View Single Post
Old 04-18-16, 08:20 AM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
so with Jalen leaving, here's a position breakdown of who we KNOW will be there next year:

1 - Sumner, MD, Goodin
2 - MD, Goodin, JP
3 - Bluiett, JP, Gates
4 - Bluiett, Gates, Gaston, Ekiyor, Jones
5 - O'Mara, Gaston, Ekiyor

obviously some guys are repeated as they can play multiple positions.

i heard we are still in the mix for Tarean Thompson, who is a big, but it looks like we are ok at the 4-5 position even with the losses of Farr and Reynolds. i think Farr is a bigger loss as we have no one i've seen who takes as much pride in going after offensive rebounds as he did. that will be the biggest loss, IMO.

i'd say we are thin at the guard position, unless Goodin can come in and light it up right away. otherwise, another guard off the bench to spell some guys or be able to play some meaningful minutes if someone gets in foul trouble would be nice.
This is how the depth chart currently looks and would play out if the season started today:

1 Sumner Davis
2 Davis Macura Goodin
3 Blueitt Macura Gates
4 Gates Blueitt Ekiyor Jones
5 Gaston O'Mara

You won't see Goodin run much PG this season. Mack only has his freshman learn one position and I believe that will be more of the 2 spot. That means the majority of the time, if Sumner is out, Davis will slide to the 1 with JP or Goodin coming in as the 2. Gaston is ahead of O'Mara and should be a beast on the boards.