View Single Post
Old 07-10-17, 06:53 PM
All Ohio

madman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatornation View Post
Madman, will you be doing an average improvement for the girls, their numbers are posted?
I have no agenda here, but before presenting the girls results I've got the feeling they may generate some strong responses. Just remember the data is what it is. I am making no attempt to argue why it's that way.

I will leave it to those who have coached girls far more than I have to make such arguments.

============================

As I mentioned earlier, since no times from last year slower than 26:31 are included, the data omits a large chunk of the population and in so doing biases the results for girls as the slower end of the spectrum. That's why it appears that all of those girls improve. No times from last fall slower than 26:31 were included in Milesplit's list.

For the girls in the faster bands that are less likely to be affected by the truncation of the data, the typical girl didn't end up with a faster PR. However 40-45%, a large chunk of the population, did have faster PRs than the year before.

Note: To facilitate comparisons, I went back and updated the table for boys to include the % Who Improve column.

Last edited by madman; 07-10-17 at 07:05 PM..