Thread: MAC Discussion
View Single Post
Old 01-24-18, 09:01 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
I think the bigger comparison is the conference. I don't think anyone in conference today would have beaten that post APR disaster team but what are your thoughts?

Mine?

This year's team doesn't have perimeter d, they couldn't handle Juice Brown or Drummond. Fletcher, also a transfer could match up JD but that takes Fletcher out of the offense and he's a bigger part of that than was JD. Point 2014.

2017 at the end of the year will be significantly improved because of the Garfield Hts kids. The Fr is getting better quickly on defense and is taking more PG minutes from Sanford so he can play his more natural spot. 2013's advantage, IMO is Navigato and unstated Knapke. Boothe and Garber would have been the only height match-ups and they were both still young and pudgy.

Beginning of season, 2013 no doubt. End of season? TBD. This year's team seems to have finally learned the first letter of that part of the game that's not offense. If they can learn to spell that word as a team, instead of as individuals, I think they'd have a shot against 2014 but not Southern Miss. Without an extremely hot shooting night, they'll get obliterated in first round of NCAA or NIT. Hope not, but that's what I'm seeing. They can't hold D consistently throughout a game. They can't hold a lead.