View Single Post
Old 04-27-17, 05:21 PM
All World

BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
Yes they would but I did enjoy the Boardman games...always a close game and the home team usually lost...lol. I liked your old Stadium...except the year the fans kept closing the windows..lol. I actually don't know what your area does for League issues. The population changes over the last 30 years have really changed things.
Those games were fun and usually close. Lake's stadium will always be my favorite. Would love to have an excuse to get back over there for a game...From 04-09 the home team lost every game in the series lol. Anyways the population shift has really hurt the Mahoning/Stark areas except for Jackson it seems. I have a friend that lives in the Green area and every time I'm there I have a hard time believing it's a D2 school. It has built up in much the same vain Boardman did in the late 80s in terms of commercial investment, etc. Perhaps just an older population. And it seems that Lake leveled off as well. For awhile I though you guys were gonna skyrocket into D1 for football. Of course the 7th division nixed a lot of that but the raw numbers in most places have trended downward.

Here in Mahoning county, it's hard to believe but Poland is now D4 and basically the same size as many of the schools that want to avoid it. Politics and demographic change is a toxic mix...