Thread: Cavs 2018-19
View Single Post
Old 07-02-18, 08:36 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
Never thought I'd say this, but I couldn't agree more. This has to be done from the ground up. That is the way Golden State did it. Of course, they hit on their draft picks, and the pressure is now on Altman to do the same. But they can ill afford to loose that draft pick next year, and Love will be on an expiring contract in two years and he might glean a first round pick.

Now, it's time to try to jettison those top-heavy contracts and let the re-build begin.
Altman is a genius if he can figure out a way to dump the JR, TT, Hill and Clarkson contracts.

Unfortunately, Love is at the lowest point in his career value-wise, so as Joe suggested they may get their best value holding him and hoping him getting the ball more and being the focus of the offense bolsters his numbers and value to a trade deadline move. That however, is a risk given his recent injury history.

Hopefully, they can rebuild it without a Browns level historic tanking. I lived through the Stepien years. This can't be worse.