View Single Post
Old 08-11-17, 05:50 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
As usual in this third annual DeSales- Coffman scrimmage there will be a nice array of talent on the field .

This has been a very hard hitting competitive scrimmage the last two years and this year it appears that DeSales has not only more experience and more returning starters but more individual talent as well .

In other words Coffman will be severely tested and needs to be really ready to go if they want to make it a competitive scrimmage.

This will be the third really strong opponent the Rocks have scrimmaged as they look to get a hard look at who may play where, and most importantly who CAN PLAY and who CAN'T at least right now. My feeling is the team will due to lack of reps and experience up front look a lot different in 4-6 weeks than it does now .

DeSales is loaded and a legit contender for a D-3 crown IMO anyway . Biggest name and recruit is Brian Asamoah, who has offers from more than 20 schools, 6-1 about 210 ? is a LB prospect I believe at the college level but will tote the rock offensively for the Stallions. Notre Dame , Wisconsin , Oklahoma , Penn State , Michigan State and Kentucky top his list.

DE Brandon Derrow a DE is 6-4 235 and has offers from Colorado State and Rutgers .

Rodas Johnson is a load at 6-3 270 and plays DT he is a Junior

Ty Van Fossen - is a kid I have seen and liked the last two years 6-2 205 good instincts , committed to Cincinnati

Joey Velzquez is a nice prospect at Safety ? 6-0 190 4.6 kid , will watch him tomorrow .

Interesting to see 6-1 195 pound Sophomore QB Mason Washington on the roster for the Stallions Dublin kid who played at Scioto as a Frosh ? Correct me if I am wrong but I think that is the case, good potential player for them .

Coffman has a few talented kids as well .

Jeslord Boateng SR. has received the most attention a rush LB who has to pressure the QB for the Rocks to be effective on defense , 6-2 215 may be a bit heavier now, looks good and stronger this year, Michigan State commit.

Griffin Hoak - LB 6-1 215-220 leading tackler also a SR , plays the middle and is the biggest hitter of the LB group, scouts aren't buying him as a D-1 LB due to a time , I think they are wrong ? I think his instincts{ great first reaction } toughness and work ethic is D-1 all the way, has a 1-AA offer from Youngstown State , hope and think he deserves some MAC love.

Luke Crabtree - LB 6-2 220 Runs well , can cover and go sideline to sideline pretty well , has a Colorado State offer and a few 1-AA'S as well .

Mike Drennan - Soph - uber talented kid, one of the top 2020 recruits in Ohio, Ohio State is interested , Louisville , Indiana , Kentucky and Cincinnati have already offered , look for many more . 5-11 175- 180 more quick than Jaguar straight line fast , but good speed non the less , moves galore , great hips , could play corner at the next level I believe, but probably a hybrid Curtis Samuel type. Not saying as good don;t misunderstand not fair at this point to do that , but that is the type of role he will likely play. Great hands , snatches the ball with his hands at a high point , really smooth .

Kaleb Holcomb - 6-3 255 not sure where he will play 1-AA level player right now, , smart kid, is best offensive lineman , being looked at as HBACK /DE , might have to end up at Left Tackle .

Other interesting players include

AJ Kirk Frosh - one of the best Frosh in the state no question , known around Columbus , brother of Mike Doss former Buckeye , haven't seen him, but have heard great things, 6-0 180 -185 4.5 speed, Safety seems to be best position right now, invited to prestigious Friday Night lights at Ohio State a rare rising Frosh invite, looking forward to watching him tomorrow .

Cole Bagozzi - instinctive 2 year starter, made a lot of big plays last year, will have to do a great job in the middle of the Rocks defense if they are going to be successful strong as snot squats over 500 pounds , 5-11 255

Trevor Grady - SR playing football after a long absence, basketball player with hops. 6-5 WR , nice hands , athletic , will be a weapon in the red zone ? Brother is Wisconsin Soph LB Griffin Grady who had the most stops in the spring game and will get on the field this year in Madison .

Marcus Ernst Sr. and Ethan Brown Jr. QB'S - Ernst played well in the slot last year, athletic competitive kid who goes 5-11 175 or so will paly baseball at Ohio State , brown is bigger 6-3 195-200 and runs very well , needs a bit more polish but is a potential really good player.

Gavin Sturdivant and Cam Scott, RB'S Both Sr's . Gavin has bene productive , starting as a Soph due to injuries, but also got hurt , last year went down twice but was good when he was out there, Really tough kid, , STRONG , man strength at 5-7 190 . Scott is pretty fast 5-10 195 and has waited his turn, can be productive .

Left out a few guys I am sure for both teams that could have bene mentioned, but again as usual very good players and two quality programs going at it

10.0 AM at DeSales