Thread: St. Edward 2017
View Single Post
Old 03-07-17, 09:26 AM
All Yappi

EaglePride01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehs View Post
Random question but I figured the football thread gets the most views but does anyone remember Ed's or Ignatius dominating the rivalry in most sports like the Wildcats have beaten the Eagles this year?

Twice in football, I believe 4x in hockey, twice in basketball, soccer and the rest of the sports I believe outside of wrestling were all Wildcat wins. Odd year or are people worried? Flan had not lost to Ignatius in a playoff game ever until last year. I believe last year was also the first time Ignatius had beaten Ed's in a hockey playoff game too. Soccer had begun to even out under Coach Dore' but really regressed lately and returned to yearly beat downs. Football was embarrassed at the stadium but really played their best game in the playoffs, still wonder what could have been if Kramer didn't break his leg.
Certainly a good year to be a Wildcat as far as the rivalry goes. As for being worried, I don't see any reason to be. Aside from soccer and wrestling (and perhaps some less heralded sports like cross country and swimming), the two schools are quite competitive with one another across the sports landscape. Wildcats just so happened to be on the winning side of some tight battles this year. If anything could be considered "worrisome," I'd say it's the surge of the Ignatius hockey program. Their roster depth has been much better than ours in recent years, and may reflect that Ed's is no longer the preferred choice among the elite youth players.