View Single Post
Old 02-06-18, 02:58 PM
All Ohio

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
I donít think Tipp will win easily, but they definitely have what it takes. 6í5 Ball State commit Zac Losey has been clocked officially at 91 MPH, and will lead a strong pitching staff once again. Junior transfer Keagan Eggelston has a good fast ball in the mid to upper 80s and Senior Miles McClurg pitched a decent amount last year. The Barhorst brothers are back for there final season and will look to continue their successful careers. Sophomore Cade Beam is a stud catcher and has been playing for Ohio Eite the past few seasons. The McClurg brothers bring a lot of speed to this team and Josh Riebe will finally take over at first base after being a varsity back up the last 2 years. This team will be strong although they do lose 2 stud D1 players from last year in Eichbuam and Hughes.
Not to nitpick, Kenton Egbert is the transfer. Also, Miles McClurg logged 1/3 of a varsity inning...Mason had 3 1/3.

I think it will be a very interesting race. Butler, Tipp and Troy all have a shot. Butler and Tipp are losing a lot, while Troy loses their one key player.

Out of the bunch, I would say Tipp has the most talent. Losey has quite the arm, and Yunker is pretty good too. Losey is obviously a great athlete that has really bloomed, but he still only pitched 2/3 of an inning this past year. He'll need to be able to use those tools that got him the D1 scholarship this spring. The Barhorst brothers along with Beam and some other players should be pretty good.

Butler brings back Norman, but will definitely be missing Damon along with Tyler Burley, who carried this team the past few years. Preston Tofstad and Fults will have to help the team offensively.

Troy really only loses Hayden Kotwica, who was their second leading hitter and pitcher, but bring back nearly everyone else. Jake Daniel (Ohio Dominican) and Brandon Emery (Findlay) will have to carry the team offensively, and Cole Brogan will be the ace on the mound. Keiran Williams is a reliable catcher that can really catch and throw it behind the plate. Pitcher Chase Weaver will likely be the other league game starter, and will have to step his game up. He's going to UNOH, an NAIA powerhouse, but will have to show that his tools can play as well.

It should be an interesting spring. Troy heads to Atlanta during Spring Break and that should help them get battle tested, I think Tipp heads to Florida and Butler to Myrtle Beach. Hopefully the weather stays nice for some good baseball this spring!