View Single Post
Old 11-27-17, 11:16 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMxFalcons View Post
If you look at every "good" program Massie has played over the last 10 years, you just summarized what they ALWAYS say. You play a weak schedule and that's why you're here. Those passes are usually daggers against teams, 34 yards a completion this season. 8 defenders in the box but Massie usually has 10 guys so if math serves me correctly, that's 1 extra offensive player plus the ball carrier.

Massie recently scheduled themselves against Bishop Hartley, to go along with playing Coldwater and playing in a league where 2 other teams made the DIII playoffs. They've scheduled DeSales, Steubenville, Turpin and now have Hartley and Coldwater on the schedule. Their schedule is very much on par with that of Steubenville.
Here is what I see: first, your harbin points were 24 and the big red had 33, the 11th highest in all divisions. However you want to spin it, the system is designed to award teams who play teams that win. I look at the Fslcons schedule and I see a lot more really bad teams on your schedule than ours. Again, people can spin that how they want. You guys average just under 50 a game in the 10 game regular season. In the playoffs you are at about half that. In other words good teams seem to figure out how to slow down your running game and scoring. I think you can pretty much assume Big Red will also. You gained 133 yards rushing against JG and it to a pick 6 and an improbable 4th and goal from the 25
Completion to win the game. Before last Friday have you guys trailed this season by more than 1 score with 4 or 5 minutes to go? If you fall behind in this one by 14 or so I think you are pretty much guaranteed the runner up trophy. There are a couple of programs in Ohio that have won titles with the ... OK foe..... here is what we are going to do , you know it, and we know it, now stop us. CM, Mooney, Hill Davidson, Colerain and Kirtland have that mentality. If we get 8 guys in the box, that style wonít work. You can remind me of Hartley but they threw it more than you know and at the end of the day it was the pass that beat us. Iím blown away by that figure of 21 completed passes in 14 games.