Thread: State Duals
View Single Post
Old 01-12-17, 09:27 AM
Freshman

executive director is on a distinguished road
After watching all of the D1's

1. St. Edward - The best from top to bottom if they are healthy.
2. Elyria - Wadsworth is tough, but if they are all healthy, I just think Elyria has too much firepower.
3. Mason - These guys have a ranked guy in the first half of the lineup and a couple state placers in the back half. They are really good this year. They have a good wrestler in every weight and a couple of great wrestlers sprinkled in along with backups that are state caliber.
4. Elder - LaSalle has some absolute hammers, but I don't think they have enough to beat a healthy LaSalle team. This is a dual. Elder has a good guy in 11-12 weight classes. LaSalle has 7-8 great guys.
5. Massillon Perry - par for the course - same quality different year. They always have a tough group, but do they have the dual team needed to go deep?
6. Brecksville - As always, they are tough, but they are not as much of a dual team as these others are. They have some superstars.
7. Westerville North - No real competition.
8. Dublin Coffman - Too much depth for Marysville.

If Liberty were in it and healthy, I would still have trouble seeing them beat Eds. They are very talented, but they have holes which Eds would expose. And the Eds team has a proven record of showing up in big duals.