View Single Post
Old 12-20-16, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacomet View Post
Medina looked really, really good against Solon. They shot the lights out and they had decent height. And they ran the floor with Solon, which I didn't expect.

Solon has talent, but the Comets also have limitations. Only one senior on the roster, and no one taller than 6'1. We're starting five guards. Sincere Curry is back and playing well, but he hasn't gotten any taller. Maybe next year for the Comets.

Mentor and Medina look like the GCC's best so far.
I thought I read that Carry would be out a little longer. Good for him. He was a really nice player as a sophomore. Should be good things ahead the next couple of years. I expect Mentor to be ready for the Solon game after being denied a district title by the Comets in March. Should be a good game with Carry in there.

I agree that as it stands, Mentor and Medina are at the top of the league. Brunswick, Solon, Shaker, and Elyria could definitely get a win on any night against the top two. Strongsville is awaiting a highly touted 6'6 transfer from Walnut Hills. I guess he won't be available until the halfway point (transfer rules). I assume that with Omari Peek, Strongsville could find themselves several wins in the GCC.

Euclid is going to really struggle in the GCC this year. I will be surprised if they get more than 1-2 league wins.