Thread: Ask the Ref.
View Single Post
Old 02-21-15, 08:39 PM
All Ohio
suplex21 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TeamVisionWrestling View Post
Alright, I'll do my best to describe the situation and what I interpret the rule to be.

If a wrestler certifies and makes scratch 145. But then weigh ins at 152 and bumps to 160 in a dual. Are they still 145 eligible?

The way it was explained to me was (by many refs and other coaches), once you make scratch at your eligible weight class, the most you can wrestle over it is one weight class or you forfeit the ability to wrestle in the post season at that weight class.

The post season is coming up and we have seen a ton of wrestlers in the state duals wrestle two weight classes higher than they are going to be wrestling in the post season. There was a case last year where Team A called Team B out on the exact circumstance and Team B had to forfeit in the Semi-Finals of their League tournament because they were deemed ineligible.

Thanks Refs! And sorry if the way I explained it was confusing - did the best I can.
This is just false.
your example is fine.

Talking about lowest allowable weights. You can weigh in one weight above your weight still maintain your lawc. Bumping one weight class does not affect lawc. If a team was dad based on that someone messed up. My guess is thefe is more to this story.