View Single Post
Old 04-06-17, 07:33 PM
All Region

TriangleMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForTheRoad View Post
Based on the physical address of STA (Louisville) the only feeder schools that kids can come from and STA not be given CB figures for is St. Louis and of course the STA middle school as long as they are enrolled in 7th grade. (different multiplier for those who enroll in 8th grade)

St. Louis has about 6-8 students a year in 8th grade and not all of them wind up attending STA. The middle school is about 2-3 years old now and enrollment is low.

The majority of kids entering 9th grade at STA come from Christ the Servant (OLOP), Canton City feeder, St. Paul, North Canton City feeder, Regina Ceoli, Alliance City School feeder, and a few from St. Michael, Canton City School feeder.

It all boils down to the physical address of the high school for non-public schools.

However, 90+% of the kids enrolled at STA have gone to Catholic Schooling their entire school history. I guess the question is really what is homegrown? A kid who has lived his/her entire life in a locale and has attended Catholic or private school, or one who has at least one parent in the public school district or moved in by the 7th grade.

I guess I consider kids who have attended non-public schooling at a traditional feeder school for his entire school years with the intention of attending that non-public school for high school as "homegrown".

I don't care one way or another, CB is not going to affect most of the smaller non_public schools.
Christ the Servant (OLOP) and St. Michael are located in the Plain Local school district. They are not feeders in the Canton City attendance zone.

The physical address of STA, or any other private school, played no role in determining which feeder schools’ students were assigned a multiplier, unless STA did not select a public school's attendance zone and the OHSAA assigned one based on location. This allowed Canton CC, situated in Perry Local, to select Plain Local as its zone to take advantage of the St. Michael contingent.

STA possibly selected Louisville Public Schools as its zone, and it could pull from St Louis with no penalty. Since STA middle school did not exist until the 2014-15 school year, this year’s 10-12 graders on the rosters were never enrolled as seventh graders at the middle school; 10th graders would’ve been 8th graders for a minimum multiplier. So maybe STA selected NC City Schools as its attendance zone, to take advantage of the large number of St Paul students in grades 10-12, or Canton City for its connection to St. Peter. Anyhow, it’s probably irrelevant which zone was selected as there aren’t enough roster members in any sport to push their starting EMIS numbers into the next higher division.

Last edited by TriangleMan; 04-10-17 at 08:27 AM. Reason: use attendance zone not district