View Single Post
Old 10-13-17, 09:18 AM
All Yappi
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by belied dat View Post
I have worked in 4 states in the last 10 years. All soccer jobs. Yes, one can find some indoor or outdoor leagues. But, that doesn't mean anything. There's beer league softball more than soccer leagues, what does that mean?

I currently play in two leagues. They play once a week. What does that do? There's nothing else involved in it. Growing up, I played in two seasons: fall and winter. Fall was structure I gave. Winter...indoor once a week. My hometown FINALLY started a spring league in 2015 for youth players, and it was a hit! I tried for years to get it going, the fight was it would interfere with baseball season...that didn't start until late/mid May. It was a smaller league, half the size of fall league, but that's more kids that weren't in the sport through the season it was played.

Just because there's leagues and/or people playing once a week, doesn't mean soccer is getting better OR people are truly developing. I have coached club, worked in club, and constantly talk with club coaches. What is the common theme? The amount of players that don't show up for training, excuses, frustrations, etc.
You said soccer is only played a couple months a year at the younger levels.

I disagreed and said it's year round.

So lemme get this straight..... to prove your point about soccer NOT being year round you are going to equate youth and HS age rec/travel/academy games to meaningless adult beer league softball games?