.

I do know of teams that cost 2-3 times this amount and their teams usually struggle. If your fees are so much that on the rich can pay, then you are cutting out a lot of talent.
Old 01-17-12, 02:39 PM
Junior Varsity

I have a very good friend who has a boy on that team and was telling me all about this situation..

Basically what I have gathered from him was this at the team meeting it was stated that the odds of someone from this room signing a MLB contract was slim.. He wanted to make them better baseball players and good young men.

Numbers on uniforms were never guaranteed but according to my friend said the coach said he would do all he could to get each player the number he wanted..

Was told they were in the Diamond League, they were but the Diamond League turned into the Ohio Prospects League at 14u for above stated reasons. The Diamond League is the one who has the contract in case some of you don't know he signed to play in the diamond league or ohio prospects league as it is called now.. Good rule in my opinion

Jennings is a great coach and who according to my friend sat his son more than anyone else for discipline issue last season.. Daddy ball right.

As far as off season training goes here is how I heard it and hopefully will explain it best I can... Boys of Summer registration was to be $1250 and that was going to include lessons at StrikeZone. However there was some difference in the price and the two could not agree on a price.. So Mr. Jennings dropped the registration to $1000 and said that StrikeZone would give a discounted rate of $350 for Boys of Summer members that wanted to train there. Basically if Mr. Jennings was not willing to charge the families $1350 for lessons and play, he wanted $1250 with lessons that is where the disagreement took place.. So instead he yanked the lessons and charged less. Lets face it also the majority of players already have someone they work with on a regular basis. The team is getting indoor practice once a week...

Plus you jumped ship after one practice.
Old 01-17-12, 02:45 PM
All District

Your post states "A 14 year old being held to a contract".
My reply is YOU signed it, so I don't think an organization is responsible for that.
Tournaments, practice time (structured or not), uniforms (new or to replace them) are costly, etc.etc. Teams need to know their budget going into making decisions on what they're spending. Sounds like you're out of the money.
SOLUTION: What you're promised be sure it's in the contract. BEFORE you sign it, hand write on yourself if it's not on their then the team can either void the contract before taking your money or they can honor it.
Your post lead me to think someone was taking advantage of a 14 year old, but in reality, you acted as his agnet and signed a contract and agreed to it's contents. I wish your son well, and I hope he makes the BIGS someday but before he does that he may want to keep you as a dad but fire you as an agent.
Old 01-17-12, 02:50 PM
All World

Stixxx:

Feel your pain but time to take control and also have a reality check.

-Option - Leave and eat the money.
-Option - Stay, get involved and MAKE IT WORK!

Biggest piece of advice - worry a whole lot less about your son making it to the majors. Even if he is as good as you say, there are 1,000s of 14 yr olds out there as good or better. Have fun, work hard and enjoy his playing. It goes by very quickley.

Good luck!
Old 01-17-12, 02:51 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caju View Post
Danimal,
I know you're not Smoral's dad, I was just kidding around. I do know that your son IS a very good player though!
LOL...Spencer WISHES he had just HALF of Smoral's height advantage. In a game Spencer pitched against Midland last year we were hoping to see Smoral face off against him, but they flew some dude in for the game. I forget his name (Spencer would know it...he knows everything lol) but he's now with the Indians.
Old 01-17-12, 02:52 PM
All Yappi

The only reason a 14 yr old should sign a contract is if he's getting paid to play. Since he's not, there's no reason kids that young should be signing contracts. It protects the team and coaches and hinders the player for any future opportunities that may arise. The coaches should have let him out of this contract, which shouldn't have been in place to begin with. IMO, it makes this organization and coaches look bad.
Old 01-17-12, 06:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiXX33 View Post
Andy Sonnanstine was also drafted from our town so kids do believe is can happen.
The irony here is that Sonnanstine played for the Boys of Summer! My son played for the BOS organization a few years ago, and the fees were nowhere near $1200.00 I'm a little curious Stixx, did you have to commit to any fundraisers? Our coach was a dad who stepped in when the original coach had to resign because of work conflicts, however we were aware of this before the season began. We did have limited winter workouts, but I always felt that offseason training was our son's responsibility, not any organization's.

