View Single Post
Old 08-02-17, 06:16 PM
All American

CuriousGeorge1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
Why would Wadsworth and Elyria be the teams that get the set backs. There is only 4 weight classes where the 3 teams have kids ranked. 106, 120, 138, 145. Plus rosters are not right and will change. Will these weight classes be stacked and 3rd kid from one of these teams may not make it. Rest of the weights are either one or two. Now I have not looked at sectionals to see what teams Wadsworth adds to our district to see what weight classes would become over loaded and may upset a kid from making state.
I think he is just referring to getting some of the fringe kids out of districts to score points at the State Tournament. Ed's has 8 wrestlers in the top 4 Statewide so those kids in theory would make it out of any district.

Elyria has guys like Allison, Zuckerman, Evans, and Keegan that are ranked 7th or lower. They have only 4 wrestlers in the top 4.

Wadsworth has 6 wrestlers in the top 3 though so, I think they have a very strong chance of not being effected by the toughness of any district. Their presence has a big time negative impact on the other schools at the district like Elyria who could have several fringe state qualifiers.