View Single Post
Old 02-15-17, 07:18 AM
All Region

TRAC Football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
You think so? No they're not. They want their kids to grow, be challenged. If the world were as you seem to think is desired, there would be no TRAC. The parents want them to "bang their heads" against the best teams with which they can be competitive. That would include SJJ and Whitmer and CCHS. They've shown that. Now they need to see if they can still show that with their former D coach now at AW.

I'm surprised TRAC hasn't scheduled Saline. If a coach wants to get a good measure of his individuals and their team work and their coach work, they'd want to play against a team balanced and knowledgeable at every position that wins because of that, not because it has recruited a bevy of D1 recruits. Saline has shown, they are that team. They might have a few recruits, some out of district transfers, I don't know. But they're not playing with a bunch of D1 college recruits so the success would seem to be in the teaching and coaching.
I disagree 1000%. Go listen to the parents after little Johnnie didn't get in the first 3 games because they played 3 meat grinders. Then sit in the meeting with Johnnie and his parents about why he isn't good enough to play.

Your type of thinking might apply to the top 3-5 players on the team, but that is far in the minority. Since we are talking about PB, how many kids actually played meaningful mins vs Whitmer? 15-18? The other 45 players and parents would have rather beat Clay and SF again.