The boys did have a successful season that year, in fact, I believe we were the last BOS team in quite a while to win a Diamond League league. The success the team had was due primarily to the boys themselves, and their willingness to come together and work as a team.
Old 01-17-12, 07:54 PM
All Region

DA.....I dont understand your comment...airborne said it best....after you pay for everything he mentioned you are looking about $15000 easy. We pay $500 per kid but fundraiser helps with the realistic $1500 that it cost per kid. Tournaments are not cheap, lessons are not cheap and anywhere you practice in the winter is not cheap. So are you telling me because my son is only 13 he shouldnt go to Michigan, Mrtyle Beach Ripken, Caba World series, States and many other tournaments...Thats your view and I respect it but to say its dumb for kids under 16U is stupid. Our team has a non parent coach that coaches because he loves it. There is no extra money in the account after the yr is up. The coaches or owner as you say usually gives there money and doesnt make a dime. I see where the money goes and every penny is needed. Playing good competition and the experience we have with our son is priceless and very few kids get to go through it in a lifetime. He gets so much better every year and all the hard work and lessons has put him as one of the " Elite 13U players in NEO " ..lol...sorry I had to. But in all seriousness travelball is expensive but is well worth it if your on the right team. Your getting recruited at age 16, alittle late to be taking baseball serious in my opinion.

Last edited by IceDad34 : 01-17-12 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-17-12, 09:06 PM
All Ohio

First you have to like baseball, sure $1500-$3000 a year is alot of money. but if the player loves the game and the family enjoy's watching the team compete then part of the expense is recreational spending. Heck our family spent over $1000.00 for 12 tickets and refreshments to watch the Browns play and don't know any of the players. Some great memories and great friendships have also developed aong the way, and yes there has been some negative moments that most will experience. When you add it all up you get a great bargain around $7.50 a ticket for a family of 4 that usally can include refreshments for a 50 game season. Could never understand why so many gripe about the expense of baseball and never say a word spending $1000 a year to watch 10 H.S football games. Or insurance rates that are higher than some car payments. The only logical answere is that they really just don't like baseball. Stixx dont sweet the small stuff and we all should do a Tebow and give thanks that our sons are healthy enough to play the game.
Old 01-17-12, 10:14 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringring View Post
First you have to like baseball, sure $1500-$3000 a year is alot of money. but if the player loves the game and the family enjoy's watching the team compete then part of the expense is recreational spending. Heck our family spent over $1000.00 for 12 tickets and refreshments to watch the Browns play and don't know any of the players. Some great memories and great friendships have also developed aong the way, and yes there has been some negative moments that most will experience. When you add it all up you get a great bargain around $7.50 a ticket for a family of 4 that usally can include refreshments for a 50 game season. Could never understand why so many gripe about the expense of baseball and never say a word spending $1000 a year to watch 10 H.S football games. Or insurance rates that are higher than some car payments. The only logical answere is that they really just don't like baseball. Stixx dont sweet the small stuff and we all should do a Tebow and give thanks that our sons are healthy enough to play the game.

I've never minded spending money on our summer baseball....as long as I knew I was getting what I paid for. In the past 5 years, we've gone to Omaha, Cooperstown, Battle in the South and East Cobb. I was a coach at Cooperstown so it cost us double (my son and I). We turned each one of those into a vacation...my daughter brought a friend and at all but Omaha we rented a house on a lake and split it with another family. Sure it's expensive, but the baseball part of the Battle in the South and East Cobb was likely less than 5% of the cost of the trip. Sure we went because of baseball...but it wasn't anywhere close to "baseball only". The issue here is that they aren't getting what they were promised....either with regard to coaching....or winter workouts. Losing a paid coach and winter workouts is worth more than the $200 that they offered to deduct.
Old 01-18-12, 09:17 AM
All Region

If you and your family look at spending over $1,000 plus per year as an investment on your son's baseball future,then go for it. Just don"t assume that is the magic pill needed to make any kid an "elite" baseball player. Many of us here have shelled out much more than a grand for that special baseball experience, (Cooperstown, Ripken @ Myrtle Beach, etc), and would gladly do it again. Why, hopefully because our son, and family got to share in the experience together, and made it much more than just another baseball tournament. I don't have any false ideas that playing @ this level is going to inch my son closer to being an MLB prospect. That's just plain silly. You just have to temper your expectations for your son, yet continue to support
his love of the game. I have spent many years living and playing baseball in the SW, and what I have come to understand, is there are so many top baseball prospects there who simply don't make it, for one reason or another. Seems like every kid there can run, field, throw, and hit for average w/ anyone. It's almost like these kids were cloned. But, like anywhere else, most don't make it. Why, because unless you are a power pitcher, power hitter,(preferably left handed), or a quality catcher, you just blend in with everyone else. As a scout in Texas once told me, middle infielders, and non power corners are a dime a dozen. What sells are those kids who can get you out, and those kids who can hit it out. Pretty much sums it up.
Old 01-18-12, 09:50 AM
All Yappi

I don't think that Stixx is complaining about the cost of summer ball - he's complaining that he didn't get what was promised. I, too, have wondered why many teams say you're paying for the uniform when it's the same old uniform that's been reused year after year.

