Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH MAN View Post
This thread isn't a hate fest...

Yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGH MAN View Post
ITZME
Yes 3 playoff appearances. 2 of which were because and only because of Lynn Bowden, I think 90% of people would agree with that. Plus if you followed WGH as I do for the last 50 yrs, both of those team should have gone much farther and 1 of them could have won a State Championship aside from some questionable coaching decisions in crunch time where Arnold choked big time!

Please don't ever, ever, put Arnold in the same sentence as Thom McDaniels!!!
That would be like putting Tim Tebow with Joe Montana.
NO COMPARISON AT ALL.
HERESY. ALL WGH FANS WOULD AGGREE TO THAT.
DON'T BE STUPID.
1. Lynn Bowden is WGH's all time leader in passing TDs. I suppose that he threw them all to himself, huh?
2. Bowden rarely played defense, yet WGH shut out 4 opponents in 2016. That hadn't been done since 2002.
3. You can't compare the talent that Arnold had/has to what McD had. Huge difference, but there is a reason for it. If you are as old as you claim you are, you'd know why.
4. "Questionable coaching decisions?" Do you think that Coach Arnold would pass three consecutive times on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and goal with the USA Today Offensive Player of the Year in the backfield? McD gave the 2001 state title away in the 3rd round. Harding may never have a team that stacked again.

Again, "hate fest." Most of your topics are, which is why I rarely comment on them anymore. I don't agree with every decision that Coach Arnold makes, but I'm more than involved enough with our youth to know where the problems lie. Again, if you are as old as you say you are, then you've wasted a lot of time being blind.