View Single Post
Old 02-14-18, 04:46 PM
All Yappi

Worm02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited Potential View Post
No doubt the overall process is still very flawed. Looks like many coaches here looked simply at Euclid's record and seeded them low and possibly didn't do homework on Harding.
Never got a response to your comment in the bold. Are you saying that Euclid should be seeded higher than Harding? I can't say anything bad about the Panthers, but did you practice what you preached and "do homework on Harding?" I doubt it...

Harding started the season 6-5, which included losses to Cleveland St. Ignatius, Kennedy Catholic (PA powerhouse), Poland, etc. Then again, you might be thinking, "Harding also lost to Shaw & Youngstown East." Harding started the season playing a very inexperienced group (2 lettermen from last year) because they were forced to be without their best player for the 1st half of the season. Senior Delmar Moore is originally from Warren (I remember when his mother had him) and played JV for Harding two years ago, but last year, he lived in Greer, South Carolina. While he was down there, he played for SC Supreme, one of the premiere AAU squads in the country that also featured recent Duke commit Zion Williamson, and got much better.

When Moore moved back for his senior season, the OHSAA made him sit out 11 games, but since he has been back, Harding is 7-1, which includes wins over Canton McKinley (last night), Massillon, a road win at Maple Heights (Harding closed the game with a 20-2 run), a 35-point victory over Youngstown East (who previously beat Harding just a month prior), etc. In that time span, they've given up 42.9 points per game.

If Moore would've played the whole year, I seriously doubt that Harding would have 6 losses, but I guess that we'll never know. What I do know is that in their first 11 games, Harding's then-inexperienced team had to grow up fast. Now that they have and their 6'6" Division 1 recruit is back in te mix, don't expect them to lay down for anybody in Solon.

That's probably the "homework" that the coaches within the district did.