Unfortunately, it often appears the summer teams are out-of-control. And it's assumed that parents are powerless to complain (or shouldn't complain) and that the coaches and organizations hold all the cards. This may be true for the short term - but you get enough disgruntled and disatisfied parents and players, and word gets around. Many of these organizations are getting too big and focus more on the fundraisers and money rather than the player. This has to change.
Old 01-18-12, 12:08 PM
All American

I think most of the people involved in Summer Travel teams do it because it's something they love doing, there is so much time involved in running these teams and making sure everything is taken care of. There is more money to be made flipping burgers at a fast food joint.
I would love to be able to run a travel team but I don't have the time, talent, or money it takes, I have too many bills to pay and not enough time in the day with the work I do. For those that have the talent, time, and money it takes to be able to do this and do it, I say God bless em! It's a thankless job and we were so fortunate to be able to find teams like this for our two sons to play on. There may have been some teams out there that perhaps weren't quite the right fit but if you find a team where the child has a good fit it's such a blessing and a great experience for the young child.
I wasn't always the best parent, but I feel like I've learned some things over the years and I'm grateful for the coaches who've put up with me and my kids over the last twenty some years. I know the coaches have a lot to deal with and the stress of dealing with parents can sometimes be almost overwhelming. I've seen some very good coaches give up because they just couldn't deal with it anymore. There's a fine line there for coaches to walk, sometimes they care too much and it ends up being unbearable.
Old 01-18-12, 12:45 PM
All Ohio

IceDad...understand I'm not telling anyone what to do. What I am saying is you don't have to pay the big $$ to have a successful summer career and to improve as a player. I know this to be true because I have experienced it.

We kept our local kids together from the age of 9-10 years old. Good kids, great parents, and we played daddy ball. For $400-500 a summer we played 30-40 games. Played in a league and tournaments (Always in Ohio) and our season ended mid to late July. Families went on vacations and we had team get togethers about every other weekend at a parents home. We worked out indoors about six times a winter. Won over twenty games a year, several tournaments a summer and our kids got better every season.

We wore t-shirts, no special bat bags or helmets. Our favorite thing to do was crush the teams that were supposed to be the "elite teams". Traveling all over the country at 13 doesn't make you a better player. Repetition and practice make you a better player. I've seen some of the teams that play at these "elite" tournaments and they are no better than the teams we faced at Mentor, or some of the other local tournaments we entered. Why travel to Georgia, spend $1,500, to beat a team 14-1 when you can do that in your own back yard.

The most important factor in all of it was to keep the boys interested in the game and give them skills to continue to play at the next level if they wanted to. Mission accomplished..our former players are standouts on their local high school teams and many if they choose to can play in college.

Didn't mean to high jack the thread but travel ball is well beyond out of control. Parent's get lulled into some misbelief that "Johnny" has to play at a certain level at younger ages to be successful when this is far from the truth. Save your money and hit Johnny ground balls all summer and fall, watch how it improves from repetition. The shortstop could play seven games in Cooperstown and have 8-10 balls hit his way in a weekend. How does that make him better? Ground balls are ground balls, he would be better if he fielded 100 in your backyard.

If your reasoning is correct why doesn't every kid who plays (and pays) to be on these teams receive a scholarship. It just doesn't work that way.

I'm not putting down these teams, I just don't see the need for it. It won't get you any closer to the pot at the end of the rainbow. We bonded with our boys, they have great memories and they love the game. The money spent by some folks between 13-18 on summer ball could put two kids through college.

Just think, 774 varsity teams in Ohio.... with 10-12 kids per team looking for a scholarship....about 12 D1 schools offering partial rides in Ohio for 6-8 kids per recruiting class. Do the math.
Old 01-18-12, 01:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caju View Post
IThere may have been some teams out there that perhaps weren't quite the right fit but if you find a team where the child has a good fit it's such a blessing and a great experience for the young child.
Baseball Community:

Iím going to wrap this thread up in Mr. Caju's Quote. No Matter if you agree with the reasons we left the team, at the End of the day, we did not feel this team was the right fit for us. I only have one 14 year old son and this will be the last time he's 14. I want to make sure he has the best experience possible at this age.

