View Single Post
Old 11-07-17, 05:19 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBallU View Post
Anyone want to take a stab at predictions for this weekends tournament? I very rarely get to see D1 and D2 competition play so a lot of big guesses looking at previous results.

Div. I
SJA over Jackson
Ursuline over Coffman (Barnburner)
Finals: Ursuline over SJA

Div. II
Padua over Lake Catholic
Alter over Big Walnut
Finals: Padua over Alter

Div. III (hardest to predict imo)
Coldwater over Independence
Versailles over Tusky Valley
Finals: Coldwater over Versailles
(Coldwater is the complete package, I think this is the year they finally breakthrough; Versailles can be such a streaky team at times, will be interesting to see what team shows up as Tusky Valley definitely has the experience advantage)

Div. IV
New Bremen over Buckeye Central
Aquinas over FCA
Finals: New Bremen over Aquinas (I just don't think anyone is going to shut down Paige Jones at this level, certainly hasn't happened yet this year and NB has played a very competitive schedule)
Agree with most of the above.

Div I:
SJA over Jackson
Ursuline over Coffman
Finals: Ursuline over SJA
Really rooting for St Joseph in this one. Respectable program that is killing it on the west side of CLE.

Div. II
Padua over Lake Catholic
Alter over Big Walnut
Finals: Padua over Alter
Maybe Lake can pull one out here but Padua is looking more and more like the Hoban of volleyball. Expect to see a lot of the Bruins at Wright State for years to come, even if they get pushed up to Div I due to CB.

Div. III
Independence over Coldwater
Versailles over Tusky Valley
Finals: Independence over Versailles
I will change things up here, Independence's only L was to SJA and they could possibly be playing in the Div I State Title.

Div. IV
New Bremen over Buckeye Central
Aquinas over FCA
Finals: New Bremen over Aquinas
Biggest guess on my part