View Single Post
Old 08-02-16, 01:38 PM
All World

One Who Knows is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown Benny View Post
5. Reggie Royals - Florida State. He arrived on the scene right after one of my favorite players, Dave Cowens headed for the NBA
14." Lay a Little Lovin' On Me" Robin McNamara. Wow, OWK this is one of the
most obscure one hit wonders ever.

17 "Gone" Joey Heatherton. This question must have certainly been intended for Bevo. As a recording artist Joey should have stuck to selling
mattresses.

Re: # Extra Credit question A, I think Digger Phelps may be the only person to know the answer to that gem !
JB
JB - I'm not 100% sure that you needed the hints to answer these questions, but I guess that's a moot point.

You are correct on all of your answers and, like you suggested, let's wait a bit on EC "A".

5. Reggie Royals - Florida State. This 6'10" center, who played right after Newport (KY) native Dave Cowens, passed away a few years ago.

14." Lay a Little Lovin' On Me" Robin McNamara. Yes, this was a super hard question, maybe too hard.

17 "Gone" Joey Heatherton. You're right that Bevo would be all over this one, whether it be mattresses or ACE Hardware.

We still need to identify the correct answer to Extra-Credit "A":
EC-"A" - What famous musician, born in Cleveland's "Little Italy" section was Digger Phelps' former father-in-law?
HINT: He wrote the themes for many movies; won four Academy Awards and 20 Grammy Awards. If you're feeling lucky, take a shot in the dark.

ROCK ON!