I made the mistake of signing the contract and I wanted to be released from it. But it is very clear to me now where the BOS club stands on signing contracts. I was not on here to bash any club or coach, in fact, I am sure the team will have a very successful season and will learn from the coach. I did want to make sure before anyone signs a sports contract for a young athlete, they fully understand what they are getting involved in. I personally think its good the Ohio Prospect league has contracts so parents and coaches canít stack a team in the league at the last minute, but not 4 months before the season starts and the rosters have not been finalized.

Thanks again for all the comments and responses and keeping it clean without attacking me or the club to badly
Old 01-18-12, 01:54 PM
Freshman

I am the parent of a Boys of Summer 14u player. I have had 2 sons play in the Boys program and can tell from experience they have the most integrity and principles of any organization that I have been involved with. I feel compelled to tell the whole story. The player in question was present at two seperate tryouts along with his mother and father. He was injured and could not try out. I imagine the only reason they were there was to evaluate the structure, level of play and get a feel fro the other players and parents and obviously the coaching. His son was offered a spot on the team and accepted. On 9-7-11 Stixx post on Yappi that he thinks the Boys of Summer will be one of the best 5 teams in Northeast Ohio. Now he calls us average at best. Is his son really that good? At this point he turns down offers to play fall ball with Boys, but he knows the coaches, level of instruction, league and calibur of team. It is true that the fees were reduced by $200 to find your own specialized instruction. Moving from the Diamond League to the Ohio Prospect League was no fault of the Boys of Summer and the team he wants to join is in the same position. I was at the parents meeting and coach Jennings explained, "Baseball is important to all of us, but we are probably aren't looking at any major league players, it is important to develop into quality young men". I thought we quit complaining about uniform #'s when we left t-ball. In closing I think that the parents knew exactly what they were getting before signing, nothing has changed that I know of and now they want a do over because they think the grass is greener somewhere else. That is the purpose for signing the contract and I applaud the Boys of Summer for sticking with their principles and not releasing him.
Old 01-18-12, 02:51 PM
All District

Storm Chasers, Good for you and I hope you have a wonderful season. I hope you get everything out of the season you obtained to gain. Hope to see you in a tournament so we can discuss everything and get on the same page as to what happened.
Old 01-18-12, 04:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
IceDad...understand I'm not telling anyone what to do. What I am saying is you don't have to pay the big $$ to have a successful summer career and to improve as a player. I know this to be true because I have experienced it.

We kept our local kids together from the age of 9-10 years old. Good kids, great parents, and we played daddy ball. For $400-500 a summer we played 30-40 games. Played in a league and tournaments (Always in Ohio) and our season ended mid to late July. Families went on vacations and we had team get togethers about every other weekend at a parents home. We worked out indoors about six times a winter. Won over twenty games a year, several tournaments a summer and our kids got better every season.

We wore t-shirts, no special bat bags or helmets. Our favorite thing to do was crush the teams that were supposed to be the "elite teams". Traveling all over the country at 13 doesn't make you a better player. Repetition and practice make you a better player. I've seen some of the teams that play at these "elite" tournaments and they are no better than the teams we faced at Mentor, or some of the other local tournaments we entered. Why travel to Georgia, spend $1,500, to beat a team 14-1 when you can do that in your own back yard.

The most important factor in all of it was to keep the boys interested in the game and give them skills to continue to play at the next level if they wanted to. Mission accomplished..our former players are standouts on their local high school teams and many if they choose to can play in college.

Didn't mean to high jack the thread but travel ball is well beyond out of control. Parent's get lulled into some misbelief that "Johnny" has to play at a certain level at younger ages to be successful when this is far from the truth. Save your money and hit Johnny ground balls all summer and fall, watch how it improves from repetition. The shortstop could play seven games in Cooperstown and have 8-10 balls hit his way in a weekend. How does that make him better? Ground balls are ground balls, he would be better if he fielded 100 in your backyard.

If your reasoning is correct why doesn't every kid who plays (and pays) to be on these teams receive a scholarship. It just doesn't work that way.

I'm not putting down these teams, I just don't see the need for it. It won't get you any closer to the pot at the end of the rainbow. We bonded with our boys, they have great memories and they love the game. The money spent by some folks between 13-18 on summer ball could put two kids through college.

