View Single Post
Old 06-17-14, 09:40 PM
All Ohio

John336 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseball View Post
I' m tired hearing about all the Dunbar kids. Just because they load up every year like an AAU team doesn't make all of those guys great players. Every year Dunbar gets the best 8th graders out of the entire City League (several hundred to pick from) and then raids the Catholic grade schools if they need to. Then they play in the D2 tournament. The only schools who have the advantage Dunbar has is the GCL South, and if you notice, they never play them. Also, other than Norris Cole what Dunbar player has lived up to his potential at the next level. Don't say Cooke. Didn't start at OSU and now is out of the League. Nor is he playing in Europe. I do agree that he was an incredible high school talent.
Dude please spare us your bitterness. Dunbar does not get the best 8th graders every year did you see TM had the stronger senior class the last two seasons? We dont raid Catholic grade schools, kids wanna win so they go where they can realize winning. For the record GCL South schools avoid city schools namely Dayton Dunbar didnt you see what Trotwood did to Moe in the tourney? Cook was in Germany last year dude after six seasons in the league do you call that a bust? Aaron Pogue, Josh Benson, Geron Johnson, Ryan Bass, Deon Stewart all graduated or set to graduate. Andre Yates, Damerion Geter, Gary Akbar, Teddy Hawkins all currently enrolled. Did I mention Jordan Smith headed to a D2 school West Virgina State and Willie Green to Stillman College? So how is Dunbar players not living up to there potential at the next level?