View Single Post
Old 04-13-18, 12:48 PM
All District

LM Panthers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
From 1988-1994 Coldwater football was not good. One winning season and never more than .500 in the MAC. No midget football. In 1995 they got very good and still are. No midget football. What changed in 1995? John Reed was hired? Lack of midget football had no effect, positive or negative, on Coldwater football. But a good head coach had a total effect.

From 1990-1998 Marion Local football was average at best. No midget football. In 1999 they started to become a power with numerous state titles. That was the year Tim Goodwin was hired. No midget football. Again, lack of midget football had zero effect on Marion Local football. A good head coach had all the effect.

Midget football has no effect on varsity success or failure. A good varsity coach does.
You're 100% correct. Good example is my high school Sidney and my kids high school Little Miami. LM has k-6 pee wee and Sidney has 5 and 6, nothing has helped them. Now LM might be headed in the right direction with this coach, well see when we start playing a better schedule. I do think Sidney 5th and 6th had helped Anna and Ft. Loramie more than it has helped Sidney.