Thread: NBA Discussion
View Single Post
Old 12-07-16, 12:48 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Nothing wrong with the coach pulling him. It was done often in their 73 win run last year. It's smart.

I think that Thompson's arrogant comment, "Too bad they couldn't keep it closer......maybe coach would have kept me in long enough to get 80.", was classless, though. I'd have something special for him next time we played if I was a Pacer.

The amazing thing was that he only dribbled 11 times. The ball was in his hands less than 1 minute. It just illustrates what a great job the Cavs did in keeping him uncomfortable for most of their series.
Shooters go hot and cold, the Cavs were able to keep him, as you say, from getting comfortable. It is amazing he had the ball for such a short time.

I think Thompson was upset he didn't get to stay in. He didn't go public with that, but who wouldn't want to ride that wave? We get a little too worried about sportsmanship and worried about injuries, etc. It's one game, they had the next night off, he only played 29 minutes, let the kid play. I'm sure if Paul George was going off some night the coach isn't going to pull him.