View Single Post
Old 04-10-17, 02:58 PM
All District

Starkbuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriangleMan View Post
Slip, my description is exactly how CB works. Non-Public schools can have multiple feeders as long as the feeders are in the same 'attendance zone' of the selected public school district. To me 'attendance zone' is the same as the entire district as we are concerned only with the Catholic schools in the district.

From the Bylaw: http://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Schoo...awLanguage.pdf
"For non-public member schools, Factors shall be assigned as follows:
—Tier 0 – the student attended the same system of education continuously since the beginning
of the 7th grade and attended one of the designated/assigned feeder schools continuously
since the beginning of 7th grade.
—Tier 1 – the student attended the same system of education continuously since the beginning
of 7th grade but did not attend one of the designated/assigned feeder schools continuously
since the beginning of 7th grade.
"

From How to Determine Your Feeder School(s) for Non-Public Schools: http://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Schoo...SchoolList.pdf

Physical School District Location of Feeder Schools for Competitive Balance
(Updated 9-8-16)
Feeder Schools, for the purposes of Competitive Balance, are the non-public school or schools (parishes
for parochial schools; schools from the same system of education for other private schools) located
within a designated or chosen public school district attendance zone. A high school can have multiple
feeder schools so long as they are located within the same public school district attendance zone,
and a
school(s) can serve as feeder schools for more than one high school simultaneously. If a non-public
member high school fails to choose a school district/attendance zone for its feeder school(s), the public
school attendance zone in which the non-public school is physically located will be assigned as that
school’s selected attendance zone.
As a reminder, feeder schools are considered to be from the Same System of Education as defined by the
Ohio Department of Education (i.e. Catholic Conference of Ohio, Ohio Association of Independent Schools,
Association of Christian Schools International, etc.). Therefore, if a Catholic non-public high school selects
an attendance zone with two parishes and one Montessori school physically located within that zone, the
Catholic non-public school will only be permitted to select the two parishes as its feeder schools

BTW, in my previous post I cleaned up the reference to Louisville/St Louis and changed the use of 'district' to 'attendance zone'.
You are correct, but what two feeder schools are in the same school district to fit this description? I think what Slip is saying is that CCC was forced to choose St. Michael's, and wisely so, because of the number of students enrolled at the school. However, the majority of the football team is NOT made up of St. Michael's students, but across all sports that is not the case. However, in your scenario, you are proposing that two different schools can be designated feeders IF they are both within the same district. However, all of the Stark County Catholic schools, Holy Cross Academy, are in different districts. So, in essence, you are both saying the same thing.