View Single Post
Old 12-05-17, 10:03 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster View Post
How do you guys decide what games to attend during the regular season? You don't seem to attend a big rivalry game like Mass./McKin, but go somewhere that you can go to 2 or 3 games on a weekend.
Two years ago, I was going to see the Mass-McK game at Massillon. But, a problem is Halloween during Week 10 now with a kid. So, not sure when/if I can see that matchup. Last two years, I've only seen Saturday night games Week 10. As for outside Ohio. I like to plan a few trips around the country. Usually seek TN/KY in Week 0 before the OH/PA season starts. This year, went to Florida during the season, so saw games on the way down and way back, including games in Virginia and Alabama where I hadn't seen games before. Postseason, I had planned since last year to see the 7 South Dakota title games. And threw in the 14 Minnesota Semifinals on the way back the next weekend. In three weekends, it's the Texas titles for the 7th straight year.

Next year, I'm planning the Corky Kell Classic in Georgia Week 0, the Indiana and Tennessee state championships (Week 14 and 15), and possibly Texas once again Week 17 (PA Week 16). In a couple years, I'll do the CA title games. And also see some of the Kansas and Arkansas title games, since those two states I've missed as well. And also a northeast trip. Vermont/NH/ME/MA/RI/CT, somewhere. But that's more long term wishful thinking at this point.

For me, at the start of the year, I have all the schedules, verify the outliers (Thursday and Saturdays), and try to pair an afternoon game with a night game. Usually somewhere I haven't been or team(s) I haven't seen yet.

Thursday isn't much of an option. Friday is just what I feel like in the area. Try to pick a decent game, but will edge toward someone I haven't seen a game. Still several places in Trumbull, Mahoning, Columbiana, Lawrence, and Beaver Counties I haven't been to yet.