View Single Post
Old 03-07-18, 08:53 AM
All Yappi

cardzfan1234 is on a distinguished road
In all of the years Mentor has played Brush, this is the most talented (in terms of college talent) Arcs teams by far that Mentor has faced. Three guys will be playing DI basketball. As good as Nate Tait was, he didn't have any DI offers that I know of. He played DII at Lake Erie. Here is some info on Brush's talented trio:

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20...all-postseason

1) DJ Dial - the junior PG is the most heralded player of the group. Dial has offers from Kent and Cleveland State. He is the leading scorer on the team and will have the ball in his hands more than any other Brush player. Making it a difficult night for Dial will be key for a Mentor victory.

2) Andre Harris - the 6'2 guard has six DI offers from mid-majors, including Kent and CSU. He is averaging 13 ppg and will challenge Mentor as a much longer guard than the 5'9 Dial. Like Dial, he is just a junior. The two will rival any starting backcourt in Ohio next season...and maybe even this season.

3) John Hugley - a big (6'8 220-pound) post player that could cause a lot of issues for a Mentor team that doesn't have a traditional big anywhere near his size. Hugley scores 12 ppg and will be difficult to deal with in the paint. Just a sophomore, he already has more offers than Harris/Dial.

Their top three players will all return next season, which is a scary thought. Brush might be a year away from being this year's Solon team...one that is heads and shoulders above the rest of the district. Brush has had their ups (won their league and beat Garfield/CCA) and downs (lost to Mayfield/Riverside) this season.

Defensively, we should see a good dose of Floriea guarding Dial. That should be a fun matchup to watch. Tatarunas (among others when he gets in foul trouble) will try to bang with Hugley. This is the first time this season that Mentor has played a talented post player. Not sure who else will step up to defend him. I imagine that Zalba will be the primary defender on Harris. I am worried about foul trouble against an athletic and talented team like Brush. Hopefully, Mentor will be disciplined to defend without getting in foul trouble.