Just think, 774 varsity teams in Ohio.... with 10-12 kids per team looking for a scholarship....about 12 D1 schools offering partial rides in Ohio for 6-8 kids per recruiting class. Do the math.
This couldn't have been said any better........AMEN! Well done DA!

Travel Ball has become so watered down with so many choices. Its not about the jersey one wears or how much money one pays each year that makes a good player. Its all about hardwork, dedication, attitude, passion for the game, having talent and improving that talent and repeating that each year that makes a player.
Old 01-18-12, 04:31 PM
All American

always two sides to every story.
Old 01-19-12, 12:45 AM
All District

All i know is that if the boy was so "elite" he wouldnt be playing for boys of summer. At 14 and up if your good you play with the diamond boys or Glaciers. Boys of summer was a great place to be 10 years ago. Has fell off more and more each year. What needs to happen is darren jennings needs to take over to save that organization. That man is nothing but Class.
Old 01-19-12, 10:28 AM
All Ohio

Reviewing the Diamond League Website it doesn't look like the Diamond Boys had much success at all, except for the 18U team won a tourney. And from what I've seen in person with the young groups and the feedback I get from others, I don't think many share your same opinion. What makes them Elite in your opinion? I'm not being argumentative, just curious as to your take on it. I hear DB is $2,500 cash up front to join the team. Is that true and if so, what all do you get with that kind of money.

Last edited by Airborne88 : 01-19-12 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-19-12, 10:49 AM
All Region

Really? "At 14 if your good, you only play for the Diamond Boys or the Glaciers" Well, I guess that pretty much eliminates 95% of the other kids, who aren't good enough to play w/ those two Elite Teams. Not to disrespect either team, as they are fine organizations w/ proven track records, but to imply that if your not playing for these fine organizations by age 14, you just are not an Elite ball player. That's pure BS. There are many quality kids, & some whom you would refer to as having "Elite" talent, who for a variety of reasons elect to play elsewhere. Not every parent has the financial means to fork over $1000, plus hotel, travel, meal, etc costs for their son to play for an Elite travel team. Some families aren't able to commit to the schedule of training, traveling, etc, required to play at this "elite" level to to other family responsibilities. Families might feel more comfortable playing Travel ball within their community due to the support they receive. Seems unfair to characterize a young player as unworthy, just because he elects not to compete for a spot on one of the elite teams, when factors other than a kids baseball talent play a larger role in his life.
Old 01-19-12, 11:10 AM
All District

I dont mean that if your not on one these two organizations then your kid sucks. But these two teams do a nice job helping there kids into colleges to further education and baseball. Honestly at 16u and 18u any team in the diamond league is a nice team. There are a bunch of quality teams out there we all know this. But there are few great teams out there.
And who ever started this whole elite player crap or premier player or select player has ruined travel ball a little.
Member when we played ball if you were good or great or average or just plain out sucked there was no listing of kids. Nations baseball started this grading players crap. Too much time on peoples hands.
I hope everyone has a good winterwork and successful summers, And thats to all teams out there.
Old 01-19-12, 12:16 PM
All American

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchasers View Post
I am the parent of a Boys of Summer 14u player. I have had 2 sons play in the Boys program and can tell from experience they have the most integrity and principles of any organization that I have been involved with. I feel compelled to tell the whole story. The player in question was present at two seperate tryouts along with his mother and father. He was injured and could not try out. I imagine the only reason they were there was to evaluate the structure, level of play and get a feel fro the other players and parents and obviously the coaching. His son was offered a spot on the team and accepted. On 9-7-11 Stixx post on Yappi that he thinks the Boys of Summer will be one of the best 5 teams in Northeast Ohio. Now he calls us average at best. Is his son really that good? At this point he turns down offers to play fall ball with Boys, but he knows the coaches, level of instruction, league and calibur of team. It is true that the fees were reduced by $200 to find your own specialized instruction. Moving from the Diamond League to the Ohio Prospect League was no fault of the Boys of Summer and the team he wants to join is in the same position. I was at the parents meeting and coach Jennings explained, "Baseball is important to all of us, but we are probably aren't looking at any major league players, it is important to develop into quality young men". I thought we quit complaining about uniform #'s when we left t-ball. In closing I think that the parents knew exactly what they were getting before signing, nothing has changed that I know of and now they want a do over because they think the grass is greener somewhere else. That is the purpose for signing the contract and I applaud the Boys of Summer for sticking with their principles and not releasing him.
Glad you replied to this post, I get the feeling Stixx needs to reevaluate his priorities